BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
titancrusher1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Jet Black 135i

So Cal Auto Detailer

Can anyone recommend a So Cal Auto detailer? i'm in Pasadena and am looking for someone who REALLY knows what their doing.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Moe at Glistening Perfection. I am taking my car to him this month. I have seen his work on a new GT3 and he just finished up a black Carrera GT. He does small details all the way up to full Concours level details that take a week or more. He is down in the OC but is mobile for an extra price. It really depends on what kind of work you want done but his prices are not cheap for paint correction but you get what you pay for. He measures the paint and does it right the first time. There is another guy in Pasadena Ricky at concours finishing and may be more affordable. FMINUS is another great one in chino hills. There are others that are really good that post in here as well.

I have a black 135 as well and thought I could do it myself but quickly found out why they charge as much as they do. It is really long and punishing work, and if you do not have the experience with good buffers you will do more harm than good. I bought a FLex Orbital and many pads and polishes towels etc and was only able to do the front end before my back gave out and it still is not right. For the money I spent on everything which was around 800 for all the products and equipment I should of just given it to moe for that money and saved myself the pain.lol
      02-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FMINUSDETAIL@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
Moe at Glistening Perfection. I am taking my car to him this month. I have seen his work on a new GT3 and he just finished up a black Carrera GT. He does small details all the way up to full Concours level details that take a week or more. He is down in the OC but is mobile for an extra price. It really depends on what kind of work you want done but his prices are not cheap for paint correction but you get what you pay for. He measures the paint and does it right the first time. There is another guy in Pasadena Ricky at concours finishing and may be more affordable. FMINUS is another great one in chino hills. There are others that are really good that post in here as well.

I have a black 135 as well and thought I could do it myself but quickly found out why they charge as much as they do. It is really long and punishing work, and if you do not have the experience with good buffers you will do more harm than good. I bought a FLex Orbital and many pads and polishes towels etc and was only able to do the front end before my back gave out and it still is not right. For the money I spent on everything which was around 800 for all the products and equipment I should of just given it to moe for that money and saved myself the pain.lol
Thanks for the rec!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMINUS View Post
Thanks for the rec!
No problem your work is stellar, and I just wish I could be without my car for 2-3 days to let you work on it.
      02-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Highly recommend FMINUS as well!!!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Blue55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

FMINUS has zero contact information on the web. I can send him a PM, but it seems a poor way to stay in business. Since he's highly recommended I'd love to get him to work on my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Another great option is Eric from www.enviousautodetailing.com, he does amazing work as well. You can view some of his work and detailing articles here as well - http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...eric-schuster/. Shoot him an e-mail and he should get back to you shortly.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
FMINUS has zero contact information on the web. I can send him a PM, but it seems a poor way to stay in business. Since he's highly recommended I'd love to get him to work on my car.
Some really good detail guys can only be found by word-of-mouth. The person I use has been in business for over 25 years, and is always super busy. The sign in his window consists of an 8.5X11 piece of paper taped to the window with the business name and phone number written with a Sharpie pen.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Blue55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

I got in touch with FMINUS and scheduled an appointment. He's definitely not cheap but it seems he's pretty good based on the recommendations.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue55 View Post
I got in touch with FMINUS and scheduled an appointment. He's definitely not cheap but it seems he's pretty good based on the recommendations.
How much? Less than a grand I hope...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
Greg Nichols
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: CAR

Okay thread followers........

Eric from Envious Detailing is who you need to search out.......http://www.enviousautodetailing.com/

Cheers,
GREG
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
How much? Less than a grand I hope...
Most pro's charge a flat hourly rate, so it really depends on the condition of your vehicle and what you want done. This is also why it's so important to take proper care of the car after: major correction work should only be needed once. After that, any polishing should be simple and only 1 or two steps at the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
Okay thread followers........

Eric from Envious Detailing is who you need to search out.......http://www.enviousautodetailing.com/

Cheers,
GREG
Can't support this enough. Eric's the guy I'd let work on my own car if I was in SoCal.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Another vote for Eric. He has detailed three of my cars.
Appreciate 0