BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #89
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
 
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 590
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Motorsports_3
Wheels: VMR V713
Front: 19x8.5 +45
Spacer: none

Rear: 19x9.5 +45
Spacer: none

Tires:
Front Nitto NT555 Extreme 225/35/19
Rear Nitton NT555 Extreme 245/35/19

Suspension/Fender Mods/Camber:
-H&R Coilovers. Front all the way high, rear all the way low
-No Roll Front
-Had to cut some of the plastic out from the inner fender well in the rear
-Rear fenders are trimmed.



__________________

Last edited by Motorsports_3; 07-08-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Motorsports_3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #90
Olivier_TFE
sport pilot
 
Drives: BMW 135i Alpine White
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tenerife - Spain

Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Please, if you can follow this model, better. Thanks.


Wheels: D-Force EmPower
Front: 18x8.5 +40
Spacer: none

Rear: 18x9.5 +43
Spacer: none

Tires:
Front Yokohama Advan Neova 255/40/18
Rear Hankook RS2 Z212 265/35/18

Suspension/Fender Mods/Camber:
-KW V3 lowered ~1.5" front, ~1" rear
-Vorshlag front camber plates (brings the tires "in" more, away from the fender lip), ~2 deg neg camber front & rear
-slight roll front & rear
-had to cut some of the plastic out from the inner fender well

Notes:
Rubbed front fender where fender meets bumper (...)
Olivier_TFE is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #91
adrean8j
Brigadier General
 
adrean8j's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 135I
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Posts: 4,071
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Wheels:
Vorsteiner V-302
Front 19x8.5 offset uknown
Spacer: none

Rear 19x9.5 offset uknown
Spacer: none

Tires:
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
225/35/19 and 255/30/19

Suspension:

KW V1 Stock ride height due to rubbing issues in the rear
Slight roll on rear

Notes:
Rubs bad over big dips and potholes. Slight rub during hard cornering. Considering scrapping the rear wheels and going with different sizes because it is becoming expensive to get the current tires to stop damn rubbing...not to mention in this doggone area of the country every body shop or so-called tuning shop is scared to roll a damn fender..."we dont want to crack your paint and be held liable" GRRRRRRRRR!!!.......sigh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
SGM was God's color and has been recalled to heaven.
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #92
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
 
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 590
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Motorsports_3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Wheels:
Vorsteiner V-302
Front 19x8.5 offset uknown
Spacer: none

Rear 19x9.5 offset uknown
Spacer: none

Tires:
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
225/35/19 and 255/30/19

Suspension:

KW V1 Stock ride height due to rubbing issues in the rear
Slight roll on rear

Notes:
Rubs bad over big dips and potholes. Slight rub during hard cornering. Considering scrapping the rear wheels and going with different sizes because it is becoming expensive to get the current tires to stop damn rubbing...not to mention in this doggone area of the country every body shop or so-called tuning shop is scared to roll a damn fender..."we dont want to crack your paint and be held liable" GRRRRRRRRR!!!.......sigh.

Wow that really sucks. Those wheels are supposed to be custom made. Hell, I could make some wheels with the right offsets to fit. I would make them fix that for the ammount of money you spent.

You may want to cut your fenders and go 245/35 for the rear tires.
__________________
Motorsports_3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #93
BMWeber
Major
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Amesbury, MA

Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (5)

Dam that is hot I want thoes wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsports_3 View Post
Wheels: VMR V713
Front: 19x8.5 +45
Spacer: none

Rear: 19x9.5 +45
Spacer: none

Tires:
Front Nitto NT555 Extreme 225/35/19
Rear Nitton NT555 Extreme 245/35/19

Suspension/Fender Mods/Camber:
-H&R Coilovers. Front all the way high, rear all the way low
-No Roll Front
-Had to cut some of the plastic out from the inner fender well in the rear
-Rear fenders are trimmed.

BMWeber is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #94
adrean8j
Brigadier General
 
adrean8j's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 135I
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

Posts: 4,071
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsports_3 View Post
Wow that really sucks. Those wheels are supposed to be custom made. Hell, I could make some wheels with the right offsets to fit. I would make them fix that for the ammount of money you spent.

You may want to cut your fenders and go 245/35 for the rear tires.

I have already had them sent back once due to centercaps not fitting. So 8 weeks for them to be manufactured, 6 months for me to get back from Iraq, another 3 weeks for them to look at the wheels and make sure that they have some centercaps for me....and now the rubbing issue (and one other semi-related issue...PM if you want to know about that). My small consolation is Nick and Ali@Jlevi have brainstormed with me about what I could do to fix the rubbing issue as well as given me an assurance discount on the soon to be released Vorsteiner Hood....

I want to cut the fenders but the shops around here a scared to do anything. I have to take an hour drive up to Charleston just to get someone that works "High-End" (Audi, BMW, Mercedes....LOL...makes me laugh cause in Germany, where I lived most of the last two decades, these are everyday cars) can LOOK at it...then make an appointment....and then drive up there AGAIN to hopefully get it fixed...and THEN do a complete alignment...sigh....LOL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
SGM was God's color and has been recalled to heaven.
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #95
RaceTime
Auto X'er
 
Drives: 2009 Space Gray 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Colorado

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

TT/Autocross set up

Wheels: Breyton GTS-R
Front: 18x8.5 +48
Spacer: 10mm

Rear: 18x8.5 +48
Spacer: none

Tires:
Front Dunlop Star Specs 255/35/18
Rear Dunlop Star Specs 255/35/18

Suspension/Fender Mods/Camber:
-H&R Pro coil and springs- all the way up in front and lowered 1/2 in the rear
-Vorshlag front camber plates (brings the tires "in" more, away from the fender lip), 2.6 degrees in front (max)
-BMW strut brace
-Custom rear strut brace
-Dinan Stage 2 tune
-Injen Intake
-G-Force harnesses
-BMP Tow hooks (for track racing)

Notes:
Front rubs a little bit over bumps. Front tires are really wide, if you were to turn and go up a big bump...bye, bye fender. Set up is unbelievable for racing, not what I use on the street (that is what stock tires are for). Unbelievable amounts of grip and very little understeer, even with over 400 hp!
Attached Images
     
RaceTime is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #96
Justin(OKC)
SMYLMKR
 
Justin(OKC)'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 1988 M3, 2015 X1
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Posts: 1,366
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTime View Post
Wheels: Breyton GTS-R
Front: 18x8.5 +48
Spacer: 10mm

Rear: 18x8.5 +48
Spacer: none

Tires:
Front Dunlop Star Specs 255/35/18
Rear Dunlop Star Specs 255/35/18

Suspension/Fender Mods/Camber:
-H&R Pro coil and springs- all the way up in front and lowered 1/2 in the rear
-Vorshlag front camber plates (brings the tires "in" more, away from the fender lip), 2.6 degrees in front (max)
-BMW strut brace
-Custom rear strut brace
-Dinan Stage 2 tune
-Injen Intake
-G-Force harnesses
-BMP Tow hooks (for track racing)

Notes:
Front rubs a little bit over bumps. Front tires are really wide, if you were to turn and go up a big bump...bye, bye fender. Set up is unbelievable for racing, not what I use on the street (that is what stock tires are for). Unbelievable amounts of grip and very little understeer, even with over 400 hp!
I'm a little confused. If it rubs up front like that, how is it ideal for racing? Can you eliminate it by adding more camber up front? I'd be more concerned about damaging the fenders on the track.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 - Alpine White/Fox Red Extended/Carbon Leather
Premium/Convenience/Cold Weather Package - Competition Package - M-DCT - Sunshades - EPS - BMW Apps - Sat Radio - Ipod/USB
Justin(OKC) is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #97
RaceTime
Auto X'er
 
Drives: 2009 Space Gray 135i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Colorado

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

It rubs just a little bit...it is certainly not ideal. I would like more camber, but with the sways and the coilover set up that is max camber. I am looking for more grip and to loose the understeer. The tracks in Colorado are quite smooth, so no worries about damaging the fenders as long as you stay on the black stuff...
RaceTime is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2009, 03:53 AM   #98
yophop
Registered
 
yophop's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw 123d coupe pack M
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Luxembourg

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to yophop
Hello,

Here are photos of my current one

Wheels: BMW performance
Front: 18x7.5

Rear: 18x8.5


Tires:
Front: Bridgeston potenza runflat 215/40/18
Rear: Bridgeston potenza runflat 245/35/18




And my ancient

Wheels: Répliques bmw style M6
Front: 19x8.5

Rear: 19x8.5

Tires:
Front: Dunlop sp sport maxx 225/35R19
Rear: Dunlop sp sport maxx 225/35R19


yophop is offline   Luxembourg
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #99
Rudedog
Registered
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

^^
what offset were you running on your M6 reps?

I'm new to 1series and have a good deal on a set of M6 reps in 18x8 ET35, I know the offset is quite low... just want to make sure it is doable before i pull the trigger.

let me know, thanks!
Rudedog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #100
hellrotz
Registered
 
Drives: 00 Z3 clown shoe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Clara ca

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Can't believe I didn't post this before, but better now than never. Here's the set up on our 135i:



18" VMR Gunmetal CSL Style Wheels:
Fronts
18x8.5" ET40
225/40-18

Rears
18x9.5" ET45
255/35-18

Car is lowered on KW Coilovers
so hot
hellrotz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #101
neilisthestig
Lack of charisma can be fatal
 
Drives: BMW 120i SE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

my new wheels!

Hey Guys, first post! I'd like to thank you all for the information on here that helped me buy my wheels (hope pic has uploaded correctly).

they are 18x8 with an offset of 38, tyres are 225/40 all round and as yet have had no rubbing.

sorry pic isnt great car needs a clean and it was taken on my phone! car is sydney blue 120i SE everything standard bar wheels!
Attached Images
 
neilisthestig is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #102
Raflekt
First Lieutenant
 
Raflekt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW 135i fully loaded
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mexico

Posts: 354
iTrader: (0)

I bought Potenza RE 11 225/45 , tomorrow i will track the car, do you think im going to rub on the front?


Stock rims and stock suspension
Tnx!
__________________
2009 AW 135i
CP-E CATLESS DPS, AFE EXHAUST , OIL COOLER KIT,FORGE DVV,,BMW PERFORMANCE SIDE SKIRTS AND BMW P . PEDALS, BMW PERFORMANCE SPOILER , BMW PERFOMANCE KIDNEY GRILLS, CODE 3 IC, DIREZZA Z1 STAR SPEC
Raflekt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #103
Olivier_TFE
sport pilot
 
Drives: BMW 135i Alpine White
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tenerife - Spain

Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Du you are in 17 inches?

The RE11 225 R18 no rub front/rear. I think in 17 no rub...

Y have RE11 225 front with Bilstein PSS10 + camber plates Vorshlag: NO rub.
Olivier_TFE is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #104
Macca916
Private
 
Macca916's Avatar
 
Drives: X6 XDrive35D
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Summer rims
18x8 et40 front (225x40)
18x9 et42 rear (235x40)



The fronts rub the wheel arch liner joint on full bump, suspect some minor trimming will solve it.
Macca916 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #105
Eddy@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: E30 M3, 2011 335d
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,597
iTrader: (5)

The following is results of prototype wheel test fitments. I'll be trying many different configurations so I'll post those up as well.

Wheels: APEX ARC-8

Front: 18x9" et42
Spacer: none

Rear: 18x9.5" et62
Spacer: none

Tires:
Front Nitto NT-05 245/40/18
Rear Nitto NT-05 265/35/18

Suspension/Fender Mods/Camber: 100% stock 135i


Notes:

zero issues in the back. the tire is close to the inner noise dampening mat, but not touching. looks like there is room for a 275/35/18. I will test that out, and on a lowered car as well. This is the only wheel that allows for this much rubber in the rear, and it weights in around 18lbs~.

The front was purely an experiment to provide the forum data. the tire is 0.5-1mm away from the strut tube. This would need a 3mm spacer for me to feel comfortable when actually driving around. rubbing did not need to be tested as it was clear on a stock car this would not work. with camber plates and around 3 degrees negative camber this wheel would work.

The intended wheel for the front is an 18x8.5" et38, which will be tested this week.











Eddy@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #106
goldn
Captain
 
goldn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E91 328i xDrive 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Collingwood, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 728
iTrader: (0)

hi, not a user of 1addicts...
looking for some help.
will any of these fit a '09 128i?

TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kol View Post
FS: 4x 16" Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 Runflat RFT w/steelies & BMW hubcaps

Tire details
size: 205/55/16
used: less than 3K
tread remaining: 10/32 (orig started with 11/32)
Even wear
Made in Japan RUNFLATS

Wheel details
OEM BMW 16" steelies - will fit 2006 323, 325 for sure and should fit 328
OEM Silver BMW hubcaps

Mounted and balanced and ready for pickup (NO TPMS)

Pickup in Markham

$550 (costed me $1200+)
others sets of similar tires w/o steelies are asking for more and have less tread
Reason for selling: mounting 17" winters
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKhanro View Post
Gauging interest. Thinking of selling my winter set up. They have 3 months of use on them. Here is a link to when they were on the car:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197281

The tread is probably 95%. Three of the rims have started getting some minor clear coat damage but the fourth wheel looks like it needs a refinish on the lip.

The tires are 225/45/17 Polaris 2 (?). Got them from Steelecase. They said they were made by Continental.

Center caps not included. Looking for $600.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelichrons View Post
Hi there just got this set of 17" - 8" BMW 158 Alloy Wheels and basically new (probably not even one season) Bridgestone Blizzaks LM-22 Studless Runflats 225/45/R17 from Budds BMW in Oakville as a "customer satisfaction" gift.

I am going to be winter storing my car so i wont be needing these. Wheels are in amazing condition and tires look basically new... very deep tread.

Please no low balls, we all know what BMW charges for this setup up so here is a chance to save some big bucks!!!

Serious inquiries only

Thanks

PM or E-mail: pspirou86@gmail.com
sis-in-law needs a winter set up.
goldn is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #107
Flat Out 32
First Lieutenant
 
Flat Out 32's Avatar
 
Drives: my feet.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South FL

Posts: 372
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yophop View Post
Hello,

Here are photos of my current one

Wheels: BMW performance
Front: 18x7.5

Rear: 18x8.5


Tires:
Front: Bridgeston potenza runflat 215/40/18
Rear: Bridgeston potenza runflat 245/35/18




And my ancient

Wheels: Répliques bmw style M6
Front: 19x8.5

Rear: 19x8.5

Tires:
Front: Dunlop sp sport maxx 225/35R19
Rear: Dunlop sp sport maxx 225/35R19


Those BMW Performance OEM wheels are hot!! It would be even nicer if they could make the 19" from the 3 series fit.

On another note, BBS CH pics would be nice!
__________________

Georgie Vazquez
Mayaguez, PR
R.I.P. 335i, 010 135i here!
Flat Out 32 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2009, 03:19 AM   #108
bankerkys
Private First Class
 
bankerkys's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 135i Sapphire Black
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Can't believe I didn't post this before, but better now than never. Here's the set up on our 135i:



18" VMR Gunmetal CSL Style Wheels:
Fronts
18x8.5" ET40
225/40-18

Rears
18x9.5" ET45
255/35-18

Car is lowered on KW Coilovers
Looks fantastic. What brand tires are you running? Did you have to roll the fenders?

Last edited by bankerkys; 10-30-2009 at 11:01 AM.
bankerkys is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #109
tom @ eas
Major General
 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,857
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankerkys View Post
Looks fantastic. What brand tires are you running? Did you have to roll the fenders?
We are using 255/225 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec in that photo, a minimal amount of fender rolling was needed in the back due to the KWs.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2009, 05:18 AM   #110
smudge74
New Member
 
Drives: 1 series M Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Singapore

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Prodrive GC-014i forged

Front: 18" x 7.5
Rear: 18" x 8.5

Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 2 225/40/18
Rear: Michelin Pilot Sport 2 255/35/18



smudge74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST