BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

View Poll Results: Will the 128i cost more or less than the TSX?
More than the TSX 32 76.19%
Less than the TSX 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
SmoothStyle1
First Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC, USA

iTrader: (0)

128i: Will it cost more or less than a TSX?

Acura TSX has a base price of $28K. For about $30.5K you can get one fully loaded with navigation and other bells and whistles. As most of you know, the TSX is a FWD with a 4 cylinder engine, so performance wise, it will be inferior to the 128i.

Do you think the base 128i will come in higher or lower than the TSX?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
jbbrann
Private
0
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AR USA

iTrader: (0)

128 will probably be more, especially when comparably equipped. A new TSX is due out for '09 so that may change.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
Smokey
Lucky Lefty
Smokey's Avatar
10
Rep
718
Posts

 
Drives: on twisty roads
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: *

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 M3  [5.00]
2013 bmw F25 msport  [5.00]
2011 335iS  [4.80]
Official pricing is supposed to happen next month. But expect to pay more for the 128i and if you are interested in "navigation and other bells and whistles," you might be looking at over 30 grand.
__________________

The Power of M
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
AngPogi
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (0)

The all new 08 Acura TSX may be out by second quarter of 2008. I believe it may have about 260 hp and may or may not have SH-AWD on the S model (maybe they will put it first on all new TL which will come out next year around this time). I have been checking out TOV.com for recent updates for both cars. Still undecided whether to get the 128i/TSX OR 135i/TL. I'm still waiting for how the new Acuras will look.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
Garrett
Banned
16
Rep
1,356
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 330ci
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStyle1 View Post
Acura TSX has a base price of $28K. For about $30.5K you can get one fully loaded with navigation and other bells and whistles. As most of you know, the TSX is a FWD with a 4 cylinder engine, so performance wise, it will be inferior to the 128i.

Do you think the base 128i will come in higher or lower than the TSX?


the TSX is a 4-DOOR......!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
alex2364
Captain
alex2364's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
708
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
the TSX is a 4-DOOR......!
Doesn't mean we can't compare the two cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #7
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: Acura TL
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
the TSX is a 4-DOOR......!
OK... and your point is?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
Garrett
Banned
16
Rep
1,356
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 330ci
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeam81 View Post
OK... and your point is?

I guess you view the world differently...! I don't consider sedans as sporty and are definitely not a true blown top of the line of that model. Coupe are!

Secondly, if your looking at buying a coupe, how can you consider a 4-door..? How can that not matter to you or how can you interchange them as a criteria in looking to buy a car.

I guess to some people, they have no choice and don't care because its a compromise of having kids and a Family and need a 4-door, but Sedans are typically cheaper and less sporty. And quite embarrasing if your young...!






-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #9
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: Acura TL
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I guess you view the world differently...! I don't consider sedans as sporty and are definitely not a true blown top of the line of that model. Coupe are!

Secondly, if your looking at buying a coupe, how can you consider a 4-door..? How can that not matter to you or how can you interchange them as a criteria in looking to buy a car.

I guess to some people, they have no choice and don't care because its a compromise of having kids and a Family and need a 4-door, but Sedans are typically cheaper and less sporty. And quite embarrasing if your young...!






-Garrett
Sorry about being so short (and a little snide) before, but it's really about choice and the fact that people do view the world differently. Thankfully the world is not made up of a bunch of clones. How incredibly boring would that be?

I love coupes, but currently drive a 4 door because I have two young daughters. Unfortunately, car seats and 2 doors are a bad combination. Hopefully, I'll just be using the 1er on weekends and reserve my "Grandpa" car for the weekdays.

I'm not sure about the embarassing comment. I guess that I don't buy into the "Car makes the man" thing, but maybe I'm just showing my age. Obviously YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #10
SmoothStyle1
First Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I guess to some people, they have no choice and don't care because its a compromise of having kids and a Family and need a 4-door, but Sedans are typically cheaper and less sporty. And quite embarrasing if your young...!
I guess with that logic you wouldn't be caught dead in an M5. Man, how embarrassing would that be!?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #11
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
takrdown's Avatar
7
Rep
404
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hartford, CT

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStyle1 View Post
I guess with that logic you wouldn't be caught dead in an M5. Man, how embarrassing would that be!?
Touche my friend....touche.

All kidding aside, I currently own a TSX and I enjoy it greatly. It's been fun, has great gas mileage, and pretty reliable. I'll be in the market for a new car in a year or two and the 1 series caught my eye.

I guess from my point of view it's not so much having a coupe or sedan, but having a fun car in that price range that is sporty and refined.

The TSX and the 128i will both offer that, obviously the 128i will offer a bit more than a TSX in both of those catagories, but guys like me look at the whole package compared to what you're paying for it.

If Acura introduces a TSX Type S with the RDX 2.3L Turbo and SH-AWD...and at the right price, it'll be a tough choice between a 128i/135i and a TSX Type-S when comparing sportiness to price ratio.

Bottom line, I want to get the most bang for my buck, but damn I do love the 1 series a lot. That's why I'm stressing the 135i price so much. If it's low enough, it'll be a no brainer for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #12
Garrett
Banned
16
Rep
1,356
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 330ci
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStyle1 View Post
I guess with that logic you wouldn't be caught dead in an M5. Man, how embarrassing would that be!?

Thats why there is an M6 ..! For thsoe people who don't have kids and are SINGLE.

4-door = your taken. Your a father and have a family.

It's embarrasing to drive around in a 4-door when your single, because why would you need 4 doors..? You have no kids, no need.

Sedans are typically cheaper version of the coupes. More subtle and not as youthful. So, yes I find it embarrasing when driving a friends 4-door or my moms CTS.

Sedans(4doors) are perfectly fine for those who need them, but if you don't and do own one :iono: = embarrasing!






-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #13
1ster
Large Member
1ster's Avatar
25
Rep
939
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Where is the poll option for "Who cares?"
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 12:53 AM   #14
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: Acura TL
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germantown, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Thats why there is an M6 ..! For thsoe people who don't have kids and are SINGLE.

4-door = your taken. Your a father and have a family.

It's embarrasing to drive around in a 4-door when your single, because why would you need 4 doors..? You have no kids, no need.

Sedans are typically cheaper version of the coupes. More subtle and not as youthful. So, yes I find it embarrasing when driving a friends 4-door or my moms CTS.

Sedans(4doors) are perfectly fine for those who need them, but if you don't and do own one :iono: = embarrasing!






-Garrett
Wow... I kind of thought that you were joking about the 4-door comment.

I really can't remember ever being embarassed by driving a 4-door, but I do find it a little ironic that I only owned coupes or 2 seaters until my mid-40s. :wink:
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #15
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
takrdown's Avatar
7
Rep
404
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hartford, CT

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Thats why there is an M6 ..! For thsoe people who don't have kids and are SINGLE.

4-door = your taken. Your a father and have a family.

It's embarrasing to drive around in a 4-door when your single, because why would you need 4 doors..? You have no kids, no need.

Sedans are typically cheaper version of the coupes. More subtle and not as youthful. So, yes I find it embarrasing when driving a friends 4-door or my moms CTS.

Sedans(4doors) are perfectly fine for those who need them, but if you don't and do own one :iono: = embarrasing!






-Garrett
You're kidding right? I'm 29 and have a wife with no kids. I have no need for a four door. I think this has more to do with how you think other people perceive you than how much YOU enjoy a car. Pretty obvious with that last statement.

I was hoping that a BMW forum would respect other people's opinions, but I think you're walking a fine line there.

And why the heck do you sign all of your posts? The name is to the left.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #16
Garrett
Banned
16
Rep
1,356
Posts

 
Drives: 2004 330ci
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by takrdown View Post
And why the heck do you sign all of your posts? The name is to the left.

I choose to sign my NAME, rather than an outragious pic, or links or some pseudo-fashionable quote..!





-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
takrdown's Avatar
7
Rep
404
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hartford, CT

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I choose to sign my NAME, rather than an outragious pic, or links or some pseudo-fashionable quote..!





-Garrett
I'm going to bow out now before a 15 year old, ricer flame war gets started. I've seen this all before.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #18
SmoothStyle1
First Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by takrdown View Post
Touche my friend....touche.

All kidding aside, I currently own a TSX and I enjoy it greatly. It's been fun, has great gas mileage, and pretty reliable. I'll be in the market for a new car in a year or two and the 1 series caught my eye.

I guess from my point of view it's not so much having a coupe or sedan, but having a fun car in that price range that is sporty and refined.

The TSX and the 128i will both offer that, obviously the 128i will offer a bit more than a TSX in both of those catagories, but guys like me look at the whole package compared to what you're paying for it.

If Acura introduces a TSX Type S with the RDX 2.3L Turbo and SH-AWD...and at the right price, it'll be a tough choice between a 128i/135i and a TSX Type-S when comparing sportiness to price ratio.

Bottom line, I want to get the most bang for my buck, but damn I do love the 1 series a lot. That's why I'm stressing the 135i price so much. If it's low enough, it'll be a no brainer for me.
Word on the street is that Acura will discontinue the RSX next year and that the TSX will be fully redesigned for the 2009 model year. As part of this redesign, they will offer a coupe version to fill the void from the loss of the RSX and to address the overall void in available Acura coupes since the CL.

In addition, all indications are that the TSX coupe will offer SH-AWD in a Type-S version and quite possibly for the base.

If these rumors are true, and the 2009 TSX coupe arrives sometime next summer, I would probably opt to get it over a 1-series. As a current Acura owner, I can testify first hand to both the reliability and fun-to-drive nature of the brand.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #19
mts261
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStyle1 View Post
Word on the street is that Acura will discontinue the RSX next year and that the TSX will be fully redesigned for the 2009 model year.

This isn't word on the street... it's old news man.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-rs...pe-coming.html
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #20
SmoothStyle1
First Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts261 View Post
This isn't word on the street... it's old news man.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-rs...pe-coming.html
Maybe so, but its still a "word on the street" about the TSX coupe having SH-AWD and the potential of a Type-S version.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #21
mts261
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStyle1 View Post
Maybe so, but its still a "word on the street" about the TSX coupe having SH-AWD and the potential of a Type-S version.
Sure... I guess I was just focusing on the fact that they aren't talking about discontinuing the RSX next year, it already was discontinued this year.

I, for one, would be thrilled to see a TSX coupe type-S with AWD.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 07:58 AM   #22
SmoothStyle1
First Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
318
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan, 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts261 View Post
Sure... I guess I was just focusing on the fact that they aren't talking about discontinuing the RSX next year, it already was discontinued this year.

I, for one, would be thrilled to see a TSX coupe type-S with AWD.
I concur, if a TSX Type-S coupe with SH-AWD is in the works for next summer, sign me up.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST