BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #507
EINS
Fan of European & Performance Center Deliveries!
 
EINS's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Commerce Township, MI

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterdoc View Post
The locals on the e46 forums are putting together a meet on July 18th. I'm going to try to make it. Here's a link to the thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=674727
It would be cool to meet other 1ers but I'm already busy that day

-Jeff
__________________
'08 135i SGM Coupe delivered in Munich, Nürburgring tested
EINS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #508
otterdoc
Mean Little Otter
 
otterdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Detroit

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Picking my new 1 up on Saturday - Question on Extras

Did any of you get a wheel/tire warranty? Has it been worth it?

Erhard wants $998 for a 5-year warranty on wheels/tires.
They also want $9xx for the 3M clearbra.

I know I'm taking a bath on both, probably, but I'm leaning toward getting them both. Thanks for the input!
__________________
2009 135i: M-Sport, Prem, Step, CA, Nav, iPod/USB, LeMans/Beige.
otterdoc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #509
RWD FUN
Enlisted Member
 
RWD FUN's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quick local question. Has anyone been to both Race Rochester and Kart 2 Kart? If so which is better. I've been to Kart 2 Kart, but just wanted to know if Race Rochester had better (faster) karts.
RWD FUN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #510
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD FUN View Post
Quick local question. Has anyone been to both Race Rochester and Kart 2 Kart? If so which is better. I've been to Kart 2 Kart, but just wanted to know if Race Rochester had better (faster) karts.
Both are a riot. I would say both are nearly the same as far as the karts' speed; however, Race Rochester (the smaller of the two tracks) involves drifting to go fast (and man, can you drift those karts!), whereas if you try and drift at Kart 2 Kart it's only going to hurt your time. Both tracks have very technical aspects to them and will require a good driver to lap them quickly & competitively.

You'll probably have equal amounts of fun at either place, but would suggest Race Rochester for a "diverse" group (i.e. people out to goof around and/or drive competitively) and Kart 2 Kart for a group of car buddies out to race that may also be looking to 'trade [a little] paint.'
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #511
RWD FUN
Enlisted Member
 
RWD FUN's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Both are a riot. I would say both are nearly the same as far as the karts' speed; however, Race Rochester (the smaller of the two tracks) involves drifting to go fast (and man, can you drift those karts!), whereas if you try and drift at Kart 2 Kart it's only going to hurt your time. Both tracks have very technical aspects to them and will require a good driver to lap them quickly & competitively.

You'll probably have equal amounts of fun at either place, but would suggest Race Rochester for a "diverse" group (i.e. people out to goof around and/or drive competitively) and Kart 2 Kart for a group of car buddies out to race that may also be looking to 'trade [a little] paint.'
Thanks for the info. The drifting sold me. I think I'll suggest Race Rochester.
RWD FUN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #512
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD FUN View Post
Thanks for the info. The drifting sold me. I think I'll suggest Race Rochester.
Sweet, let me know how you like it!

And we should definitely plan on getting the 1er crew together again this summer and head up there...
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #513
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
So who was the driver of the '09 135i that I [drunkenly] scared the crap out of last night? Do you watch this thread? I know I don't have you in "the list..."

If-so: sorry to just open your door to say, "Hey" - I know Mt. Clemens isn't the greatest place to do something like that! As-stated, I was a bit messed up. I was at my 10-year class reunion, saw your car drive by and couldn't help but stumble over to bug you... Sorry to sound like a total tool too. I *barely* remember it happening!

Disclaimer: the wife was driving the 1er. I'm not a complete idiot.
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #514
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
I've arranged a dyno day with some Subaru buddies @ Speed Industry in Troy (located at Crooks and Maple) on the 24th of October. Will likely start around 9 AM and go 'til we're done. Those that hang for the long haul will probably head out to Kart 2 Kart afterwards.

We still have 2-3 spots open, if anyone wants to see how their 1er will do on the rollers.

It's $70 for 3 pulls ($15 more for wideband). I'd need a $20 deposit (**non-refundable**) or cash up-front.

Let me know!

Last edited by jtsherri; 09-09-2009 at 09:54 PM.
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #515
soohoolm
New Member
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Ready to order

Hello I'm finally ready to order my 2010 128i convertible. My first contact dealer
was BMW Ann Arbor , I also contacted several other dealers for a quote. Here's the problem, Ann Arbor dealer will not give me a quote until I bring in writing the quotes from the other dealers! Has anyone ever experienced this? His direct quote is "cheaper doesn't always mean better. What we are offering here is a certain level of service! Has anyone else run into trouble getting quotes? P.S I was offered 1500.00 off of my build from another dealership. What do you think? Is this S.O.P ?
soohoolm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #516
otterdoc
Mean Little Otter
 
otterdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Detroit

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soohoolm View Post
Hello I'm finally ready to order my 2010 128i convertible. My first contact dealer
was BMW Ann Arbor , I also contacted several other dealers for a quote. Here's the problem, Ann Arbor dealer will not give me a quote until I bring in writing the quotes from the other dealers! Has anyone ever experienced this? His direct quote is "cheaper doesn't always mean better. What we are offering here is a certain level of service! Has anyone else run into trouble getting quotes? P.S I was offered 1500.00 off of my build from another dealership. What do you think? Is this S.O.P ?
Short answer: Yes, I had a deal from one place presented to another dealer to see if they could meet or beat the offer. I used a buying service to do the negotiating for me. Best thing I ever did.

Long Answer:
I didn't get good service from the sales guy at AnnArbor that I talked to about my purchase a couple months before the order. I ended up with Erhard at Bloomfield and couldn't be happier. My SA is no longer with them, but Mike Montemurri comes highly recommended. Erhard is a center of excellence for service and I've always been treated very very well there. No BS, no pressure, superb communication, etc.

My suggestion is to start your pricing conversation at some amount above invoice, not money off MSRP. I did that and fared well. I know Erhard likes to be at about $1000 over invoice. Some folks do better than that with some dealers, but I didn't get any better offers from anyone else in Michigan. The next best deal was from Grand Blanc BMW.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions. otterdoc at mac dot com.
__________________
2009 135i: M-Sport, Prem, Step, CA, Nav, iPod/USB, LeMans/Beige.
otterdoc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #517
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
I experienced pretty much the same at Bavarian. They're very willing to negotiate a fair deal and definitely went above and beyond any other purchasing experience I've ever had. Also, I don't want to give any details of my experiences (big brother watches these forums!), but can tell you that their service center has been VERY accommodating to the needs of my vehicle. You wouldn't regret buying and/or having your car serviced there!

Also, if you do hit them up, ask to deal with Jade. She's VERY familiar with their vehicles, knows the dynamics of driving & what a driver's car should be and best of all, she's easy on the eyes!
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #518
mattssi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '00 Ford Escort - POS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West LA

Posts: 360
iTrader: (1)

Kart to Kart is fun times!
__________________
2014 F30
estoril / black - on a boat!
2010 135i 'vert
jet black / coral red - Lemon'd
mattssi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #519
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Kart to Kart is fun times!
Damn right it is! I'm planning on going to run 3-4 rounds in the next week or two.
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #520
soohoolm
New Member
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Ordering

Hello 1 Owners,

I am finally ready to order my 2010 1'er , but my dilemma now is that we found a triple black 128i convertible 2008 with all of the features I want ,plus. The problem is that apparently the driver's side door was dented and repaired from a minor accident. They are asking 28,000.00. My Order would be 37,950.00 MSRP This is my minimum build. My maximum build is 44,650.00 MSRP. So once again opinions welcome, what would you do? P.S my custom build would be a 2010 AW 128i convertible black top 'ette ,cold weather,anti-theft alarm ,steptronic. Thanks!
soohoolm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #521
otterdoc
Mean Little Otter
 
otterdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Detroit

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soohoolm View Post
I am finally ready to order my 2010 1'er , but my dilemma now is that we found a triple black 128i convertible 2008 with all of the features I want ,plus. The problem is that apparently the driver's side door was dented and repaired from a minor accident. They are asking 28,000.00. My Order would be 37,950.00 MSRP This is my minimum build. My maximum build is 44,650.00 MSRP. So once again opinions welcome, what would you do? P.S my custom build would be a 2010 AW 128i convertible black top 'ette ,cold weather,anti-theft alarm ,steptronic. Thanks!
I think that all comes down to deciding whether an accident-free car built especially for you is worth $8-16k+. If you can get a report or paperwork showing it was just a minor dent in the door and that doesn't bother you, hell, save all the cash. You'll still love the car and enjoy the drive, right?

I went new because I got burned on my 330ci. Otherwise I'd be driving a CPO 335i... and probably feeling sorry I didn't get a 135i.
__________________
2009 135i: M-Sport, Prem, Step, CA, Nav, iPod/USB, LeMans/Beige.
otterdoc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #522
soohoolm
New Member
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

burned?

Doc ,How did you get burned? if it's already posted somewhere point me to it. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterdoc View Post
I think that all comes down to deciding whether an accident-free car built especially for you is worth $8-16k+. If you can get a report or paperwork showing it was just a minor dent in the door and that doesn't bother you, hell, save all the cash. You'll still love the car and enjoy the drive, right?

I went new because I got burned on my 330ci. Otherwise I'd be driving a CPO 335i... and probably feeling sorry I didn't get a 135i.
soohoolm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #523
otterdoc
Mean Little Otter
 
otterdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Detroit

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soohoolm View Post
Doc ,How did you get burned? if it's already posted somewhere point me to it. thanks!
My 2001 330ci was a steptronic. Transmission had a catastrophic failure about 1/4 mile from my house in February. Car only had 110k miles on it. Naturally, it was out of warranty and because I was the 3rd owner, BMWNA basically told me I was SOL and wouldn't help in any way. Erhard wanted about $900 to even find out if it was repairable, and another 3-4k to replace the trans. I ended up taking it to Motorwerks because they only charged me $500 to find out the trans was totally destroyed. I sold them the car for a low but fair price and walked away. Drove a beater for a few months, then ordered my 1.

I had no problem paying for all of the repairs/maintenance that came with keeping a higher-mileage BMW in good running shape because I felt like I had a really good car that I absolutely loved. The car was only worth about $6k when it needed $4k in repairs with that trans, though. Stupid to do that, so I jumped on a full-warranty new build and I intend to buy the extended warranty, then sell the car at the end of the 5th year.

Erhard's customer service is about 75% of the reason I still own a BMW. The other 25% is the car meeting some extremely finicky and picky standards I set for what I wanted.

I still miss my 330 even though it betrayed me.
__________________
2009 135i: M-Sport, Prem, Step, CA, Nav, iPod/USB, LeMans/Beige.
otterdoc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #524
EINS
Fan of European & Performance Center Deliveries!
 
EINS's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Commerce Township, MI

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Happy Halloween Michigan 1ers!

Happy Halloween Michigan 1ers!

I hope that your 1-series has been treating you as well as mine has. -Jeff
__________________
'08 135i SGM Coupe delivered in Munich, Nürburgring tested
EINS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #525
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINS View Post
Happy Halloween Michigan 1ers!

I hope that your 1-series has been treating you as well as mine has. -Jeff
Same to you Jeff!

Mine's running stronger and better than ever... I think this may end up being a record-setter for me, as the longest I've *EVER* owned any of my 20+ vehicles has been 24 months.

Have you added any goodies to yours lately?
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #526
bmwzone
Captain
 
bmwzone's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 5.0 (ordered), 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 778
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Just ordered my winter rims-tires! Car still feels new.

Happy Hallowwwweeeennnnn
bmwzone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #527
EINS
Fan of European & Performance Center Deliveries!
 
EINS's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i SGM Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Commerce Township, MI

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82 / 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Same to you Jeff!

Mine's running stronger and better than ever... I think this may end up being a record-setter for me, as the longest I've *EVER* owned any of my 20+ vehicles has been 24 months.

Have you added any goodies to yours lately?
Excellent! I think my 1 is a keeper too. My track record with cars is also 24 months.

This is my first car not to be modded by this point in time. I still plan a LSD for it some time down the road.
__________________
'08 135i SGM Coupe delivered in Munich, Nürburgring tested
EINS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #528
jtsherri
Major
 
jtsherri's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Metro Detroit, MI

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via ICQ to jtsherri Send a message via AIM to jtsherri Send a message via MSN to jtsherri Send a message via Yahoo to jtsherri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzone View Post
Just ordered my winter rims-tires! Car still feels new.

Happy Hallowwwweeeennnnn
Very cool. What did you order???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINS View Post
Excellent! I think my 1 is a keeper too. My track record with cars is also 24 months.

This is my first car not to be modded by this point in time. I still plan a LSD for it some time down the road.
Good call, man. I hope someone runs a Group Buy on the Quaife unit once spring hits.

I can't say that my car's not modded; however, I can DEFINITELY say that it's in desperate need of an LSD. If I keep the car for the long-term, I may add some suspension bits, but at this power level the car will double in fun with the addition of additional traction (especially exiting turns!).
jtsherri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST