BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #23
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

Coming along great! You're gonna love the Tune, especially if you get a hold of some race gas!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #24
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

I like the mods but VAG motorsports? Really? VAG? I would like some vag on my hood but not a decal.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #25
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

This classifies as one of the most stupid posts I have read in my time with forums. Wow, I want my 2 minutes of life back.

Just posting the images would have sufficed.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Cosmetic mods are always in the eye of the beholder, and as long as the owner likes it, that' all that matters. Recall how during the BMW CNBC coverage on the Rolls Royce bit, there was a future owner that wanted an eagle's head embossed on his headrests! LOL Something that 99.999% of folks would pass on I am sure, but whatever floats his boat is what matters at the end I suppose. Let's reserve judgement on the final project once done, I see now how the OP is trying to earn his agent orange name

The orange has been tried on many white cars, and in many cases turned out successful (GT3 RS most notably). Here is a guy who had his track wheels done in orange (and notice the double tire valve btw) and I have to say I like it! The 1///M with all the orange interior accents can pull it off IMO, we saw a recent tuner do stripes with an orange motif.

http://nickscarblog.com/featured-rid...white-audi-rs4

BTW Sam, where did you source the matt black ///M trunk badge? Ebay?
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
SamChas
ON TRACK !
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series M coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post

BTW Sam, where did you source the matt black ///M trunk badge? Ebay?
Yes ! Ebay !
MODZ:BMW Performance Steering, Matte Black Kidnney Grill, Vishnu Pro-ceed, Matte Black ///M Badge, Tinted Windows, Black Side Marker with Clear Tint. AFE Intake, ActiveAutowerke Downpipe, ActiveAutowerke Charge pipe With BOV kit, Black Exhaust tip, PowderCoated Wheels||
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #28
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
I like the mods but VAG motorsports? Really? VAG? I would like some vag on my hood but not a decal.
I wanted to say something too, but the first thing that came to mind:

"Oh man, no lag between the vag? ("What's that mean?") No lag between vaginas." -
Sydney Fife

http://youtu.be/U1ACTahRSF4
      09-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #29
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I wanted to say something too, but the first thing that came to mind:

"Oh man, no lag between the vag? ("What's that mean?") No lag between vaginas." -
Sydney Fife

http://youtu.be/U1ACTahRSF4
Funnny thing is, VAG stands for Volkswagen AG. You'll see it referenced all over the VDub and Audi boards.

It was with some trepidation I bought the VAG-COM tool from Ross Tech for my Audi, which is basically like what BavTech sells for our bimmers. Just find it hillarious how you can buy a VAG-COM Diagnostic Tool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAG-COM
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #30
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ok I'll say it what everyone is thinking - Sam is barking mad

Naming / linking your car after a biological agent that killed 400,000 people and caused 500,000 children to have birth defects is bonkers and makes no sense. Referring to VAG, this has nothing to do with BMW which is not as crazy as naming the car after a killer warfare chemical, but is also bonkers.

You've butchered a lovely car and all of your mods have caused you to need a new clutch, on a brand new car?!? You obviously have more money than sense. Oh and your spelling is terrible.

Bit harsh? Sorry, but your bonkers so I guess you won't care

The 1M will be a future classic and it's your car to do with what you wish, but I personally think you've ruined it

Really don't want to cause any personal offense but I just don't get it.

Last edited by ChrisBuer; 09-14-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #31
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post

Naming / linking your car after a biological agent that killed 400,000 people and caused 500,000 children to have birth defects is bonkers and makes no sense. Referring to VAG, this has nothing to do with BMW which is not as crazy as naming the car after a killer warfare chemical, but is also bonkers.

You've butchered a lovely car and all of your mods have caused you to need a new clutch, on a brand new car?!? You obviously have more money than sense. Oh and your spelling is terrible.

The 1M will be a future classic and it's your car to do with what you wish, but I personally think you've ruined it

You're kidding right? You need to take one of these:

Name:  chill.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  17.9 KB
      09-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #32
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post

I agree. I wouldn't want to offend anyone either.
This poor car was butchered. I can't believe the car is only 2 months old and the clutch already needs replacing. Being that the 1M will be a future classic...even the played-out black Mbadge, side marker, and grilles is just stupid in my opinion...especially on this KIND of car...
The future looks grim for this car...and I don't see how it will ever make it to a 25th anniversary celebration in nice proper shape (like the E30 M3 gatherings all over the world this year).
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #33
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
You're kidding right? You need to take one of these:

Attachment 579659
I'm totally chilled my friend. It's just a shame that such a nice car and future classic has been ruined IMHO. Needing a new clutch after a couple of months on a brand new and limited run car is bonkers. Almost as bonkers as the first post about chemical warfare

I'm just saying what most are thinking lol.
Appreciate 0