BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

01-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #111
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
If I am willing to fund a development project for upgrade turbos on RHD cars, how many people would consider it? How much are people willing to pay? Similar to RB pricing? My preference is a TT still, but will do what the market wants.
RB pricing would be too low i'd say? ($3k odd?), it all depends on turbo selection, design, what it's going to achieve

it's a pretty limited market in general.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #112
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

It's been a good read.
So, to sum it up: A Haltech box acting as a isoloated boost controller + a DME flash(more than likely Dimsport tuning software based) + very well fabricated hardware = still some issues that need addressing before it can perform as advertised.
      01-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #113
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz
If I am willing to fund a development project for upgrade turbos on RHD cars, how many people would consider it? How much are people willing to pay? Similar to RB pricing? My preference is a TT still, but will do what the market wants.
To be honest Steve I would be quite content with a nicely tuned N54 with RB's for a DD at 500whp. I feel as though anything beyond this reduces the daily pleasures of this car. But each to there own.

My car made 296rwkw and I was pretty happy until I removed all the mods and drove it stock and it was so much more enjoyable. Only problem was it was bloody slow.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #114
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Flinchy, you seem to appreciate all the hard work of Adrian and Shiv to get all the records and pushing the N54 platform to be as great as it is today. You say their achievements are so great, that they are hard to replicate. However, you have some negativity within, which hinders you to fully enjoy their achievements. If you'd get rid of that connotation, you, Adrian, N54 enthusiasts - all of us would get the positive energy to work on our cars and our jobs towards even greater achievements! As a starting point the turbos, manifolds, engine management systems, suspensions...are all available for anyone. So, we can build on those, (or some other hardware). So, as great as these guys' records are, let's, however, aim to beat them one day

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #115
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio
Flinchy, you seem to appreciate all the hard work of Adrian and Shiv to get all the records and pushing the N54 platform to be as great as it is today. You say their achievements are so great, that they are hard to replicate. However, you have some negativity within, which hinders you to fully enjoy their achievements. If you'd get rid of that connotation, you, Adrian, N54 enthusiasts - all of us would get the positive energy to work on our cars and our jobs towards even greater achievements! As a starting point the turbos, manifolds, engine management systems, suspensions...are all available for anyone. So, we can build on those, (or some other hardware). So, as great as these guys' records are, let's, however, aim to beat them one day

Cheers!
No, i'm saying that even THEY cannot replicate their own work on a customer car

Heck, i didn't really say most of that.. Dzenno making 554rwhp and 63x tq on rb's was much much more impressive to me. Showed what headwork and slight cr lowering does for gains. Much better than changing to a single.

The reasons for my negativity are thoroughly explained in this thread.

Don't worry, already the aim.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #116
jippii ensio
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post

Heck, i didn't really say most of that.. Dzenno making 554rwhp and 63x tq on rb's was much much more impressive to me. Showed what headwork and slight cr lowering does for gains. Much better than changing to a single.

It would be easy for them to replicate it on any car. Just put the same stuff in that they already have. Better track prep and lower ambient temps and they can even beat their own record. Did Dzenno replicate his records in a customer's car? No, he didn't. What's the point for him doing so, or Vishnu for that matter. There is no black magic involved. With the same mods the power is the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:22 AM   #117
Kirst
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM e82 135i

Quote:

It would be easy for them to replicate it on any car. Just put the same stuff in that they already have. Better track prep and lower ambient temps and they can even beat their own record. Did Dzenno replicate his records in a customer's car? No, he didn't. What's the point for him doing so, or Vishnu for that matter. There is no black magic involved. With the same mods the power is the same.
just my two cents but,

If the can only replicate it on shop cars to date, why would anybody bother buying it??

Seems common sense really
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:26 AM   #118
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not so far

As far as i'm aware the shop car has a LOT of unreleased/proto stuff they use as advertisement for their sales
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #119
///Chase
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 16' m4

Sorry Flinchy - Your grammar hurts my head.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #120
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Chase
Sorry Flinchy - Your grammar hurts my head.

There's nothing wrong with it?

Just read over it and all.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #121
///Chase
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 16' m4

Quote:
If i have facts, and i can show these facts, and cite multiple sources, i therefore know what i am talking about... which i have done, in this thread. i mean, i shouldn't have to because most of it is well known and obvious, but apparently i have to for some people..... you have not cited one single source or fact, everything you have posted has come off the top of your head.. and that's okay, because you know everything possible N54 related.
What.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #122
Meijo
BEASTIE
Rep
Drives: ///1M Beast

The rambling on in this thread is just too FRIGGEN FUNNY.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #123
jippii ensio
Major
Rep

Quote:
Not so far

As far as i'm aware the shop car has a LOT of unreleased/proto stuff they use as advertisement for their sales
Since you double check everything so that you post only the truth, please list all of these: "A LOT of unreleased/proto stuff".

Last edited by jippii ensio; 01-30-2013 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #124
jippii ensio
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWlady View Post
just my two cents but,

If the can only replicate it on shop cars to date, why would anybody bother buying it??

Seems common sense really
I'd guess the engine of the shop car is old and tired and they can replicate and better their stuff in ANY car. There is nothing specific in the shop car other than its huge mileage of very hard driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #125
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
To be honest Steve I would be quite content with a nicely tuned N54 with RB's for a DD at 500whp. I feel as though anything beyond this reduces the daily pleasures of this car. But each to there own.

My car made 296rwkw and I was pretty happy until I removed all the mods and drove it stock and it was so much more enjoyable. Only problem was it was bloody slow.
You do have some very good points .
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #126
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not so far

Since you double check everything so that you post only the truth, please list all of these: "A LOT of unreleased/proto stuff".
Ask adrian maybe?

They had the fuel pump long before release (obviously), likely have something in testing that's a further upgrade..

They inadvertently fixed the misfire by already having an smfw

Of course they have unreleased tunes in test

Who knows what else besides possibly adrian...

It's pretty obvious that the development car is going to have things customer cars aren't, it's a development car.. Think for yourself for a minute? Some logic?

I mean.. It's like saying it didn't have the higher versions of procede before the public, or even the ST kit itself..

If it didn't have unreleased stuff, the stuff they have already released.. Well.. Wouldn't exist!

Even back before lpfp upgrades and when it was running rb's with more power than most people, it was using TONS of meth through huge nozzles.. Took a long time to learn that, shiv is very tight lipped to the public.

This is even more of a waste of time than arguing with adrian, at least some of his points were valid.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #127
jippii ensio
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ask adrian maybe?

They had the fuel pump long before release (obviously), likely have something in testing that's a further upgrade..

They inadvertently fixed the misfire by already having an smfw

Of course they have unreleased tunes in test

Who knows what else besides possibly adrian...

It's pretty obvious that the development car is going to have things customer cars aren't, it's a development car.. Think for yourself for a minute? Some logic?

I mean.. It's like saying it didn't have the higher versions of procede before the public, or even the ST kit itself..

If it didn't have unreleased stuff, the stuff they have already released.. Well.. Wouldn't exist!

Even back before lpfp upgrades and when it was running rb's with more power than most people, it was using TONS of meth through huge nozzles.. Took a long time to learn that, shiv is very tight lipped to the public.
Ah, you don't know and you were just speculating. You post some speculation from the internet and fill in the gaps by posting your own even more biased speculation.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #128
Kirst
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

I'd guess the engine of the shop car is old and tired and they can replicate and better their stuff in ANY car. There is nothing specific in the shop car other than its huge mileage of very hard driving.

Apparently some people are trying to start arguments here, each to their own opinion
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #129
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: f32

This thread is consuming you flinchy. You need to give it a rest mate! You had some valid points, so did Adrian! I'm sure BMWLADY has had enough of you researching! Go hang out with her bro!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #130
Kirst
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510135
This thread is consuming you flinchy. You need to give it a rest mate! You had some valid points, so did Adrian! I'm sure BMWLADY has had enough of you researching! Go hang out with her bro!
LOL shhh
I was going along fine until one of you figured it out
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #131
PeteA
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30, E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post

I think too much power corrupts. It's so much fun when you can go flat through a corner and be right on the edge of the physical limits of the drive train / grip. I love how many tunes let you flip between power levels on the fly. To me, that's worth its weight in gold and I'll definitely chase that type of setup when I'm ready to choose my own tune.

There's a RB turbo 135i video on youtube I spotted a while ago. No race numbers, but it sounds loud as heck. Probably full cat delete + downpipes etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #132
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Hello my 1 series brethren.

Just want to get some facts in about dynos and such. (No I don't have 1/4 mile times, car is still getting wide body)

Shiv isn't the dyno queen anymore (at least he hasn't released the dynos showing he is).

First it was FBIS(654):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651949
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706091

Then it was me(657):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735215

And now it's Melissa(659):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782823

Took me about 2 seconds to find those. Of course, they would read lower on the Aussie dynos. I'm running about 30whp less around town since I don't daily drive on race gas (CA 91oct )

Anyways, to sum up 9 pages of cockmacgyvering:
1) There are high horsepower dynos of customer singles, they are easy to find.
2) The 6AT are having shifting problems. They suck.
3) The 6MT misfires have been solved. Holding up well.
4) There are only two singles that have gone to run the 1/4 (that I know of). Both were 6MT. One was Shiv, who has short gearing and got a phenomenal launch and ran 10.8@131. The other is GeorgiaTech335Coupe, who ran a 12.0 at 124.89 and you can read about a few pages back.
5) The only 60-130 times are from Shiv, who's best times were 6.46s with -1.5% slope and 6.51s with 0.00% slope. Many people disregard anything Shiv does because hes a dirty little cheater and must be tampering with his VBOX.
6) There are no other single kits for sale yet, however the current progress is very promising.

Take it or leave it.
-Pete