BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2015, 03:09 AM   #1
DR-JEKL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT

FS: VVIVID8 Gloss Carbon Wrap

Hey guys

I'm going to order a 50ft roll of this amazing stuff and will have quite a bit left over.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1140686

That's a pretty damn convincing CF wrap isn't it!

It's manufactured in Germany, and its not like the typical avery, 3M products which are a printed wrap (where the print is in the formation of a cf weave) the vvivid product actually has 3 individual layers hence why it looks like the real deal with a 3d type effect and a high gloss whereas the 3m cf weave has a matte finish:

Price is $90 per metre length (width of roll is 5ft) so to do an interior trim you would need 1metre, to do a roof you would need 2 metres.

If you require a pro to install it please let me know, typical rate for a pro is $300 for the labour FYI to do a roof.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #2
RC01
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Where are u based man?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
DR-JEKL
Colonel
Rep

Apologies I should have stated, the wrap will be getting done in Sydney by carbon demon (the go to guy for top quality work)

He is going to do 5 cars for us at $300 for each roof, or $270 if we help him out and remove the shark fin and prep the roof for vinyl wrap by clay barring the paint.

The tentative date we have is the sunday 5th July (providing the wrap arrives in time, and we have 2 spots left)

If you cant do this date I'm sure we can book in another date for you with carbon demon.

His website:

http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/

https://www.facebook.com/carbon.demon?fref=ts

I'm based in Newcastle NSW, so if there are interstate guys keen I can cut the sheet to length and send some to you.

This DIY is for a E92, I imagine you 1 series guys would be much the same!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=vinyl+diy

I'm really keen to see a VO or a AW 1M with this CF roof wrap!

Cheers

Shane

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 06-24-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
DR-JEKL
Colonel
Rep

Just to clarify as I've had a few PM's regarding what the price is fitted etc

I have 5 metres left and 2 spots left for a carbon demon wrap day.

Carbon demon are offering a wrap day on the Sunday the 5th June.

He's the go to go in Sydney for high quality top work and has offered a great price of $300 for labour, or if you're reasonably handy claybar the roof yourself to prep the paint for vinyl wrapping and remove the sharkfin prior (to save him time) for $270.

So in addition to the cost of the CF wrap, for a roof wrap you will need 2 metres.

Option 1 turn up and let carbon demon do all the work - subtotal = $476 (labour and wrap)

Option 2 prep the roof prior - subtotal = $446

This is a great price as the going rate for a conventional roof wrap is $500 using the much cheaper 3M avery wraps.

1st in best dressed, there is only 2 spots left
Appreciate 0