BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #111
Arizona_Steve
Driving 'Mr Car Car'
Arizona_Steve's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgingras View Post
Thought some of you that are tracking your vehicles might be interested in this webcam of the auto-terminal at Bremerhaven:
According to the 1-800 number my 135i is sitting at port waiting for a ship. I'm seeing two ships in port on the webcam - which one of these is headed for the west coast?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #112
smithtravel
Private
2
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (0)

Steve, try putting your VIN (use caps for all letters and don't have any spaces) into these sites:

For East Coast:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

For West Coast:

http://www2.nykline.com/home/index.html

These work for ED delivery, but I don't know if they work for regular orders. In any case, if they work it will tell you which ship your car is on, departure date, route, etc.
__________________
First ED: 335 convertible on June 25, 2008. Second ED: 135 convertible on December 23, 2008. Jet Black, Terracotta Leather, Light Burl Walnut, Step., Premium, Premium Audio, Nav., Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #113
1013mm
aka 1013MM
1013mm's Avatar
Hong Kong
389
Rep
9,545
Posts

 
Drives: pokingly flush
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles / HK

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 135i  [4.13]
Send a message via AIM to 1013mm Send a message via MSN to 1013mm Send a message via Skype™ to 1013mm
for those of you who want to know. the BMW tracking website is late 5 days... Well at least for me it was.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #114
Arizona_Steve
Driving 'Mr Car Car'
Arizona_Steve's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!

As of today, ships from both W&W and NYK left Bremerhaven and are en-route for the US. Plugging my VIN into both websites (thanks smithtravel!) show no sign of my car being aboard either vessel. BMW shows my car as still awaiting transport, and the 1-800 number still has my car sitting at the port.

I'm sincerely hoping that there is a delay in the search engines. If not, it looks like there won't be another ship until the 9th of March, or thereabouts.

This is going to cost me $1,400 if I can't get my car and the financing set up by March 31st (2 free payments by BMW).

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #115
Arizona_Steve
Driving 'Mr Car Car'
Arizona_Steve's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

OK, forget the above. My CA just called back to tell me my car is on the "Madame Butterfly", which is chugging it's way over to the west coast!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #116
Arizona_Steve
Driving 'Mr Car Car'
Arizona_Steve's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
71
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

This seems to be a better site for AIS tracking:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

It's real-time and covers most of the areas of interest.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:20 AM   #117
pi2
Private
pi2's Avatar
Switzerland
1
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: 135i AW
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Geneva

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to pi2
Hi everybody
I'd like to know for people how as bought them car in europe how can they track them?

I leave in switzerland,ordered a 135i 02/02/2009 expected delivery end of March(13 week)my dealer can't provide me more info about the tracking.

sorry for my poor english!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #118
tridens
Delivered :)
United_States
6
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Should I be concerned if the info under "Your 135i Coupe Selected Options:" is partially incorrect? Sometimes when I log on, there's no extra info under this heading, besides the option to see all standard features ... but other times it has a list of things I ordered, but there is an error:

M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters

I ordered a stick shift ...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #119
singular
Captain
singular's Avatar
11
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
Should I be concerned if the info under "Your 135i Coupe Selected Options:" is partially incorrect? Sometimes when I log on, there's no extra info under this heading, besides the option to see all standard features ... but other times it has a list of things I ordered, but there is an error:

M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters

I ordered a stick shift ...
Mine was exactly what I ordered, but I heard others make a similar complaint as you, probably because the dealer modified an existing order to order yours.

Ask the dealer for a copy of the Vehicle Inquiry Report (VIR).
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #120
Blue82
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
Should I be concerned if the info under "Your 135i Coupe Selected Options:" is partially incorrect? Sometimes when I log on, there's no extra info under this heading, besides the option to see all standard features ... but other times it has a list of things I ordered, but there is an error:

M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters

I ordered a stick shift ...
Nearly the same thing happened to me. It said it had a Steptronic when I ordered a stick. It came with a stick.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #121
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
4
Rep
499
Posts

 
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seaford, Vic.

iTrader: (0)

dunno if it has been mentioned in here before, but you don't need the full VIN to track your car on the WW website, you can use % as a wildcard character - e.g. %PT12345 will bring up all cars with PT12345 as the last 7 digits in their VIN.....
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #122
jeremydgreat
Captain
jeremydgreat's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
676
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 JB3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA (Carlsbad to be exact)

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue82 View Post
Nearly the same thing happened to me. It said it had a Steptronic when I ordered a stick. It came with a stick.
Nope, nothing to worry about. This happened on my car as well. It showed some pretty crazy information for the first few weeks and then, when it came off the line, everything looked right. It's in transit now.
__________________
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // JB3 // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #123
Jaguar66
M Power
Jaguar66's Avatar
Cayman Islands
20
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Rafael

iTrader: (3)

!
__________________

Last edited by Jaguar66; 04-14-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #124
RPM90
Major General
105
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
This is reposted from e90post.com:


Once you place your order and give your dealer a deposit, they can then put your configuration into the ordering system and it will give you a production number. If they were able to modify an existing order (for example change color etc.), then your car will initially show up with different options, but it will eventually change.

You can take your Production Number and go online to track your vehicle’s status. Keep in mind that this system is usually a week behind. BMW Owner’s Circle (OC) http://www.bmwusa.com/OwnersCircle/ gives you very little information to simplify the waiting process (and no, we don’t like that, we like detail!) and break the order process into 5 stages:
Thanks for the great info.

I'm wondering if you can give me some info?
This is the first time I've ordered a BMW. I've owned before but not ordered.

After we worked the dealer, my CA put my order into the system with the options I wanted. I know that the status is 112.
He did say he would try and get a May build if possible, but right now it's a June build.

But, where is my "production number"?

All I have is a print out title "vehicle inquiry report"
There's a product number, and right under its shows"order status".
On the right upper side it shows things like "assigned to"
"port loc" , "dest loc"

Do I have the right thing?
Has my 135i actually been ordered?
I don't see anywhere a "production number"

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #125
RPM90
Major General
105
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
This is reposted from e90post.com:


Once you place your order and give your dealer a deposit, they can then put your configuration into the ordering system and it will give you a production number. If they were able to modify an existing order (for example change color etc.), then your car will initially show up with different options, but it will eventually change.

You can take your Production Number and go online to track your vehicle’s status. Keep in mind that this system is usually a week behind. BMW Owner’s Circle (OC) http://www.bmwusa.com/OwnersCircle/ gives you very little information to simplify the waiting process (and no, we don’t like that, we like detail!) and break the order process into 5 stages:
Ok, I can't even log in to OC.
First it says the ID already exists, which is my email address.
But, when I try to retrieve my forgotten password, it says it can't find my ID. It's just going in circles.
I think this has something to do with the fact that I had a BMW account when I leased my 2003 325i. That lease ended in 2006, so I'm guessing my email address is still somewhere in the system.

Ahhhhrjgghhgnh, so now I can't even see where my order is.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday once everyone is back from the holiday.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #126
IndyMike
Lieutenant
IndyMike's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
462
Posts

 
Drives: 11 VO 1 M; 11 328iT; 08 R32
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Thanks for the great info.

I'm wondering if you can give me some info?
This is the first time I've ordered a BMW. I've owned before but not ordered.

After we worked the dealer, my CA put my order into the system with the options I wanted. I know that the status is 112.
He did say he would try and get a May build if possible, but right now it's a June build.

But, where is my "production number"?

All I have is a print out title "vehicle inquiry report"
There's a product number, and right under its shows"order status".
On the right upper side it shows things like "assigned to"
"port loc" , "dest loc"

Do I have the right thing?
Has my 135i actually been ordered?
I don't see anywhere a "production number"

Thanks.
Prod No. is the Production Number
__________________
Earth hear your Maker's voice, your great Redeemer own
Believe, obey, rejoice and worship Him alone
Cast down your pride, your sin deplore and bow before the Crucified.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 07:14 AM   #127
IndyMike
Lieutenant
IndyMike's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
462
Posts

 
Drives: 11 VO 1 M; 11 328iT; 08 R32
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Ok, I can't even log in to OC.
First it says the ID already exists, which is my email address.
But, when I try to retrieve my forgotten password, it says it can't find my ID. It's just going in circles.
I think this has something to do with the fact that I had a BMW account when I leased my 2003 325i. That lease ended in 2006, so I'm guessing my email address is still somewhere in the system.

Ahhhhrjgghhgnh, so now I can't even see where my order is.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday once everyone is back from the holiday.
Ja, the OC can be infuriating at times.

Have you tried creating a new account with your internet service provider and try coming into BMWUSA that way? I know it's a bit convoluted, but it might be worth a shot.

Once you do get in don't be surprised if any of the details are all dorked up. It normally takes a few days for the OC to get it sorted out. If it's not taken care of by the middle of next week I'd say call your CA or BMWNA and ask them to undork it.
__________________
Earth hear your Maker's voice, your great Redeemer own
Believe, obey, rejoice and worship Him alone
Cast down your pride, your sin deplore and bow before the Crucified.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #128
Jaguar66
M Power
Jaguar66's Avatar
Cayman Islands
20
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Rafael

iTrader: (3)

!

Last edited by Jaguar66; 04-14-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #129
RPM90
Major General
105
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Prod No. is the Production Number
DOH!

I don't know why that didn't click when I first saw it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #130
IndyMike
Lieutenant
IndyMike's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
462
Posts

 
Drives: 11 VO 1 M; 11 328iT; 08 R32
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
DOH!

I don't know why that didn't click when I first saw it.

Thanks!
No problem. That's what the board is for.
__________________
Earth hear your Maker's voice, your great Redeemer own
Believe, obey, rejoice and worship Him alone
Cast down your pride, your sin deplore and bow before the Crucified.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #131
RPM90
Major General
105
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
No problem. That's what the board is for.
Guys, I can't get on the OC, no matter what I try.

It says my ID is already in use, but when I try to retrieve my password, the system tells me my ID does not exist.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #132
RPM90
Major General
105
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post

You can take your Production Number and go online to track your vehicle’s status. Keep in mind that this system is usually a week behind. BMW Owner’s Circle (OC) http://www.bmwusa.com/OwnersCircle/ gives you very little information to simplify the waiting process (and no, we don’t like that, we like detail!) and break the order process into 5 stages:

This link doesn't work anymore. It says that the page may be been changed or moved during the site redesign.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST