BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
elzorro4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

DCT and A/C rpm

I know there are tons of threads regarding this topic but I just want your opinion regarding warranty.

When I turn on the A/C, mainly with cold engine, the sometimes acts as it was being drived by a complete idiot. It suddenly accelerates (because rpms drop suddenly so it tries to compensate), when stopped or at very low speed the throttle has some serious lag and it even shuts off if I try to drive it seconds after I turn it on.

The car is under warranty and I told the dealer about this issue several times. They say that when they plug the car no update pops up so the car has the latest software (I doubt it since the car was manufactured on december 2012 and never received a DCT update) and they also argue that if they make an update at my request, without the system requiring it, and this brings any trouble to the car the costs would be charged to me....

I doubt this is "normal" and that BMW dont have any update...

What should I ask the dealer to do since they say the system is up-to-date?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 05:56 PM   #2
gmartan
GB
Canary Islands
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i convertible

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzorro4 View Post
I know there are tons of threads regarding this topic but I just want your opinion regarding warranty.

When I turn on the A/C, mainly with cold engine, the sometimes acts as it was being drived by a complete idiot. It suddenly accelerates (because rpms drop suddenly so it tries to compensate), when stopped or at very low speed the throttle has some serious lag and it even shuts off if I try to drive it seconds after I turn it on.

The car is under warranty and I told the dealer about this issue several times. They say that when they plug the car no update pops up so the car has the latest software (I doubt it since the car was manufactured on december 2012 and never received a DCT update) and they also argue that if they make an update at my request, without the system requiring it, and this brings any trouble to the car the costs would be charged to me....

I doubt this is "normal" and that BMW dont have any update...

What should I ask the dealer to do since they say the system is up-to-date?

Thanks
Easy one. Go to another dealer. It took them three years but this was finally fixed in the last (late 2014?) DME and DCT flash from BMW. Lot's of discussion around this elsewhere in the forum. Yours sounds like a partularly bad iteration though.

Last edited by gmartan; 11-23-2015 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #3
elzorro4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

thanks for your reply, but where can I find a BMW article with this update? I would like to show them that BMW released an update, if not its their word vs mine, and they say "dont trust forums...."
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
ignote
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Updated DME software and got fun noises.. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033690
Appreciate 0