BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
larry lawless
excellence
1

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2007


Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to larry lawless
NEW SPY SHOTS OF 135i CABRIO (6/20/2007)

Here are some new pics of what i think is the 135i cabrio testing @ the ring (i don't know if these where posted already or not but i don't think they where).





























ENJOY!:roundel:
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
30

 
SCA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN


Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Nice find! I wonder why BMW AG still has the camo on the convertible when the coupe has been driving around with only the rear camo'ed?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
c4r_dr1v3r
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: Alfa Romeo 156 /Citroen Mehari
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Coventry / Lisbon


Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Some photos with less camo of the cabrio:

http://www.infomotori.co.uk/a_8_EN_20257_2.html
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
30

 
SCA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN


Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4r_dr1v3r View Post
Some photos with less camo of the cabrio:

http://www.infomotori.co.uk/a_8_EN_20257_2.html

:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
10

 
Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arizona


Posts: 1,071
iTrader: (0)

For a car that is supposed to debut with the 1er Coupe, it is heavily camo'd, especially in comparison to the recent 135i Coupe pics. I'd still take the coupe every day of the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #6
BForbes
Moderator
Bahamas
42

 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL


Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
For a car that is supposed to debut with the 1er Coupe, it is heavily camo'd, especially in comparison to the recent 135i Coupe pics. I'd still take the coupe every day of the week.
X2
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
31

 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE


Posts: 3,185
iTrader: (0)

The Coupe and Cabrio will debut at the same time for North America next spring.
In Europe the Coupe comes first with the media release (not drive) scheduled for late October , early November.

The reason why you seen Cabrio shots first instead of the Coupe until early this year is simple. As the cars all share the same floorplan which means most early 3dr shots would be running the mechanicals of the Coupe and Cabrio, indeed after the initial launch of the 5dr hatch in 2004 , people wondered why there were disguised hatches still running about when the answer was not what is on the outside but what is in the inside which counts.

Most of the developemnt work for the Coupe was indeed trialed with the 3dr and Cabrio models , hence the late arrival of late development Coupe bodyshells.
Indeed many Cabrio's and Coupes wearing cladding and disguise will be seen in the next few months, again it's not on the outside which counts but what is on the inside....

Something which begins with the letter M....
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
hoefx
New Member
0

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jun 2007


Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The Coupe and Cabrio will debut at the same time for North America next spring.
In Europe the Coupe comes first with the media release (not drive) scheduled for late October , early November.

The reason why you seen Cabrio shots first instead of the Coupe until early this year is simple. As the cars all share the same floorplan which means most early 3dr shots would be running the mechanicals of the Coupe and Cabrio, indeed after the initial launch of the 5dr hatch in 2004 , people wondered why there were disguised hatches still running about when the answer was not what is on the outside but what is in the inside which counts.

Most of the developemnt work for the Coupe was indeed trialed with the 3dr and Cabrio models , hence the late arrival of late development Coupe bodyshells.
Indeed many Cabrio's and Coupes wearing cladding and disguise will be seen in the next few months, again it's not on the outside which counts but what is on the inside....

Something which begins with the letter M....
I honestly can't take this anymore. I am going to have to stop reading these posts everyday. :frown:
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #9
eMINI
Private First Class
1

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2007


Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoefx View Post
I honestly can't take this anymore. I am going to have to stop reading these posts everyday. :frown:
I don't think you can stop.:wink:
__________________
2010 135i Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Red Leather | Poplar Grey Wood Trim | 6MT | Premium pack | M Sport pack | Heated Seats | HK Premium sound | USB | Smartphone integration | Automatic high beams
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #10
spudw
Major
Canada
13

 
spudw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 128i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa


Posts: 1,306
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoefx View Post
I honestly can't take this anymore. I am going to have to stop reading these posts everyday. :frown:
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem :smile:
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
BForbes
Moderator
Bahamas
42

 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL


Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Meth must feel like this. The highest highs and lowest lows.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #12
02cruzer
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jun 2007


Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Z4 tail lights

Doesn't it look like it has Z4 style tail lights, could that actually be the Z2?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 04:27 PM   #13
BForbes
Moderator
Bahamas
42

 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL


Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Looking at these pictures is like starting from scratch.(which sucks big time) Its like we went waaay back in time to the very first credible spy shots we ever had of the 2dr 1er. But I guess in the end, some spy shots is better than no spy shots.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
larry lawless
excellence
1

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2007


Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to larry lawless
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Looking at these pictures is like starting from scratch.(which sucks big time) Its like we went waaay back in time to the very first credible spy shots we ever had of the 2dr 1er. But I guess in the end, some spy shots is better than no spy shots.
Yeah thats what i first thought when i first saw these pics, but then i was like might as well post these anyway!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #15
larry lawless
excellence
1

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2007


Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to larry lawless
But like it was said before somewhere they could be testing something else thats one this car that has nothing to do with the normal coupe or convertible. The camo could be there just to take our attention off some other part of the car they are trying to test. Because when you think about it the first spy shot was of the cabrio and then we started seeing the coupe and the coupe started getting most of the shine and went through all of its undressing until now where there is just some make-up left on. Yeah and true there where some cabrio shots in the mix but it was almost all the time in a fat suit. Which leads me to believe there is something more going on with this car. And that fat suit is just a distraction! Think about it the cabrio was seen first running around the ring then came the video of it, then came coupe spy shots on the ring. But the shot of cabrio had to be the 128i, because in the pics you can tell it doesn't have the m front end or rear. But when the coupe was spotted it was the 135i with the m-pkg. So now we have these spy-shots of the cabrio which has to be 135i with the m-pkg and its still got that really fat, fat suit on, and there where a lot of people saying that there wouldn't be a 135i cabrio and definitely not one with the m-pkg because it would be way to expensive. But this is clearly that. So we gotta ask what is this car really doing on ring now at this point in time so late in the game when the coupe is practically 90% done with its strip-tease.
Or am i thinking to hard on this subject i don't know.
??????????
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
PierrePHRWEAUX
Private
0

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jun 2007


Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Obviously, you are thinking very hard. hahahah
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #17
BForbes
Moderator
Bahamas
42

 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL


Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry lawless View Post
Yeah thats what i first thought when i first saw these pics, but then i was like might as well post these anyway!
Thanks Larry
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #18
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
30

 
SCA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN


Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Obviously we are not going to know any concrete info or see any official pics until Sept. (L.A. Auto Show) at the earliest. We are just going to be teased until then.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST