BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-04-2008, 02:50 AM   #23
blackie36
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

iTrader: (0)

am i likely to get it on the 17th or are they all going to be held back until 19th which seems like the official release date.

had a good look at one (and a test drive) in Tokyo last week. Can't wait to get my own :headbang:
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 02:56 AM   #24
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,601
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Havent heard of any being released before the 20th but I could be wrong..
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #25
Eureka
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

I asked my dealer if I could get the car the weekend before the 19th...he told me that BMW Australia won't allow the cars to be registered before then. So, the 19th it is then...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #26
larryn
Major General
United_States
143
Rep
8,443
Posts

 
Drives: '97 332ti, '10 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

Feel bad for you guys. The same thing happened to us in the States. Mine sat at the VPC in New Jersey for weeks before they would release it to shipping to my dealership, to correspond with the US launch of the 1...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #27
Eureka
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie36 View Post
Ordered mine yesterday - 135i, Sparkling Graphite, Profesional Nav, PDC, Sunroof. I'm told there was a car of this spec which arrived in Australia on Friday and that car will be mine.

The dealer told me yesterday it would be available in 14 days which would be 17 May. What is the release date for the car, and what are my chances of driving it out of the showroom on the 17th?
Very similar to my spec...135i, Sparkling Graphite (with coral interior), business Nav, sunroof. Trying not to think about it - in the hope the time will pass quicker until it arrives!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #28
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
3
Rep
340
Posts

 
Drives: SG 135i 6M
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie36 View Post
Ordered mine yesterday - 135i, Sparkling Graphite, Profesional Nav, PDC, Sunroof. I'm told there was a car of this spec which arrived in Australia on Friday and that car will be mine.

The dealer told me yesterday it would be available in 14 days which would be 17 May. What is the release date for the car, and what are my chances of driving it out of the showroom on the 17th?
Glad you are in Sydney, otherwise I'd be worried you're pinchin' my car! What colour leather?
__________________
Delivered! 1700hrs Tues May 20 2008: Sparkling Graphite, 6MT, Black Boston Leather, Accented Aluminium, Sun Roof, Pro Nav, Comfort Access.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #29
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
3
Rep
340
Posts

 
Drives: SG 135i 6M
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie36 View Post
am i likely to get it on the 17th or are they all going to be held back until 19th which seems like the official release date.

had a good look at one (and a test drive) in Tokyo last week. Can't wait to get my own :headbang:
You won't get the car before official release. Not unless you are truly special.
__________________
Delivered! 1700hrs Tues May 20 2008: Sparkling Graphite, 6MT, Black Boston Leather, Accented Aluminium, Sun Roof, Pro Nav, Comfort Access.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #30
blackie36
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

iTrader: (0)

i won't be getting that car at all...
the dealer has messed me around once too often - I cancelled my order today.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #31
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
55
Rep
4,041
Posts

 
Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

What happened blackie?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:22 AM   #32
blackie36
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

iTrader: (0)

all of the usual scams you'd expect from a used car salesman to get an order. sitting down to do the paperwork, the truth comes out on deliveries, incorrect figures (by $4k - after verbal agreement).

gutted about the car but i really don't want to give them my business...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #33
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
55
Rep
4,041
Posts

 
Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

That's a shame. Problem is that you won't get immediate delivery almost anywhere else. Do you think it is more incompetence as opposed to downright scam? I just read on another thread that this is BMW Sydney, which if I am not mistaken is owned by BMW Australia which is in turn own by BMW AG. I would not have thought that scamming a customer would be the normal practice! I have been dealing with BMW Melbourne for many years and they are fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #34
blackie36
Private
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
That's a shame. Problem is that you won't get immediate delivery almost anywhere else. Do you think it is more incompetence as opposed to downright scam? I just read on another thread that this is BMW Sydney, which if I am not mistaken is owned by BMW Australia which is in turn own by BMW AG. I would not have thought that scamming a customer would be the normal practice! I have been dealing with BMW Melbourne for many years and they are fantastic.
i suspect it is incompetence rather than scamming, but it's left a bad taste in my mouth. from my experience, these guys seem to have been willing to say or promise anything to get a sale.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #35
dodgey
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
237
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie36 View Post
i suspect it is incompetence rather than scamming, but it's left a bad taste in my mouth. from my experience, these guys seem to have been willing to say or promise anything to get a sale.
Sorry to hear it blackie36 What are you gonna do now? Go to another dealer, or forget it altogether?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #36
Sydneysider
Private First Class
Sydneysider's Avatar
2
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

Go with another dealer, get the car, then drive past the tosser you dealt with.
PM'ed u.
__________________
135i Saphire Black, Coral Red, Steptronic, Sunroof, Comfort Access
on the road 28 May 08

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST