BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Coming upgrades for this weekend..

Hello all,
I guess since I got such a quick answer on my last post, I might as well post something fun. Below are some pictures of what I will be installing this weekend. Also My AFE intake will be here prior to Friday so it will be installed as well... So what are your opinions, did I make good choices????





__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81
Rep
6,608
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

iTrader: (4)

If you are willing to put downpipes on why not get a more aggresive tune on the car?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
If you are willing to put downpipes on why not get a more aggresive tune on the car?


Which ones are more agressive?
__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
eunosracr
Colonel
42
Rep
2,109
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: here

iTrader: (4)

Downpipes are a waste with the Turbo Tuner IMHO. Downpipes call for V3 or JB3 man!!!

Besides that, very nice selection of parts.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81
Rep
6,608
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skddmorse View Post
Which ones are more agressive?
BMS JB3, or Vishnu PROcede V3.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
imported_tek818
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
If you are willing to put downpipes on why not get a more aggresive tune on the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eunosracr View Post
Downpipes are a waste with the Turbo Tuner IMHO. Downpipes call for V3 or JB3 man!!!

Besides that, very nice selection of parts.
+1000 Turbo Tuner is certainly not the device you want to use with downpipes. You should see if you can return it; I believe there is a 7 or 10 day return period. If you are willing to tackle the downpipe install, 30min in the ECU box should be a piece of cake... (to install v3 or jb3)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #7
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
+1000 Turbo Tuner is certainly not the device you want to use with downpipes. If you are willing to tackle the downpipe install, 30min in the ECU box should be a piece of cake...

I tried installing an autoexede turbo tuner but it kept ptting me into limp mode.... After doing that install about four times I know that computer like the back of my hand.... So JB3???????
__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Ever any limp codes with teh JB3?????
__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #9
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Just looked up the JB3... Not available to september 15th... When they are back in stock I will definately buy one.. Does anyone have one for sale....... (as long as there are no limp codes....)
__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
Strongbark
Brigadier General
Strongbark's Avatar
No_Country
88
Rep
3,688
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
BMS JB3, or Vishnu PROcede V3.
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:28 AM   #11
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
13
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

JB3 doesn't work well with DP's. BOV is just not needed. Does NC have smog testing? JB3 should give you over 350rwhp by itself. How much power are you looking for? 93 octane east coast gas + AFE intake + JB3 = possible trouble. You might be making to much power to go undetected.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOne View Post
JB3 doesn't work well with DP's. BOV is just not needed. Does NC have smog testing? JB3 should give you over 350rwhp by itself. How much power are you looking for? 93 octane east coast gas + AFE intake + JB3 = possible trouble. You might be making to much power to go undetected.

First, NC does not have smog testing but I am concerned about your other statement... I am getting confused with your comments compaired to others.... One guy says that the spilt second and down pipes is a waist and now you tell me that the JB3 doesn't work well with down pipes...

Does anyone know for sure??????
__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
Strongbark
Brigadier General
Strongbark's Avatar
No_Country
88
Rep
3,688
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (1)

DP's + JB3/V3 + v81 ECU don't mix.
DP's + JB3/V3 + v80 ECU mix well
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #14
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
16
Rep
827
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Skddmorse everyone is correct in a different way. The JB3 is designed to stay undetected by the BMW computer so you dont get in trouble with the dealership. Adding the downpipes to the Jb3 will probably push you over the limits and the BMW computer will detect you and you have warranty problems.

The SSTT is a great piggy, undetectable by BMW, but it is not customizable and will not really take full advantage of your downpipes.

The downpipes by the selves are great power adders without a tune, but they are a pain to install and you definately will need to remove them when going in for service.

My recommendation is to use the SSTT by its self for now and then upgrade to the JB3 or Vishnu later. Those tunes by them selves will give you more power than all the parts sitting on your table combined.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
Strongbark
Brigadier General
Strongbark's Avatar
No_Country
88
Rep
3,688
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOne View Post
93 octane east coast gas + AFE intake + JB3 = possible trouble. You might be making to much power to go undetected.
Not really. The limit is an intake, catback exhaust & JB3.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #16
silverbullet135i
Brigadier General
silverbullet135i's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
4,306
Posts

 
Drives: AW E90 335i ///M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SL,UT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to silverbullet135i Send a message via MSN to silverbullet135i
JB3 = :wub:

Nice parts BTW.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #17
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc22 View Post
Skddmorse everyone is correct in a different way. The JB3 is designed to stay undetected by the BMW computer so you dont get in trouble with the dealership. Adding the downpipes to the Jb3 will probably push you over the limits and the BMW computer will detect you and you have warranty problems.

The SSTT is a great piggy, undetectable by BMW, but it is not customizable and will not really take full advantage of your downpipes.

The downpipes by the selves are great power adders without a tune, but they are a pain to install and you definately will need to remove them when going in for service.

My recommendation is to use the SSTT by its self for now and then upgrade to the JB3 or Vishnu later. Those tunes by them selves will give you more power than all the parts sitting on your table combined.


So everything I have is fine, I will just have to remove my downpipes when I go in for service...

Then when I upgrade to the JB3, I will have more power and will still need to remove my downpipes for service... (My car was produced in Jan of 2008....)

Correct?

Thanks to everyone for the help.....
__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #18
eunosracr
Colonel
42
Rep
2,109
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: here

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skddmorse View Post
So everything I have is fine, I will just have to remove my downpipes when I go in for service...

Then when I upgrade to the JB3, I will have more power and will still need to remove my downpipes for service... (My car was produced in Jan of 2008....)

Correct?

Thanks to everyone for the help.....

You should have v80 then by your build date. I would go all out with JB3 downpipes, intake full exhaust etc, if you are willing to remove the downpipes for service.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #19
silverbullet135i
Brigadier General
silverbullet135i's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
4,306
Posts

 
Drives: AW E90 335i ///M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SL,UT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to silverbullet135i Send a message via MSN to silverbullet135i
JB3+Full Turbos Back Exhaust+Intake = HorsePOWER FREAK! =
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
262
Rep
17,021
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Can't wait to hear what you think about SSTT, we had a customer put one on this weekend and he was astounded at the result!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #21
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Can't wait to hear what you think about SSTT, we had a customer put one on this weekend and he was astounded at the result!

Interesting.........
__________________
I am Sam, Sam I am
2008 BMW 135i- AFE, HKS, EFX, Ultimate Racing, Split Second, CryO2 and Riss Racing
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
13
Rep
1,000
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 AW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

January build date is a really good thing. If you do serious modding, make sure the dealer doesn't reflash your ECU when it is in for service. Removing the DPs everytime you go in for service would be a nightmare IMHO. I see where you are trying to go but you must remember, 1+1+1 does not always equal 3 when it comes to modding. Again JMHO.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST