BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
breakfastreatre
Rep
Drives: 135i

Temporary suspension fix: kw comfort or oe msport?

Hey guys,

Purchased a car as a second track/fun car which will see more Motorsports than street driving.

I'm looking to get to the track once before the winter hits, and I'm wondering what my best bet is for a stop gap until next season.

I currently have kw sport comfort coilovers installed. Condition is unknown as they are slammed and rub at every bump

I also have a set of low miles msport shocks, struts and springs I could put in for now.

Would it be worth it to put the msport suspension in for 1 track day or is the kw comfort a better setup even though it's more of a hardpark setup?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
HawkeyeGeoff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed6 BT, 135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastreatre View Post
Hey guys,

Purchased a car as a second track/fun car which will see more Motorsports than street driving.

I'm looking to get to the track once before the winter hits, and I'm wondering what my best bet is for a stop gap until next season.

I currently have kw sport comfort coilovers installed. Condition is unknown as they are slammed and rub at every bump

I also have a set of low miles msport shocks, struts and springs I could put in for now.

Would it be worth it to put the msport suspension in for 1 track day or is the kw comfort a better setup even though it's more of a hardpark setup?
I would raise the KW's up 8/10's as high as they will go in the rear and adjust the fronts so they do not rub as well, go get an alignment and call it a day.

The KW's are still an improvement over the stock suspension and you will have to get an alignment regardless after you swap it over. Just make your life easier and raise it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
ShocknAwe
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

Stock really is garbage imo. Can't believe BMW sold the car like that. Adjust the kw setup, you'll be happy for a while.
      09-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #4
The Wind Breezes
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

It really doesn't matter. If you're fast you'll still be fast. If you're not you'll be slow on a $100k suspension. The KW comforts are probably better than stock btw.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
ShocknAwe
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

With the stock suspension it's not about being slow. It's about not getting punched in the anus by the bump stops going over a seam in the street.