BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
jack123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Windshield replacement shops in GTA

Anyone know or recommend any professional shops in the GTA that replace windshields for BMWs?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

yup. But it's here in Mississauga.

I went to a whole lot of trouble over this very issue when I had a smash&grab last year with my Corolla.

I wanted OEM and I wanted the insurance to pay.

In the end I did get "OEM" and learned a lot about glass.

DO NOT GO TO SP**DY A*TO or any of those types of shops.

I was sold years ago, cheap Chinese glass by sp**dy (didn't even know about that at the time, nor was I told) and they re-used the rubber seal. I could tell the work was terrible but had nothing to compare to or that they could have "fixed" it.

I highly recommend you go to a place that is used by dealerships or a place you can see other BMW's and other higher end cars there, and talk to them about the work. You need to see examples of high quality work.

Many people on the forum here have already complained that the 1, is not an easy window to do. You better spend the time.

If you want the exact place I went to, PM me...

btw I could not use that place (wished I had) because I had already booked another place, and they ordered the glass. I made the mistake of going to the wrong dealership. But I did talk to the owner/installer at the glass place and I know I will use him in the future, for the reasons I mentioned above.

EspressoBoy

PS
If you don't want to drive to Mississauga, no point in PM me.

Again,

1. get OEM glass (and they tell you how to know the difference, with the little logo etched on it)
2. new rubber seal (if that's possible, talk to a few places)
3. see work done on existing high end cars
4. confirmed quote for work

Even if your insurance doesn't cover it all... don't go cheap! You will regret it big time.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
jack123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

PM'd
Appreciate 0