07-23-2015, 04:09 AM   #859
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win View Post
Thanks Dackel for setting this up. Much appreciated, as are your insights on all the other threads.

If you're in the US, it should be obvious, Max hasn't "caught up" with the exchange rates... so it's much cheaper to buy directly online, especially if you're buying multiple.
I think one reason why the US spec models from Max are higher priced is bc of the shipping from Germany to the USA. Nothing is cheap over in the Land of DE.

IF anyone wants a US Spec 1M model... just contact Max directly. He will take care of your needs. He can also do minor customizing too.

Dackel
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #860
Cole Trickle
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupé

Just contacted Max and his response was very quick.

Looking forward to getting my AW 1M in the coming weeks.

Thanks for sorting this all Dackelone!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #861
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Found these photos on a German model car forum. Thought it would a be a good idea to give you guys heads up.

OP was not much impressed by the model because of - poor headlights and taillights, interior (no flock and no seat belts), the side sill is wrong and the tips are not fully painted, no roof headliner, just two doors open-able (and they're kind of flimsy) and the mesh is not perforated. Also, it's got a CCC iDrive controller and no screen (original Moto GP car had a CIC screen).

OP has since then modified the lights and flocked the interior:

I don't want to tarnish the model by any means, I am just reproducing what others have said. There's quite a big thread over at the forum regarding the model and on 1erforum as well. I kind of agree that for the price it could be better. For example, my autoART 1/18 3.0 CSL that was ca. €50 cheaper is just perfectly made. However, I kind of feel bad for Max at the moment... He has to stand up for the model and has to face many unnecessarily angry die cast collectors.
      07-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #862
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
pretty unfortunate about the details being so off on these.....it would be fine if they were $50....not fine if they are $180+

I don't think I'm gonna be ordering unless I find a really good deal on one. Will be satisfied with my 1:43 1M collection for now!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #863
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I want this 'die cast'. "Scale 1:1".

Source: http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/04/24/p...sized-toy-car/

Name:  GT4_ToyCar2.jpg
Views: 2486
Size:  104.1 KB

Name:  GT4_ToyCar.jpg
Views: 2450
Size:  123.4 KB

I guess it's a tongue-in-cheek hint of the PR folks at Porsche to the Porsche GT3 RS design that got leaked because of the early release of a die cast (see here).

Last edited by Artemis; 07-27-2015 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 4
      07-28-2015, 09:53 PM   #864
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Hi Dackel,

l own a white U.S. spec 1M. I would like the model to be like my real 1M. Besides telling Max that I want a white. U.S. spec model, do I have to give more detail? In other words, do I have to specify things like silver wheels and not black? Also, do you know if the interior can be had without the NAV?

Thanks for all of your effort on this.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 05:01 AM   #865
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
Hi Dackel,

l own a white U.S. spec 1M. I would like the model to be like my real 1M. Besides telling Max that I want a white. U.S. spec model, do I have to give more detail? In other words, do I have to specify things like silver wheels and not black? Also, do you know if the interior can be had without the NAV?

Thanks for all of your effort on this.

Leif W.
I think Max knows what came on US spec cars as standard trim. But it is always better to be clear when placing an order. So yea... I would tell him what you want(exactly) on both models. He'll take good care of you.

Dack
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #866
Elwood Blues
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I want this 'die cast'. "Scale 1:1".

Source: http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/04/24/p...sized-toy-car/

Attachment 1251770

Attachment 1251767

I guess it's a tongue-in-cheek hint of the PR folks at Porsche to the Porsche GT3 RS design that got leaked because of the early release of a die cast (see here).

That's cool but it's going to lose all of it's value if you take it out of the box. It will no longer be "mint in box"
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #867
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
That's cool but it's going to lose all of it's value if you take it out of the box. It will no longer be "mint in box"
Thats if the postman doesn't smash the box up first
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 11:00 AM   #868
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Arrow Minichamps 1:18 scale 1M models...

Hi Guys,

Max has signed up to 1Addicts but he can not post nor receive PM's just yet. So he asked me to make this posting for him. Again... anyone who wants one of his models should contact him directly: mlang@minichamps.de

Best regards,
Dackel

.................................................. ............................

Dear 1addicts user,

First of all thanks for all the people that have ordered so far. The first models will be send tomorrow, of course with tracking, which I will send to each and everybody individually.

Some people here had questions about the price for the models and shipping.

Shipping to the US from Germany for one model is between USD 32 to USD 37 depending on where you are located, for the second one an additional USD 10.

I have made US Spec cars specifically for the forum, since these are individually customized by myself, the price is of course a bit higher than the regular models. Dackel was so nice and told me the exact specs per car.

Attached are pictures of all versions that you can choose from. Additionally I can do license plates, carbon fiber spoilers, carbon mirrors, blacked out grills, blacked out side turn signals and lower rear bumper swords.

I did not make big numbers, since it is pretty time intensive, so here is the quantity that I could make from all the individual parts that I have received:

Java Green: 6 models (3 left)
Monaco Blue: 12 models (5 left)
Black Sapphire: 30 models (only 7 left)
Valencia Orange: 50 models (25 left)
Alpine White: 50 models (21 left)
The Safety cars are available as well

As Dackel has written, you can contact me directly at mlang@minichamps.de I have also signed up in the forum (Riviera Blue), so that you can also contact me directly. I am just waiting for clearance by the moderators, so that I can post replies as well.

Concerning the post from the German forum: all US Spec models will have the M door trim sill facing the correct direction.

As you all might understand, different collectors have different expectations, meeting them all is impossible. We also have to stick to certain company rules and requirements, as well entry barriers to markets all over the world. In China for example the models need a special labeling and require certain equipment. For example the 1:1 car manufacturer industry heavily focuses on China and its requirements and therefore other countries fall a bit short and the same goes for many industries also the model car industry. As a collector things often look simpler and easier to comment than they are in reality, as a manufacturer you have to face a lot of complex issues and decisions, this for example all starts with the idea to bring the model as close to the original product as possible. This is not always possible, due to all the innovative and futuristic designs of cars nowadays. This should not stand as an excuse, but as an explanation as to why sometimes things are not 100% as they are with the original car.

Maybe some of you remember the open letter that AutoArt released about 3 years ago, where they stated the constant cost increase for materials and labor in China and a resulting price increase and need to reduce detailing on certain aspects of the model and their work with the car manufacturer industry. The result of this some of you have probably already seen, the number of AutoArt models being released is shrinking.

Thanks

Max
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #869
Riviera Blue
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Dear 1addicts user,

It is me, Max, who is doing all your models. Maybe some quick info about myself, I got a 1M back in 2011 and drove it until July/ August of 2013. Sadly I woman under DUI "flew" into my car, while I had parked it at my home after the Brazil-Germany World Cup match. I am lucky that I am still alive, since I left my car 20 minutes, before she crushed my car. I was in bed, when the police woke me up and yes I was more than shocked! But this is more than 1 year ago, so I have recovered from this shocking experience. I sadly do not own a 1M anymore, but maybe I will get a new BMW in the future.

First of all thanks for all the people that have ordered so far. The first models will be send tomorrow, of course with tracking, which I will send to each and everybody individually.

Shipping to the US from Germany for one model is between USD 32 to USD 37 depending on where you are located, for the second one an additional USD 10.

I have made US Spec cars specifically for the forum, since these are individually customized by myself, the price is of course a bit higher than the regular models. Dackel was so nice and told me the exact specs per car.

Below are pictures of all versions that you can choose from. Additionally I can do license plates, carbon fiber spoilers, carbon mirrors, blacked out grills, blacked out side turn signals and lower rear bumper swords.

I did not make big numbers, since it is pretty time intensive, so here is the quantity that I could make from all the individual parts that I have received:

here are some pics:

As Dackel has written, you can contact me directly at mlang@minichamps.de I have also signed up in the forum (Riviera Blue), so that you can also contact me via PM.

Concerning the post from the German forum: all US Spec models will have the M door trim sill facing the correct direction.

As you all might understand, different collectors have different expectations, meeting them all is impossible. We also have to stick to certain company rules and requirements, as well entry barriers to markets all over the world. In China for example the models need a special labeling and require certain equipment. For example the 1:1 car manufacturer industry heavily focuses on China and its requirements and therefore other countries fall a bit short and the same goes for many industries also the model car industry. As a collector things often look simpler and easier to comment than they are in reality, as a manufacturer you have to face a lot of complex issues and decisions, this for example all starts with the idea to bring the model as close to the original product as possible. This is not always possible, due to all the innovative and futuristic designs of cars nowadays. This should not stand as an excuse, but as an explanation as to why sometimes things are not 100% as they are with the original car.

Maybe some of you remember the open letter that AutoArt released about 3 years ago, where they stated the constant cost increase for materials and labor in China and a resulting price increase and need to reduce detailing on certain aspects of the model and their work with the car manufacturer industry. The result of this some of you have probably already seen, the number of AutoArt models being released is shrinking.

Thanks

Max
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #870
Riviera Blue
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Dear 1addicts user,

It is me, Max, who is doing all your models. Maybe some quick info about myself, I got a 1M back in 2011 and drove it until July/ August of 2013. Sadly I woman under DUI "flew" into my car, while I had parked it at my home after the Brazil-Germany World Cup match. I am lucky that I am still alive, since I left my car 20 minutes, before she crushed my car. I was in bed, when the police woke me up and yes I was more than shocked! But this is more than 1 year ago, so I have recovered from this shocking experience. I sadly do not own a 1M anymore, but maybe I will get a new BMW in the future.

Below are pictures of all versions that you can choose from. Additionally I can do license plates, carbon fiber spoilers, carbon mirrors, blacked out grills, blacked out side turn signals and lower rear bumper swords.

here are some pics:

As Dackel has written, you can contact me directly at mlang@minichamps.de I have also signed up in the forum (Riviera Blue), so that you can also contact me via PM.

Thanks

Max
Appreciate 6
      07-30-2015, 06:17 AM   #871
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep

Minichamps is now showing the 1:18th BMW 1er M Coupe White for week 33 which is Friday the 14th of August.

Showing models 1 to 7 of 7 new launches in week 33 | 2015

110020022 BMW 1er M COUPÉ - 2011 - WHITE (ALPINE WHITE) L.E. 1002 pcs
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #872
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

FYI for anyone in the process of ordering. It looks like Max can customize the cars you're ordering. I'm trying to decide if I want black wheels and/or blacked out grills for the BSM 1M I ordered. I have to decide by tomorrow. I already have him doing US spec and shadowline for my BSM 1M.

Last edited by zx10guy; 07-30-2015 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #873
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera Blue View Post

Thanks

Max
HI Max,

I sent you an email regarding ordering a model.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #874
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Riviera Blue Are the safety car models limited like the regular production cars?
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #875
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Guys,

To add a bit more to my last post, Max can do the following customizations to the 1M models: black or silver wheels, black or chrome side turn signals, US or Euro spec, US or Euro license plates, chrome or black kidney grills, carbon fiber rear lip spoiler, lower front lip spoiler, and chrome or shadowline.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 03:00 PM   #876
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Riviera Blue Are the safety car models limited like the regular production cars?
They are limited to 504 pcs.
Appreciate 2
      08-02-2015, 03:43 PM   #877
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
FWIW I have ordered a safety car online for $132 with shipping. the Euro is so weak.....good for me!!!
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #878
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
They are limited to 504 pcs.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #879
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
FWIW I have ordered a safety car online for $132 with shipping. the Euro is so weak.....good for me!!!
Wow... way less than I paid. Nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #880
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep

This is the cheapest so far that I have seen the MotoGP version selling for on eBay.

This is not my listing, the seller has alraedy sold one today.

BMW 1er M Coupe MotoGP Safety car white/blue/red 2011 1:18 110020040 Minichamps
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201399525975...975%26_rdc%3D1
Appreciate 2