BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #23
135i2
Private
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

The R32 has an exhaust, panel filter, Revo tune, Biltsteins and a latest generation haldex with controller. Bugger all mods, but the dyno showed a 35kw gain with a full exhaust alone...another 10kw from the tune and filter. The haldex and bilsteins transformed the handling, but it was great before hand.

The R32 at less dosh, bang for bucks, with mods is a better car in every respect than a standard 135i. This is my humble opinion, and from someone who actually owns and drives both. The R32 feels no slower until the 135 is really screaming at the top end (standard remember). And as I said in my last post...the mods that I have already done to the 135 surpass the R32 now...but only in straight line speed. More mods will take the 135 to another level which some of you already enjoy and I know that the result will be spectacular.

Turbo kits for these dubs start at 8k...C2 motorsports...VF engineering and the HPA or HGP from Germany. Power starts at around 300awhp and up from there......
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #24
IBSC
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Nov 2008

iTrader: (0)

Ok interior trim.

So far the 1 seems ok but if the trims are made by the same people as the trims in the E90 keep an eye on the coloured paints on the door pulls and steering wheel trim.
In the dealer there would not be a day go by that we did not change a drivers door arm rest or steering wheel trim.
X5 steering steering wheel trims also peel quite badly.
If you start to notice this happening go to your dealer and jump up and down to make them fix it.
Known quality issue.
__________________
Darren Mitchell
Independent BMW Service Centre
2/5 Hydro Rise, Bibra Lake
Western Australia, 6163, Australia
Telephone: 0404 628 738
International: +61 404 628 738

service@independentbmwservicecentre.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Drives:
1989 BMW ETURDY 318i M40 - Bog Stock Standard
2008 Honda Civic Sport (Missus)
Waiting On:
Lotto win

PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER, WE DONT MAKE THEM AND WE DONT BREAK THEM, WE JUST FIX THEM :iono:
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #25
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
44
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USOFA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
The R32 has an exhaust, panel filter, Revo tune, Biltsteins and a latest generation haldex with controller. Bugger all mods, but the dyno showed a 35kw gain with a full exhaust alone...another 10kw from the tune and filter. The haldex and bilsteins transformed the handling, but it was great before hand.

The R32 at less dosh, bang for bucks, with mods is a better car in every respect than a standard 135i. This is my humble opinion, and from someone who actually owns and drives both. The R32 feels no slower until the 135 is really screaming at the top end (standard remember). And as I said in my last post...the mods that I have already done to the 135 surpass the R32 now...but only in straight line speed. More mods will take the 135 to another level which some of you already enjoy and I know that the result will be spectacular.

Turbo kits for these dubs start at 8k...C2 motorsports...VF engineering and the HPA or HGP from Germany. Power starts at around 300awhp and up from there......
An exhaust gave you 35kw? Flywheel or Wheel figure? Thats a very large figure. I've never heard of an exhaust producing 35kw on a turbo car let alone a NA car.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #26
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
55
Rep
4,041
Posts

 
Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

I agree with Kris! 135i2, I am actually very familiar with the R32 and am an active member of a VW forum. I have never heard of a 35kw liberating exhaust! What exhaust is it? Maybe I should buy my mate's R32 which is up for sale soon. So is Prof's better half's R32.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #27
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
44
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USOFA

iTrader: (0)

I want to know where the magical exhaust came from I'd love to get 35kw from an exhaust!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #28
professor
Major
16
Rep
1,472
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

I wanted to buy this for my wife's R32, but she gave me such a "look" that I was damn-near hospitalized.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #29
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
55
Rep
4,041
Posts

 
Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Doesn't fit RHD is my understanding.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:12 AM   #30
richie_csl
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: M3CSL, E90 325i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Hey Richie, how is the CSL going?
Hi Wayne,

How are you doing?

CSL is going well.... haven't driven it much yet... and just went over 14K km last weekend... always love the sound when I take it out

Since we are talking about the R32... I also love the sound from R32 though... standard engine/exhaust sound that is.... I would love to test drive one though...

cheers,

richie
__________________
Ferrari 360 F1 - with Tubi and 360 challenge parts
M3 CSL - 3 of 27 in Australia - SOLD
E90 325i - Fully loaded with options + CF front lips + CF Grilles + Blackline tail lights
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #31
Cris
What's FWD?
4
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: Former E82, current E39
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Did you all know that, according to Merriam-Webster & thefreedictionary.com, a sedan is defined as a 2- or 4-door automobile seating four or more persons (having a front and back seat) and usually having a permanent top.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 07:00 AM   #32
BBK
Banned
45
Rep
3,078
Posts

 
Drives: A boring one...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [2.88]
By that definition a Landcruiser or a Mini could be a sedan...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #33
cuizhuoyi01
EVO
1
Rep
193
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to cuizhuoyi01
I had drive all of these 4 cars, I think R32 is a boring one, and handing also not really good. it just sound better.

R32 should has lowest point by my view
__________________
135 EVO
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #34
Cris
What's FWD?
4
Rep
398
Posts

 
Drives: Former E82, current E39
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
By that definition a Landcruiser or a Mini could be a sedan...
I thought about that too. Can't argue with what a dictionary says though. :iono:

Come to think of it, a Landcruiser or a Mini has a fifth door (its rear hatch). I think the definition could elaborate a little more.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #35
Dabaitu
Colonel
Australia
50
Rep
2,967
Posts

 
Drives: anything given a chance
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: .au

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
I thought about that too. Can't argue with what a dictionary says though. :iono:

Come to think of it, a Landcruiser or a Mini has a fifth door (its rear hatch). I think the definition could elaborate a little more.
Yep, if it's written you can't argue with it, never ever ever. On pain of death.

:eyebulge:
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #36
Guran
Captain
Guran's Avatar
Australia
12
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wollongong, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Did you all know that, according to Merriam-Webster & thefreedictionary.com, a sedan is defined as a 2- or 4-door automobile seating four or more persons (having a front and back seat) and usually having a permanent top.
The dictionary is wrong! It's up to the car industry to decide what they call their cars and dictionaries should reflect this. A sedan is a four-door with a boot. A coupe is a two-door with a boot. A hatchback is a two-door or four-door with a rear opening hatch. Simple.
__________________
08 BMW 135i Sport Coupe | Manual | Sparkling Graphite | Coral Red Boston Leather | 10 Speaker Hi Fi
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #37
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
44
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USOFA

iTrader: (0)

I'm with Guran.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #38
professor
Major
16
Rep
1,472
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

the automobile industry is blurring the lines with their designs making discrete categorization harder. case in point are the coupe-sedans and coupe-SUVs. i guess we should just have a weirdo category for the likes of the passat cc, merc cls, bmw x6 and so on.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #39
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,601
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Well....According to the:-

Guran/Bryan/thefreedictionary.1addicts.com/forums

"A sedan is a four-door with a boot. A coupe is a two-door with a boot. A hatchback is a two-door or four-door with a rear opening hatch."

CORRECT...:thumbup:
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #40
d3syd
Major
d3syd's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
1,475
Posts

 
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scamander, Tasmania

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Well....According to the:-

Guran/Bryan/thefreedictionary.1addicts.com/forums

"A sedan is a four-door with a boot. A coupe is a two-door with a boot. A hatchback is a two-door or four-door with a rear opening hatch."

CORRECT...:thumbup:
ditto.

The authors of the dictionary ride bicycles and live on campus.... what would they know?:biggrin:
__________________

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #41
135i2
Private
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
I agree with Kris! 135i2, I am actually very familiar with the R32 and am an active member of a VW forum. I have never heard of a 35kw liberating exhaust! What exhaust is it? Maybe I should buy my mate's R32 which is up for sale soon. So is Prof's better half's R32.

As to the exhaust...a full Milltek that 18awkw...dyno proven. I was surprised too:eyebulge:
Member of VW forum too...and most seem to do a cat back only. And maybe a tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #42
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
44
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USOFA

iTrader: (0)

I thought you said 35? Love to see a milltek give 18rwkw lol
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #43
DTNJNQ
Captain
DTNJNQ's Avatar
Australia
19
Rep
909
Posts

 
Drives: 135i, Subaru-Liberty GT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.33]
Not sure if this video has been posted before.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #44
adrean8j
Brigadier General
adrean8j's Avatar
No_Country
53
Rep
4,071
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 135I
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Ok lets put it in perspective....the review is not "perfect"...but neither does it completely bash the 135i over the head. On the contrary it is a mostly positive review...you can tell they really love the car, buuuut this is why it lost:

"What’s the final verdict then? Well, this is the easiest of the mob to live with day in, day out. It has the cachet of the BMW brand and best of all, it really is ’shit hot’ to drive.
However, it’s the price that is its limiting factor. Even considering the current state of the Australian dollar, the 135i Coupe retails for around $US35,600. So it beggars belief how BMW can get away with charging in excess of $A70,000 for the privilege.
Had it not been for the price, the BMW may well have taken top honours, but in this scenario it has panned out slightly differently - all because of the price point."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
SGM was God's color and has been recalled to heaven.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST