BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
Turbmando
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

M3 front control arms and alignment pin

Recently had the m3 front control arms installed and pins pulled to max my negative camber to an equal setting left to right.

Final Results:
Left ( driver's side): - 1.4 deg. Strut tower studs maxed out in slots
Right( passenger's side): -1.5 deg. Strut tower studs in middle of slots if not slightly pushing camber positive

Has anyone else seen this type of variation in stud location vs. camber value? I know there will be variation from side to side and car to car.

Just want to make sure the alignment was done correctly. The right side seems to rub more on the fender, but that could be a coincidence based on impact/bump size.

Last edited by Turbmando; 05-12-2015 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
I swear I had issues like that before but my camber was more uneven than yours. But I swear I had more camber on the side that was practically was still positioned where the pin came out. I couldn't break the nuts to mess with it myself so I showed my mechanic my issue. Somehow I'm dead on -1.5 both side so I'm happy, and you should be too. I'll try to look at if if I get a chance and get back to you
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
SalemChiro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbmando View Post
Recently had the m3 front control arms installed and pins pulled to max my negative camber to an equal setting left to right.

Final Results:
Left ( driver's side): - 1.4 deg. Strut tower studs maxed out in slots
Right( passenger's side): -1.5 deg. Strut tower studs in middle of slots if not slightly pushing camber positive

Has anyone else seen this type of variation in stud location vs. camber value? I know there will be variation from side to side and car to car.

Just want to make sure the alignment was done correctly. The right side seems to rub more on the fender, but that could be a coincidence based on impact/bump size.

I have the same issue but was only able to get -.98 deg. evenly on both sides.

Any ideas why this happened???
Appreciate 0