BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2017, 02:39 AM   #1
PG
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

AC compressor pulley

Hey guys, so I started the car yesterday morning and immediately heard the sound none of us want to ever hear...

The sound got worse with revs and it was the day after I had done an oil change. Levels were still full and I couldn't spot an oil leak. There wasn't metal fragments in the oil when I had changed it. I immediately called up the boys at hills eurohaus who obliged to look at it immediately. They took the car in and had it ready for me in less than 6 hours!

Turns out the ac compressor pulley had snapped off completely. They havn't seen it before but I have read a few scattered accounts of it online. Also replaced the serpentine belt, pulleys and tensioners. In the pic below you can see how the pulley has snapped off the compressor.

Overall huge shout out goes to the boys at hills eurohaus for diagnosing and fixing the issue in such a quick time.

We couldn't think of an exact cause except for general wear and tear, but I'm thinking perhaps oil on the belt from a slow oil filter housing gasket leak. Again I'm not sure, I am just glad I hasn't spun a rod. Thanks to Vince as well for proving support via fbook.

P3 gauge showing that I am hitting higher boost targets for some reason after the fix (probably unrelated)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 03:59 AM   #2
Prolifik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Wtf. That's the weirdest thing ever...
You didn't bottom out on anything or something?
Or possibly another driver?

Got any closer pics of dmg?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 04:21 AM   #3
PG
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Sorry no more pics. You can zoom in to see where is snapped. What would bottoming out have to do with this?
Appreciate 0