BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
flyboy385
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 MG M2 6MT

Question Service unable to be performed?

I am away at college. (inb4 spoiled bratty kid with a BMW) My dear loving mother noticed while she was driving my 135i (as she does every now and then to keep it happy) that my taillight cover on the trunk was cracked. So she said she would call Crevier BMW and ask if that part was in stock, so she could take it in. Simple enough, there's no way my mods (JB4, AR catless downpipe, Berk street exhaust) could get in the way, we were paying for the part out of pocket anyway. Then she reminded me that my DCT gearshift knob had not been functioning properly for quite some time. After being shifted over into S or M, it struggled to get back to the upright position when parked. I figured that would be another simple part replacement, no biggie.

I called her this morning to ask if she had word on the car, and she said it would be ready today or tomorrow, they just had to "reprogram the car" after installing the new gearshift mod.

...I left the JB4 on map 1.

Am I screwed? Will they just hand back the car and say we couldn't perform the service? Are they gonna charge us? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

It is possible they will void your warranty. Depends on your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

A lot of the time, if the tech has any experience with JB'd cars, they will just turn the tune off. My tech told me the first thing he tried was the steering wheel controls when I brought mine in for the first time.

If they try to program it via OBDII and it doesn't work, there's a good chance they will just try to turn it off IMO.