BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #45
mrmonisimo
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Great thread.

My CA just sent me some info on my car but it says "Remember there will be a modest price increase for all vehicles processed at Port as of 6/1/08 (that includes this 135i coupe)."

I ordered the car on the 9th of this month and you had said in another thread that if a vehicle was ordered on or before the 9th that it is price protected.

should I be expecting any price increases?
mrmonisimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #46
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmonisimo View Post
Great thread.

My CA just sent me some info on my car but it says "Remember there will be a modest price increase for all vehicles processed at Port as of 6/1/08 (that includes this 135i coupe)."

I ordered the car on the 9th of this month and you had said in another thread that if a vehicle was ordered on or before the 9th that it is price protected.

should I be expecting any price increases?
BMW will pay a
price protection allowance for all current customers that have a documented order
in the system. To qualify, the following criteria must be met:

•
Centers must designate all sold orders, including European Deliveries, in the ordering system as
a sold priority (Priorities 0, 1, 9, and R)
. Only those sold orders with a confirmed production
number qualify. Order bank vehicles do not qualify.

•
All sold Priorities must be entered into the ordering system by close of business May 9,
2008
. Sold orders entered into the ordering system after May 9 will not qualify and will not
receive an allowance. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.

•
Vehicle must have a wholesale date of June 1 or later.

•
Vehicle must be delivered and RDR’d through DCSNet between June 1 and September 1, 2008.

• Vehicle must be delivered to the ordering customer.
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #47
mrmonisimo
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

thanks
mrmonisimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #48
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hill AFB, UT

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
did you order nav? I believe it only comes with the navi equipped cars in the us. As for the retrofit, I don't see it listed in the accessories book, I'm sure you could do it, but I'm betting not worth the cost
We didn't order nav and still got the extra cup holder. All 135s are supposed to come with it but not the 128s. It's kind of a pointless cup holder anyway and probably not worth arguing w/ the dealer over unless you just really need 3 in the front seat...
__________________
sndprssr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #49
Dan203
Major
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carson City, NV

Posts: 1,372
iTrader: (0)

Actually in another thread they seemed to figure out that it only comes with nav. However if the original allocation had nav and then the customer took that allocation and removed the nav the cup holder was not removed along with it, so that's why some people are getting it without having nav.

Dan
Dan203 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #50
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mistermojorizin's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,658
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
did you order nav? I believe it only comes with the navi equipped cars in the us. As for the retrofit, I don't see it listed in the accessories book, I'm sure you could do it, but I'm betting not worth the cost
thanks for the info, its not that i want a 3rd one, its that I just don't like having drinks in the way of my shifting.

i did not order my car, too impatient. my options are listed in my sig however.
__________________

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
mistermojorizin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #51
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
 
InsaneSkippy's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,598
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
I've got a question I'm trying to find an answer to. It's regarding my Euro Delivery.

I originally had my order placed with a local dealership. A few weeks after the deposit I got my ED welcome packet. I have since canceled that order and have gone with another dealer. I placed the order around April 21st.

I've already gotten my purchase order notarized and signed. However, I've not gotten a second ED welcome packet and I pick up the car in 2 weeks from today. I just sent the payment along with the signed BMWFS paperwork yesterday so it got to the dealership today.

My CA has already given me a confirmed pick-up date and time, but I've not gotten anything official from BMW. Should I be worrying or is this just an oversight?

I just don't want to get to the Welt and not be on the list LOL.

EDIT: Not even 10 minutes after posting this I got a gumby clock in the mail from BMW ED

Oh also, according to the 1-800 # my car has completed production.
__________________

InsaneSkippy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #52
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
I've got a question I'm trying to find an answer to. It's regarding my Euro Delivery.

I originally had my order placed with a local dealership. A few weeks after the deposit I got my ED welcome packet. I have since canceled that order and have gone with another dealer. I placed the order around April 21st.

I've already gotten my purchase order notarized and signed. However, I've not gotten a second ED welcome packet and I pick up the car in 2 weeks from today. I just sent the payment along with the signed BMWFS paperwork yesterday so it got to the dealership today.

My CA has already given me a confirmed pick-up date and time, but I've not gotten anything official from BMW. Should I be worrying or is this just an oversight?

I just don't want to get to the Welt and not be on the list LOL.

EDIT: Not even 10 minutes after posting this I got a gumby clock in the mail from BMW ED

Oh also, according to the 1-800 # my car has completed production.
sounds like you'll be fine, enjoy the trip!
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #53
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hill AFB, UT

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Actually in another thread they seemed to figure out that it only comes with nav. However if the original allocation had nav and then the customer took that allocation and removed the nav the cup holder was not removed along with it, so that's why some people are getting it without having nav.

Dan
Not sure how that got figured. We were the first and only people to hold our allocation spot and we never had Nav even considered to have it removed and we still got the extra cup holder. As soon as the allocations were offered up we were there...:iono:
__________________
sndprssr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #54
Jay1781
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Rolling into a lease

My dealer has told me that the down payment I have to put up is 2,507, but I am able to roll some of that in. How much can I roll into it and what exactly am I rolling in?
Jay1781 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #55
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndprssr View Post
Not sure how that got figured. We were the first and only people to hold our allocation spot and we never had Nav even considered to have it removed and we still got the extra cup holder. As soon as the allocations were offered up we were there...:iono:
even allocations have a pre-build spec, it's possible that the original spec had navi

granted I don't know if Dan is correct, but it does kind of make sense
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #56
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1781 View Post
My dealer has told me that the down payment I have to put up is 2,507, but I am able to roll some of that in. How much can I roll into it and what exactly am I rolling in?
rolling in isn't really correct, you are simply putting less down. Techinically you don't need to put any money down (cap cost reduction). What you should clarify is whether that money is simply start up costs & taxes.

i.e 1st payment, sec deposit, plates, doc & taxes, or is that $2500 + that stuff
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #57
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
 
Drives: '08 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hill AFB, UT

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
even allocations have a pre-build spec, it's possible that the original spec had navi

granted I don't know if Dan is correct, but it does kind of make sense
You could be right, it does kind of make sense. Either way, the cup holder sucks and we don't ever use it and probably never will. It's not exactly that ergonomic IMO...
__________________
sndprssr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #58
mrmonisimo
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Question:
I just received a VIR from my CA and there is no production number listed on it. Should that worry me?
Also there is an order status of 047 but I didn't see that one in the list of order status codes. What does that mean?

Before I ordered my CA assured me 3-4 times that they had an allocation. That was one of his selling points.
mrmonisimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #59
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmonisimo View Post
Question:
I just received a VIR from my CA and there is no production number listed on it. Should that worry me?
Also there is an order status of 047 but I didn't see that one in the list of order status codes. What does that mean?

Before I ordered my CA assured me 3-4 times that they had an allocation. That was one of his selling points.
sounds like he sent you a general window sticker type sheet. If the specs match your car, you should be fine
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #60
mrmonisimo
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

I'm listed as priority 1 on the paper, does that mean that he had the allocation and ordered the car?
mrmonisimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #61
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmonisimo View Post
I'm listed as priority 1 on the paper, does that mean that he had the allocation and ordered the car?
that means it is marked as "sold", so yes, it sounds like the car is on order
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #62
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmonisimo View Post
I'm listed as priority 1 on the paper, does that mean that he had the allocation and ordered the car?
generally if your CA is communicating with you & sending you information, you really should'nt be worried. Its when you don't hear from them that you should be afraid
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #63
mrmonisimo
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

thanks again
mrmonisimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #64
dbtheo
1addicts CA
 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmonisimo View Post
thanks again
you're welcome:smile:
dbtheo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #65
tharpa
Private First Class
 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

dbtheo, thanks for your help as well.
__________________
tharpa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2008, 09:35 PM   #66
3toM
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i EB Msport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

dbtheo,

Been reading all the questions and answers, and I gotta say it's really great of you to offer this!!

ps - I don't have any questions right now, just wanted to thank you for teaching us all.
3toM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST