BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #221
Qunadry
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure what you mean by production code. My CA gave me a prodution number when I placed my order and a VIN after the car was manufactured. He did a great job of keeping me informed at each step of the process up to delivery today.

Last edited by Qunadry; 04-19-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Qunadry is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #222
JustinSane
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 128i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qunadry View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by production code. My CA gave me a prodution number when I placed my order and a VIN after the car was manufactured. He did a great job of keeping me informed at each step of the process up to delivery today.
I meant these - the ones that tell you the status of the order:

ORDER PRODUCTION CODES

0 - Order deleted by NA
17 - Order not Specified
37 - Order is at BMW NA
87 - Production Week Assigned
97 - Order sent to AG
100 - Order deleted by AG
101 - Error in data transmitted
102 - Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 - Order out of Prod. Period
111 - Order Accepted at AG
112 - Order scheduled for Production
150 - Production Started
151 - Body Shop Started
152 - Paint Shop Started
153 - Assembly Started
155 - Production Completed
160 - Released to Distribution
168 - AG Stock
170 - Waiting Workshop
172 - Planned for Workshop
174 - Workshop Entry
176 - Workshop Complete
180 - Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 - Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 - AG Load No. -- Released to Carrier
190 - Dispatched ex(port?) BMW AG
191 - Returned to BMW AG (ack doesn't sound good!)
193 - Arrived at Port of Exit
194 - Selected for Shipment
195 - Shipped from Port of Exit
196 - Shipment Arrival -- ATA
JustinSane is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #223
Qunadry
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure hiow to find the production codes. Have you checked with your cilent advisor (CA) at the dealer?
Qunadry is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #224
ejm3
Captain
 
Drives: 135 Convertible 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 629
iTrader: (0)

I think when you call the 800 number and speak to a representative they can give you the production code.
__________________
2012 135 Convertible
2010 Lexus RX350
ejm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #225
thepriceisright
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Richmond, VA

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

So my car was finished Friday and moved to "awaiting carrier assignment", today it moved back to "production is scheduled to complete April 20th".

Is that normal?
thepriceisright is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #226
thepriceisright
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Richmond, VA

Posts: 103
iTrader: (0)

Ok, it update to "being transported to port of exit".

So impatient!
thepriceisright is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #227
NickZ135i
Registered
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i JB/CR
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Western NY

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Mine has been on the exact same schedule, except it was finished on the 19th. I'm located in Western NY so they'll probably be on the same boat. I'm impatient as well but with this weather it's not so bad....
NickZ135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #228
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

It is somewhat nice that BMW offers a tracking service. However it does not win any prizes in my eyes. Sometimes the 800, Customer Service Rep, and OC are different. For me this tracking is just a tease. As reported I have been sitting on the dock for 3 weeks and no ship, according to my CA, has been assigned. I say if you are going to do something do it right or do not do it at all. Go ahead slam me, I probably deserve it.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #229
achtungE30
I can has my 135i!
 
achtungE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135, '08 X3, '87 e30s52
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 3,060
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135is  [4.75]
2010 Cooper S  [5.00]
1991 318is  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to achtungE30
Its great to see that after 4 years, there's still some excitement and anticipation to ordering and waiting for a 128i / 135i !!
__________________
Best,
Frank
My 2008 135i Euro Delivery Thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219422
May 2011 Self-Photoshoot Part 1: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529573
JB4 G4 | AA DP | BMW PE | BMW SSK | KW V2 | Work
achtungE30 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #230
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
Its great to see that after 4 years, there's still some excitement and anticipation to ordering and waiting for a 128i / 135i !!
Personally I think some underestimate these fine models.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #231
predator19872
Frequent Member
 
predator19872's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to predator19872 Send a message via Skype™ to predator19872
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
Its great to see that after 4 years, there's still some excitement and anticipation to ordering and waiting for a 128i / 135i !!
Oh hell yeah. I remember reading about this series in a mag article back in 2007 and saying to my 20 year old self at the time, I'm going to get one of those one day. Now 2012, it's finally happening for me. So yeah I'm stoked, and anticipating the hell out of getting my 1er.
__________________
My other "CAR" is a M1A2 Abrams... Tankers Rule!!!
predator19872 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #232
JustinSane
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 128i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

As of this morning, the OC still says my car is at the 'Production Ends' stage. However, by going on the shipping website and entering my VIN, I found out that my car was loaded onto a ship this morning!

Only problem is, it seems that the tracking site (vesseltracker.com) won't give me the location of the ship. I registered with the free account, but the map on the site says "The current position is only available for "Coastal Account" and "Global Account" - which are premium accounts which charge $$$. Should I still be able to locate my ship with the free account?
JustinSane is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #233
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
As of this morning, the OC still says my car is at the 'Production Ends' stage. However, by going on the shipping website and entering my VIN, I found out that my car was loaded onto a ship this morning!

Only problem is, it seems that the tracking site (vesseltracker.com) won't give me the location of the ship. I registered with the free account, but the map on the site says "The current position is only available for "Coastal Account" and "Global Account" - which are premium accounts which charge $$$. Should I still be able to locate my ship with the free account?
Where did you enter your VIN??
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #234
predator19872
Frequent Member
 
predator19872's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to predator19872 Send a message via Skype™ to predator19872
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
As of this morning, the OC still says my car is at the 'Production Ends' stage. However, by going on the shipping website and entering my VIN, I found out that my car was loaded onto a ship this morning!

Only problem is, it seems that the tracking site (vesseltracker.com) won't give me the location of the ship. I registered with the free account, but the map on the site says "The current position is only available for "Coastal Account" and "Global Account" - which are premium accounts which charge $$$. Should I still be able to locate my ship with the free account?
Hey Justin, use this site http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...m=2&level1=140, its completely free it's what I've been using to track mine. You just need to know your vessel name. If you put it into the left side search it will see if your vessel is in range, if not use the top right search for you vessel and it will give you the last trace to it.
__________________
My other "CAR" is a M1A2 Abrams... Tankers Rule!!!
predator19872 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #235
predator19872
Frequent Member
 
predator19872's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to predator19872 Send a message via Skype™ to predator19872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochermit View Post
Where did you enter your VIN??
do you know if yours will be going East or West coast? You seem to be smack dab in the middle of the country.
__________________
My other "CAR" is a M1A2 Abrams... Tankers Rule!!!
predator19872 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #236
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator19872 View Post
do you know if yours will be going East or West coast? You seem to be smack dab in the middle of the country.
From what I can get from my CA it should be delivered in Brunswick, GA.

Is yours going to the West coast?
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #237
predator19872
Frequent Member
 
predator19872's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to predator19872 Send a message via Skype™ to predator19872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochermit View Post
From what I can get from my CA it should be delivered in Brunswick, GA.

Is yours going to the West coast?
Yeah, mine should be arriving at Port Hueneme, CA on the 3rd of May. Then I have to wait for it to go through customs and get shipped to Colorado Springs, CO. Hopefully it will be there about the same time I arrive. But the shipping site I used to track was that same one I told you about a week or so ago, with W&W. Then the ship tracking site I posted a few posts up^.
__________________
My other "CAR" is a M1A2 Abrams... Tankers Rule!!!
predator19872 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #238
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator19872 View Post
Yeah, mine should be arriving at Port Hueneme, CA on the 3rd of May. Then I have to wait for it to go through customs and get shipped to Colorado Springs, CO. Hopefully it will be there about the same time I arrive. But the shipping site I used to track was that same one I told you about a week or so ago, with W&W. Then the ship tracking site I posted a few posts up^.
I entered my VIN into the WW web site but it did not respond with any results. That tells me it is not on one of their ships. My CA is new to this and she is trying but still has not provided much. I will wait a few more days and then contact the service mgr. and see what he/she has listed as far as delivery is concerned.

Hopefully you and your prize arrive at the same time.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #239
JustinSane
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 128i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator19872 View Post
Hey Justin, use this site http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...m=2&level1=140, its completely free it's what I've been using to track mine. You just need to know your vessel name. If you put it into the left side search it will see if your vessel is in range, if not use the top right search for you vessel and it will give you the last trace to it.
Great! Thanks Predator I'll give it a try.
JustinSane is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #240
predator19872
Frequent Member
 
predator19872's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to predator19872 Send a message via Skype™ to predator19872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochermit View Post
I entered my VIN into the WW web site but it did not respond with any results. That tells me it is not on one of their ships. My CA is new to this and she is trying but still has not provided much. I will wait a few more days and then contact the service mgr. and see what he/she has listed as far as delivery is concerned.

Hopefully you and your prize arrive at the same time.
Try this one too, http://www2.nykline.com/home/index.htm this one might have yours on there. Maybe.
__________________
My other "CAR" is a M1A2 Abrams... Tankers Rule!!!
predator19872 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #241
ejm3
Captain
 
Drives: 135 Convertible 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 629
iTrader: (0)

I thought Kline was for west coast deliveries and WW was east coast.
__________________
2012 135 Convertible
2010 Lexus RX350
ejm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #242
sochermit
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canyon Lake, TX

Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm3 View Post
I thought Kline was for west coast deliveries and WW was east coast.
I believe you are absolutely correct. From what I can gather my car should come into an East coast port.
sochermit is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST