BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #45
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
311
Rep
3,236
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

I am driving the car tomorrow... when asking what can I expect from the Coupe from the compact I am told that the Coupe has a more rigid structure that helps with the agility and balance. Aluminium features in the external components of the Coupe in areas like the suspension, He also mentioned that the Coupe is not projected at families and is more of the dynamic sporty projection of the 1er family Due to some tweaking of the chassis and suspension.

He also mentioned the rear axle is positioned differently in the Coupe which maintains 50/50 weight distribution and offers an exciting premonition of the further "performance plans" of the Coupe . This is when BMW board members drove the car and they all agreed in chorus - M Power variant needed...



Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #46
Brookside
Major
Brookside's Avatar
48
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KCMO

iTrader: (0)

Happy Motoring Scott! :roundel:


What is truly amazing to me is the "hands on" feedback of BMW's board.
To me a big part of the reason BMW is so good is because the Quandt's know what they're doing and continue to make the correct decisions.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #47
Wiggum
Future N54 Owner...
3
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I am driving the car tomorrow... when asking what can I expect from the Coupe from the compact I am told that the Coupe has a more rigid structure that helps with the agility and balance. Aluminium features in the external components of the Coupe in areas like the suspension, He also mentioned that the Coupe is not projected at families and is more of the dynamic sporty projection of the 1er family Due to some tweaking of the chassis and suspension.

He also mentioned the rear axle is positioned differently in the Coupe which maintains 50/50 weight distribution and offers an exciting premonition of the further "performance plans" of the Coupe . This is when BMW board members drove the car and they all agreed in chorus - M Power variant needed...

Am I the only one waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more? I check this forum every hour for your feedback from today. I know it's probably 8PM there already...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #48
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Happy Motoring Scott! :roundel:


What is truly amazing to me is the "hands on" feedback of BMW's board.
To me a big part of the reason BMW is so good is because the Quandt's know what they're doing and continue to make the correct decisions.
Oh yeah, these Quandts know exactly what there doing. I've heard so much bad-talk about Bangle yet they still keep him around. Quandt-Bangle FTW!!!
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #49
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggum View Post
Am I the only one waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more? I check this forum every hour for your feedback from today. I know it's probably 8PM there already...
No worries, your not alone....
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #50
Wiggum
Future N54 Owner...
3
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2007

iTrader: (0)

White (or the blue BMW uses is beautiful) 135i... Saddle Brown Leather, Aluminum Trim...

I need it... and I need an update
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #51
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggum View Post
White (or the blue BMW uses is beautiful) 135i... Saddle Brown Leather, Aluminum Trim...

I need it... and I need an update
Thats hilarious! That exactly what I want. I'll even get it through euro-delivery if possible.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #52
Brookside
Major
Brookside's Avatar
48
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KCMO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Thats hilarious! That exactly what I want. I'll even get it through euro-delivery if possible.


Hey 2k, Leipzig is like the hot-spot city in Germany right now with lots of clubs, Berlin 50 miles away, and the BMW factory that's putting out the 1-er.
That's where I'd go for European delivery if it could be arranged.:roundel:

It's sort of funny, this final wait, because we pretty much know what the car will look like. But I'm really curious now to see what exactly we'll get
in powerplant selections- what will be released here in N/A first; coupe or cab. Is it a "1"or a "2", has the interior been upgraded from the Euro hatch 1-er?
Wheels, colors and of course...price.

In the meantime, while you guys are biting your nails, go vote on my "Eccentric Soul" thread in the Other Topics forum.
:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #53
ZweierCoupe
Private
3
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2007

iTrader: (0)

Bright Orange Again

While you guys are wating for an update, here's some more speculation to spread, namely about a possible exterior color. Recall, somebody mentioned a while back that the E82 would get a choice of special colors not available on other BMW models. Since the coupé is supposed to be juxtaposed against the 2002, so as to proclaim, in a sense, that the company has (finally) re-discovered its roots and therefore relatively affordable small car performance is back again in a rear wheel drive vehicle, what better way could there be to "drive home" this comparison with the 2002 than to cover the new 2-coupé in a very racy bright-orange color?

In January 2006 BMW rebuilt the legendary 2002 from scratch, almost entirely from spare parts, and passed it through the official technical inspection facility (TÜV) for its roadworthiness certification. A bunch of reporters and camera people were there to document the event. Of course this 2002 was painted in bright orange! And in case you missed it, earlier in this thread the old-new juxtaposition photos from AutoBild also show the orange 2002. In case you might think that such bright pop colors aren't "in" any more (three quarters of BMWs come in either black, silver, or gray), take a look at the car configurator at the German Porsche web site and go to either of the Cayman models. You'll see that they offer the choice of RS Orange at a hefty surcharge of a few thousand Euros. It's almost as if though they had heard rumors, as it were, of BMW planning to offer their E82 in the bright orange of the 2002 and decided to beat them to it. At least now that Porsche offers it (regardless whether BMW had actually planned to offer this color or not), there ought to be no hesitation on the part of BMW, whether this is too risky a choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #54
Wiggum
Future N54 Owner...
3
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Thats hilarious! That exactly what I want. I'll even get it through euro-delivery if possible.
How does BMW work as far as different delivery options? I'm not that informed on the German automakers...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #55
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggum View Post
How does BMW work as far as different delivery options? I'm not that informed on the German automakers...
This article is very informative. Check it out and let me kno what you think.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115580
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #56
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Ahh thanks Brookside, I have another confirmed friend to fly with me so we should definitely have a great time. It would be cool to have 4-5 people tagging along from different parts of the country. I'm sure I can find a few more.

Btw, I wish i could vote more than once. I'm listening to 3 things on there. I voted anyway.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #57
SCA
Brigadier General
SCA's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,019
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]


Wow! :eyebulge: It really looks great! Can't wait for the press release. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #58
Wiggum
Future N54 Owner...
3
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2007

iTrader: (0)

How does Euro-Delivery affect US titling and US warranty?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #59
ZweierCoupe
Private
3
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2007

iTrader: (0)

Pick'er Up at BMW Welt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggum View Post
How does BMW work as far as different delivery options?
The best option will be to pick it up at the BMW Welt facilty, across from the Olympic stadium and BMW headquarters. BMW Welt is still under construction, and the latest scheduled opening date is toward the end of October, a few weeks after the Oktoberfest. You can take a factory tour and see them build the engines, along with the 4-door 3-series sedans and touring ("station wagon" models.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #60
Brookside
Major
Brookside's Avatar
48
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KCMO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Ahh thanks Brookside, I have another confirmed friend to fly with me so we should definitely have a great time. It would be cool to have 4-5 people tagging along from different parts of the country. I'm sure I can find a few more.

Btw, I wish i could vote more than once. I'm listening to 3 things on there. I voted anyway.
When are you going to go? I think everyone would love to be able to pick their 1-er up at the factory and spin around Europe.

And Zweier, isn't there going to bea sort of burnt orange color offered? The Mojave car had that color. Not quite orange- more of a red-gold color.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #61
Wiggum
Future N54 Owner...
3
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2007

iTrader: (0)

This evening is miserable, the wife is watching crap on TV and there are no pictures or 135 driving impressions...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 12:31 AM   #62
larry lawless
excellence
2
Rep
188
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2007

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to larry lawless
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Ahh thanks Brookside, I have another confirmed friend to fly with me so we should definitely have a great time. It would be cool to have 4-5 people tagging along from different parts of the country. I'm sure I can find a few more.

Btw, I wish i could vote more than once. I'm listening to 3 things on there. I voted anyway.


I am definitely down to have a great time driving around in Germany, the last refuse for the speed freaks, especially with others all driving 135i. just enjoying driving :drinking::roundel::drinking:
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #63
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
When are you going to go? I think everyone would love to be able to pick their 1-er up at the factory and spin around Europe.

And Zweier, isn't there going to bea sort of burnt orange color offered? The Mojave car had that color. Not quite orange- more of a red-gold color.
I really havent decided yey. But I'm going to make a list of everyone that interested and try to put together a date thats highly do-able and get some feedback.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #64
Brookside
Major
Brookside's Avatar
48
Rep
1,105
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KCMO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
I really havent decided yey. But I'm going to make a list of everyone that interested and try to put together a date thats highly do-able and get some feedback.
You ought to start a dedicated thread, 2k. I'll bet you'd get some valuable feedback.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #65
BForbes
Moderator
BForbes's Avatar
Bahamas
164
Rep
4,243
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
You ought to start a dedicated thread, 2k. I'll bet you'd get some valuable feedback.
Once the car is unveiled I think I will. I have a feeling in my gut that the front page of the C&D magazine might have further delayed the PR of the 1er. I mean not a lot of people knew about the car, and its now on the front cover of a very popular magazine.(On many doorsteps, and thousands of magazine stands) The powers that be at BMW could have decided hey, lets wait to build up some serious hype.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #66
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
SCOTT26's Avatar
311
Rep
3,236
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Innovation , Precision and Passion only emerge from the greatest development process.......Imagination.

Defy the Conventionial..... The new BMW 123d.*

*Engine of the year 2008 - Wooooooooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

And the Coupe?... well the gauntlet is down. If anyone can Improve how you make small performance compact Coupes that dont actually contravene to the rules that it has to be like this and have enough space for... and give a distinct advantage of being individual. Whether that constitutes an unfair advantage to the competition is something I am afraid is down to your conscience.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST