BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #133
IrvRobinson2
Banned
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo View Post
Irv,
Do you have allocations yet for MY09's? Some posters on here say they have production numbers but I didn't think allocations were out yet.

Thanks.
We had a few available for Sept production,October delivery.....they can be done for ED,but the savings is greater when the cars aren't coming out of our allocation which they currently are....maybe BMW will see the light and release a bunch into the ED allocations...
IrvRobinson2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #134
IrvRobinson2
Banned
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

BMW has announced a limited supply of Coupes and Cabs for ED for the balance of the year.so this is the time for the deals,pick a month (Oct,Nov or Dec ) pick 3 dates and build your car and make a deal.
IrvRobinson2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #135
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
BMW has announced a limited supply of Coupes and Cabs for ED for the balance of the year.so this is the time for the deals,pick a month (Oct,Nov or Dec ) pick 3 dates and build your car and make a deal.
Does that mean that the 1 series isn't coming out of dealer allocations for ED at least for the rest of this year?
BeamerDreamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #136
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i cpe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cleveland

Posts: 1,229
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerDreamer View Post
Does that mean that the 1 series isn't coming out of dealer allocations for ED at least for the rest of this year?
initially it looks like each dealer will only get to extra spots, the rest will come from our allocations
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #137
ska
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

I dont think you know much about ED then....I saved over $4000+ when i did ED 2-3 years ago.

You just have to find a SA that knows what he/she is doing.

Here's the ED INVOICE Pricing for 1 series as of 9/2008

1 key thing is you negotiate with ED INVOICE Price and not ED MSRP.
Is not only the Model price you get discount, you also can get ED INVOICE price on options...etc
lets say I'm getting an ED 135 with Steptronic & Heated seats.....$30460 + $1260 + $455 + $825 (D&H charge) = $33000 (plus a dealer profit of $xxx over ED Invoice)
VS...USA MSRP $35600 + $1325 + $500 + $825 = $38250 .....thats alot of savings

If your sales rep says he'll only sell it @ ED MSRP...walk away asap


Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichd View Post
You do ED for the experience not the savings which are minimal once you figure in the cost of the trip and $9 gas. From what I have read here and other sites, most people are paying full MSRP on ED.
Attached Images
 
ska is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #138
ska
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

i know you work for a dealership, but ED cars doesn't come out of dealers allocation.
I hope you're not misleading people here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
initially it looks like each dealer will only get to extra spots, the rest will come from our allocations
ska is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #139
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
 
mikeo's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '13 X1 sDrive28i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Santa Fe, NM

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
i know you work for a dealership, but ED cars doesn't come out of dealers allocation.
I hope you're not misleading people here
1-series were the exception to that rule until just recently and did come out of dealer allocations for ED sales.
__________________
The Southwest's Premier Automotive Gathering.
mikeo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 06:45 AM   #140
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
 
Drives: to work, mostly.
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
lets say I'm getting an ED 135 with Steptronic & Heated seats.....$30460 + $1260 + $455 + $825 (D&H charge) = $33000 (plus a dealer profit of $xxx over ED Invoice)
VS...USA MSRP $35600 + $1325 + $500 + $825 = $38250 .....thats alot of savings
Plus state sales tax.
jkp1187 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #141
future135i
Private
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Can I order an ED from a dealer on the east coast and pick up the car in my city which is in the west coast after the trip?
future135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #142
drand
Private First Class
 
drand's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oregon

Posts: 169
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by future135i View Post
Can I order an ED from a dealer on the east coast and pick up the car in my city which is in the west coast after the trip?
My understanding is that it can only be delivered to the dealership that ordered it and that you must either pick it up or pay for them to deliver it to you. Maybe Irv can chime in on this.

My question would be why would you want to? Rasmussen, Kuni and BMW of Salem (formerly Delon) all do a decent number of EDs and with the three dealers to work with you a bound to get a good price. I went with BMW of Salem for my ED and had a great experience )and really good pricing) dealing with them.
__________________
135i May 3,2008 ED - Retired
drand is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #143
enigma135
Lieutenant
 
enigma135's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bethesda, MD

Posts: 490
iTrader: (0)

What about ordering from a dealer that isn't near you doing ED then redelivery at the Performance center could that work....or would I still have to deal with a dealer in my area?
enigma135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #144
future135i
Private
 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Why would a dealer sell a ED at invoice? Don't they profit from the ED's as well?
future135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #145
IrvRobinson2
Banned
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma135 View Post
What about ordering from a dealer that isn't near you doing ED then redelivery at the Performance center could that work....or would I still have to deal with a dealer in my area?
you can easily order from any dealer in the country,especially if you're doing a PCD after your ED.It just requires knowledge of the process and the paperwork that's involved,but "what a trip" !
IrvRobinson2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #146
Imola.ZHP
No car payments...
 
Imola.ZHP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mud Island, TN

Posts: 1,957
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Imola.ZHP Send a message via MSN to Imola.ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to Imola.ZHP
^ I think there is one in Atlanta that specializes in ED...
__________________

Marcus
-- 330i ZHP
-- Build Date 03/03/03
Imola.ZHP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #147
enigma135
Lieutenant
 
enigma135's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bethesda, MD

Posts: 490
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Irv, and great website just spent some quality time reading through it
enigma135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #148
Imola.ZHP
No car payments...
 
Imola.ZHP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mud Island, TN

Posts: 1,957
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Imola.ZHP Send a message via MSN to Imola.ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to Imola.ZHP
^ yeah, I noticed. That is all that came to my head, seems like I remember an ED specialist from ATL posting on bimmerforums.com.

Try google'ing to find a specialist closer to you. Or see what the extra charge (if any) would be to have the car shipped to CA as opposed to ATL. My best car buying experience was over the phone. No trade, car was 500 miles away, its easy to stay stern over the phone, a little more difficult when your in their dealership on their turf...

Good luck!
__________________

Marcus
-- 330i ZHP
-- Build Date 03/03/03
Imola.ZHP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #149
AtomiK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 AW 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Broomfield, CO

Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Okay, so I've been hearing the term allocation thrown around a lot in this thread. So I have a quick question, is a dealer's allocation a certain number of cars that they have to sell, or a certain number that they can sell? My understanding is that each dealership has an allocation of cars that they have to sell. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, would a car being in or out of a dealer's allocation affect my chances of negotiating a price? Thanks.
AtomiK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #150
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i cpe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cleveland

Posts: 1,229
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomiK View Post
Okay, so I've been hearing the term allocation thrown around a lot in this thread. So I have a quick question, is a dealer's allocation a certain number of cars that they have to sell, or a certain number that they can sell? My understanding is that each dealership has an allocation of cars that they have to sell. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, would a car being in or out of a dealer's allocation affect my chances of negotiating a price? Thanks.

allocation are simply not yet built cars that are "allocated" to specific dealers. So for example if I have 5 allocations for 135's, then I have 5 135's that I can either custom order , use for ED or will eventually just make to our center as general inventory. Once we use up those allocations, I have to trade with another center to get one to sell.

I think if you use any of the CA's available here on this board, your prcing will be straightforward, no matter where the allocation is coming from.
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #151
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i cpe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cleveland

Posts: 1,229
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma135 View Post
Thanks Irv, and great website just spent some quality time reading through it

agreed, I've gotten some useful information there as well:biggrin:
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #152
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i cpe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cleveland

Posts: 1,229
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imola.zhp View Post
^ yeah, I noticed. That is all that came to my head, seems like I remember an ED specialist from ATL posting on bimmerforums.com.

Try google'ing to find a specialist closer to you. Or see what the extra charge (if any) would be to have the car shipped to CA as opposed to ATL. My best car buying experience was over the phone. No trade, car was 500 miles away, its easy to stay stern over the phone, a little more difficult when your in their dealership on their turf...

Good luck!
You are referring to Adrian, he is a good guy. Also of course you have Irv over in Illinois. And of course I'm available here in Cleveland. I'm sure both those guys have a little more experience than me with ED, but I do ok:wink:
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #153
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
 
Drives: to work, mostly.
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Anyone know what the new European Delivery Invoice price is after the January 1, 2009, price increase?
jkp1187 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #154
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
 
Drives: to work, mostly.
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
Anyone know what the new European Delivery Invoice price is after the January 1, 2009, price increase?
Answered my own question - it has been posted over on Bimmerfest:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=340630
jkp1187 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST