BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
Monaco35Dream
Captain

Drives: 08' 135i, 96' Talon Tsi AWD

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Somewhere, floating around the site's archieves, is a thread on a CO2 setup to do just that - it may be cheaper than refilling the NOS bottle. Wish I could remember what that was . . .
a company call DEI makes an entire co2 spray kit...
Monaco35Dream is offline   United_States
      09-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #24
atr_hugo
No longer moderate

Drives: SWB 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco35Dream View Post
a company call DEI makes an entire co2 spray kit...
Thanks for the name. Here's a link: http://www.designengineering.com/
atr_hugo is offline   No_Country
      09-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #25
GemBm
Private

Drives: 08 135i, Spt Pkg,Nav,PDC,IPOD

Wow,

Seems like allot of people here are on this poster case for asking a question about nitrous. Maybe it's my imagination but It seems every other post here is about some type of mod for more HP question! So his question is a ricer? The one difference I've found on those so called ricer sites are they take responsibility for their mods. In other words they don't worry about the dealer finding out and their warranty being voided it's part of playing the game. That being said why would you want to use nitrous on your car? That's why I would never buy a 135/335 coming off of a lease you bet money they've been abused!
GemBm is offline   United_States
      09-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #26
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

$395 for the kit....

09-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #27
Monaco35Dream
Captain

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
yes thats exactly it...funny, i was thinking about this about a week ago...i was going to get it for my 99 eclipse (2.0 turbo) but never got the chance to even upgrade the intercooler, but with the front mount that came the 1er is perfect...
      09-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #28
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud

Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to 135i_TT Send a message via Yahoo to 135i_TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megbm View Post
Wow,

Seems like allot of people here are on this poster case for asking a question about nitrous. Maybe it's my imagination but It seems every other post here is about some type of mod for more HP question! So his question is a ricer? The one difference I've found on those so called ricer sites are they take responsibility for their mods. In other words they don't worry about the dealer finding out and their warranty being voided it's part of playing the game. That being said why would you want to use nitrous on your car? That's why I would never buy a 135/335 coming off of a lease you bet money they've been abused!
I wont say it's a ricer thing to do adding NO2, I just wouldnt do it unless the NO2 company would assure me 100% my engine would stay ok bc no BMW is a "toy car"

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
135i_TT is offline   United_States
      09-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #29
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_TT View Post
I wont say it's a ricer thing to do adding NO2, I just wouldnt do it unless the NO2 company would assure me 100% my engine would stay ok bc no BMW is a "toy car"

Any car is a toy..... Otherwise we would all be driving Honda Civics... If you read above I think the way I am leading is the CRYO2 system to cool down the intake temp. This gives a 50% increase on the gain of the intercooler and 10% potential HP gain... This is one add on that may get me to the 400hp mark....
      09-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #30
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud

Garage List
True, reason I hate Honda really is bc theyre waaaaay over rated.. Well as for cars being toys i said that mainly bc BMW is a luxury brand and we really don't treat them like a toy like most Honda owners would. lol.

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
      09-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #31
Monaco35Dream
Captain

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skddmorse View Post
Any car is a toy..... Otherwise we would all be driving Honda Civics... If you read above I think the way I am leading is the CRYO2 system to cool down the intake temp. This gives a 50% increase on the gain of the intercooler and 10% potential HP gain... This is one add on that may get me to the 400hp mark....
i will be next in line if your results are as good as you and i are thinking/hoping they will be...i just hope no one buys the damn purge vavle...thats ricer!! lol
      09-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #32
skddmorse
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco35Dream View Post
i will be next in line if your results are as good as you and i are thinking/hoping they will be...i just hope no one buys the damn purge vavle...thats ricer!! lol

Yeah, the purge valve is worthless because the system purges itself....
      09-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #33
JME
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
N2O?

OP: Anyways, it is your car, do what you want. I will say, however, that you might be facing a multitude of complications. Assuming you are using a dry system, expect very high wear on your HPFP. If your fuel pump starts to fade, your call will run very lean, burning pistons and spark plugs, not to mention complete loss of detonation and I do not think throwing that many unburnt hydrocarbons past your catalytic converter is a good thing.

Not to mention the fact that if you use too much you can grenade your engine. Nitrous-fed engines should be easy to spot by someone with a trained eye, which could lead to your warranty being voided and you paying out of pocket.

If you have 40-50k to blow for a new car, go ahead. It might be kinda nice to see some numbers on a sprayed car. However, there are much cheaper alternatives to getting safe power from your car that is available to you the entire time your car is on and you don't have to worry about making sure you have the right PSI in the bottle or remote bottle openers or running lines from your trunk to the pressure gauge to the engine, etc. On a turbo car I really do not see the point of running nitrous except so you can say, "I ran nitrous on a 135i."
      09-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #34
imported_McLovin
Enlisted Member

Drives:

What about the ECU? Doesn't it need to be programmed to realize when the nitrous is being used so it can calculate the fuel necessary?
      09-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #35
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud

Garage List
JME:

Umm I thought I had said earlier in the thread that I wouldn't use any kind of spray on my 135i.. I think you meant to quote someone else... plus I said "I just wouldnt do it unless the NO2 company would assure me 100% my engine would stay ok" and no one can assure me that 100% meaning I wouldnt do it...

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
      09-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #36
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(

Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
Didn't know Top Fuel Dragsters had V-tec.
Top fuel dragsters are made to go from zero to whatever in a straight line and THAT'S IT. A 135i is made to drive around on streets and maybe the track every so often (and {gasp} maybe even go on a grocery run!).

Apples with oranges my friend! :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
      09-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #37
Mad Dragon

Drives: 2010 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by skddmorse View Post
$395 for the kit....
That doesn't include the intercooler spray bar. You can get a complete Nitrous Express or NOS kit for the same price or cheaper.
Mad Dragon is offline   United_States
      09-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #38
Wraith
Captain

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthe1 View Post
Uhhhh, wrong forum? Try "I just felt the V-tec kick in, yo" forum.
This comment is just so wrong and sorry to say but shows a lack if any knowledge at all on the subject

Nitrous is a beautiful and wonderful thing, it will deliver better bang for buck that ANY other power enhancement mod out there for ANY type of engine, N/A, forced inducted, rotary and so forth...

It can also be a very dangerous thing - but get the right kit for the right application and both install and use it correctly and you'll never look back !!!

I'm sure it'll do wonders to a 135i ' if ' all the important aspects are observed...

I've had and used it on a drag car of mine - there is no way known it would've achieved the 9sec 1/4 mile runs without the aid of NOS or chemical charging as it's technically known :wink:
      09-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #39
JME
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
JME:

Umm I thought I had said earlier in the thread that I wouldn't use any kind of spray on my 135i.. I think you meant to quote someone else... plus I said "I just wouldnt do it unless the NO2 company would assure me 100% my engine would stay ok" and no one can assure me that 100% meaning I wouldnt do it...
Whoops. The only reason I quoted your post was the 4 characters immediately below it. I should have mentioned the rest of the post was for the OP.

N2O, not NO2. That was all. I'll edit the post to clarify.
      09-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #40
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JME View Post
Whoops. The only reason I quoted your post was the 4 characters immediately below it. I should have mentioned the rest of the post was for the OP.

N2O, not NO2. That was all. I'll edit the post to clarify.

ITS ALL GOOD.

AND YEA IM NOT TO UP TO DATE WITH SHORT TERMS HAHA SO I GOT IT WRONG.

ITS ALL GOOD.
:smile:

www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
      09-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #41
QJS
St8rin' Thru My Rear View

Drives:

Nitrous is cheating!
      09-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #42
aponting389
Private

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldRx View Post
From what I understnad the Zex kits are really well mae and thought out. They come with a computer that keps you from blowing up your motor.
no need to worry guys.. it has a computer!

09-02-2008, 05:19 AM   #43
BlackJetE90
Colonel

Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL135I View Post
I'm not going to pull the Rice Flag, but you need to really do some research on Nitrous. Please tell me you are not seriously considering putting Nitrous on a BMW 135i???

I'll give you some info to research.......

Do you know the cost of an N54 engine??? THE END!!!!!

I understand power can be created by using Nitrous. But the 135i is not a car I would dare even consider installing a Nitrous kit. There's many other options to get a little more power out of the car.

In all fairness I don't think your going to find anyone on this forum that would recommend "Nitrous" on a BMW 135i, its a very Sophisticated automobile, as such it should be treated like "ONE", and does not need a Zex Nitrous kit.:biggrin:
Do you know the cost of a s85 engine?

Any more sophisticated than a E60 M5?

Moral of the story is, nitrous has been given a bad wrap by the "fast and furious" croud.

ASRs kits for the M5/M6 make incredible gains and are tuned very well. Many cars are running around with their kits and the quality of the kit is impressive.
      09-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #44
ronnyek
Captain

Drives: 2010 Evo MR Touring

wow.... just wow. Amazing how much FUD there is on the subject... I think most the horror stories you hear are people that are running dry systems that are pushing it way too hard.

There is a reason nitrous is huge, and there are entire race classes dedicated to NA with nitrous.

My personal opinion is that if you went for a wet system and a mild shot, you'd probably be fine, but then again why would you really want to.

Concerns in my mind would be...

1) All my hp goals with theoretical hp limits in mind, can be met with software tune alone. Lag wise, the n54 is already one of the best for low end torque because of its low rpm boost.

Running nitrous as a IC sprayer is probably not gonna have any negatives at all. Just like going with a bigger intercooler, its just going to make engine happier about the boost it has... so worst case scenario it'll run exactly the same, but likely lower intake temps will help with output.
ronnyek is offline   United_States