BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #265
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
where is it going to be, again? I'm never able to confirm these sorta things this far in advance. I usually have no clue whether i'll be free until that week.
Thus far we'll be doing dinner somewhere in or around Royal Oak and then hanging out on Woodward a bit later in the evening. Shawn's hoping for a dyno day, which I can likely line up, but I'm waiting to hear whether or not others would be interested...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #266
XLR8IN
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Clinton Twp., MI

iTrader: (0)

I plan on joining the 8.2 get together, so add me to the list. I talked to BMW USA today and my car is expected to be built by the 26th, so with his estimates he thinks I'll have it by the last week in July. So I'll either be there in my 135i or Ill be ridin shotgut with jtsherri
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #267
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8IN View Post
I plan on joining the 8.2 get together, so add me to the list. I talked to BMW USA today and my car is expected to be built by the 26th, so with his estimates he thinks I'll have it by the last week in July. So I'll either be there in my 135i or Ill be ridin shotgut with jtsherri
My wife's ridin' shotgun, sweetness; however, you're welcome to ride in the back and give me a reach-around...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #268
damian
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
My wife's ridin' shotgun, sweetness; however, you're welcome to ride in the back and give me a reach-around...
are wives invited to this event?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #269
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
are wives invited to this event?
I wasn't planning on discriminating against anyone coming... so long as they show up in a BMW (preferably a 1er). :wink:
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #270
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

My wife will be absent as she couldn't find this anymore boring.....WOOT.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #271
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
My wife will be absent as she couldn't find this anymore boring.....WOOT.
I won't be "forcing" mine to come, but if we just end up doing dinner + Woodward I'll encourage her to show. If we add anything to the agenda I'm guessing she'll pass.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #272
hooner35
Make every day a great 1!
hooner35's Avatar
3
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Motorcity, MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian View Post
btw, keep seeing the black 135i at the health center at rochester road and south blvd. It's there every day. Don't think it's hooner, though.
No, not me. Mine is SGM.
I did see that car couple of times though.

BTW, I am interested in dyno day since I've never done one on my car before.
__________________
1M / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #273
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
So far we have 2-3 interested in the idea of dyno runs.

I confirmed with Jan @ Speed Industry that we'd need 10 people interested in order to make this a full-blown "Dyno Day."

If anyone else is interested please let me know ASAP. I've highlighted those in blue in the first post to denote who would be "in."
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #274
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
So far we have 2-3 interested in the idea of dyno runs.

I confirmed with Jan @ Speed Industry that we'd need 10 people interested in order to make this a full-blown "Dyno Day."

If anyone else is interested please let me know ASAP. I've highlighted those in blue in the first post to denote who would be "in."

1. Shawn DYNO
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #275
XLR8IN
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Clinton Twp., MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
My wife's ridin' shotgun, sweetness; however, you're welcome to ride in the back and give me a reach-around...
Hm. I should keep up to date on these threads I post in.. I should have caught that comment a long time ago..

Ill be optimistic and just assume Ill have the 1 by then.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #276
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8IN View Post
Hm. I should keep up to date on these threads I post in.. I should have caught that comment a long time ago..

Ill be optimistic and just assume Ill have the 1 by then.
The only threads you should worry about on those "other boards" anymore is your "FS" thread for the STi and the ESSO thread. You're a 1er now, son. :roundel:
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #277
ltrudell
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys,
I found out my 128i is finally on a ship that left port in Germany on the 24th. Yea!:biggrin::biggrin:

Lili
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #278
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

^Great news....bring it for 8.2.08. I want to get a ride to see what it's like.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #279
EINS
Fan of European & Performance Center Deliveries!
EINS's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Commerce Township, MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrudell View Post
Hey guys,
I found out my 128i is finally on a ship that left port in Germany on the 24th. Yea!:biggrin::biggrin:

Lili
Awesome news Lili :w00t:

I'll be looking for your sweet ride cruising Commerce in the near future.

-Jeff
__________________
'08 135i SGM Coupe delivered in Munich, Nürburgring tested
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #280
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Congrats, Lili - so glad to hear your baby is finally on its way!

Lookin' forward to 8/2 so we can see all of these fine autos in one place!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #281
coolguy
Lieutenant
United_States
19
Rep
573
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrudell View Post
Hey guys,
I found out my 128i is finally on a ship that left port in Germany on the 24th. Yea!:biggrin::biggrin:

Lili
Congrats:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #282
coolguy
Lieutenant
United_States
19
Rep
573
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Congrats, Lili - so glad to hear your baby is finally on its way!

Lookin' forward to 8/2 so we can see all of these fine autos in one place!
Hi Jason,

Do you notice any increased lag coz of v81 DME?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #283
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Hi Jason,

Do you notice any increased lag coz of v81 DME?
Eh... maybe? I wouldn't consider the car "laggy" by any means, but you need to keep in mind that I didn't have much wheel-time behind any other 1ers to base my opinion off of. I seem to remember it being a little more 'touchy' when I test drove at the dealership, but I was also kinda pumped because I was excited to see how good the STEP was in that car. If I compare to my STi's lag this car is a gift from God in that department! :smile:

One thing to note is that Clayton and I had a short race (on a "closed course" of course :smile and we both had kind of a medium to hard, but smooth launch and we ran door-to-door all the way through first gear... So I'd have to guess the "lag" is virtually the same in both of our cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 05:55 AM   #284
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Eh... maybe? I wouldn't consider the car "laggy" by any means, but you need to keep in mind that I didn't have much wheel-time behind any other 1ers to base my opinion off of. I seem to remember it being a little more 'touchy' when I test drove at the dealership, but I was also kinda pumped because I was excited to see how good the STEP was in that car. If I compare to my STi's lag this car is a gift from God in that department! :smile:

One thing to note is that Clayton and I had a short race (on a "closed course" of course :smile and we both had kind of a medium to hard, but smooth launch and we ran door-to-door all the way through first gear... So I'd have to guess the "lag" is virtually the same in both of our cars.

...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #285
FreeBMW.net
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan, USA

iTrader: (1)

Hey everyone,I think Jason died....

I have called him like 10 times over the past week and left voice mails.....never head back....SMS have not been returned either. I would have hoped his wife would have let us know if he died so we could attend his services.

Anyway...Jason if you are out there call me!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #286
jtsherri
Major
jtsherri's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBMW View Post
Hey everyone,I think Jason died....

I have called him like 10 times over the past week and left voice mails.....never head back....SMS have not been returned either. I would have hoped his wife would have let us know if he died so we could attend his services.

Anyway...Jason if you are out there call me!
You're full of shit... I swear I only got one call and that was while I was in the middle of installing a new suspension on a G8 GT. I do apologize for not giving you a call back though - I got the VM while grabbing some water, but forgot to call back later on. :iono:

I'll try and give you a call during the work day tomorrow.

On another note, I was out cruising today and came across this gem (warning, NON-BMW content is shown below - click for larger versions):













For those that are unfamiliar with the car this is a 2009 Dodge Viper ACR. 0-60 in 3.5 and a sticker of about $100k. It was driven by an engineer ("M" plate probably makes this somewhat obvious) that was somewhat unfriendly, but then again, I have to imagine that he gets TONS of questions driving this thing around. Either way, it was definitely cool to see what up-close and on the street!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST