BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
jorenrique
Registered
 
Drives: BMW 128i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down Listening of continuous cds....a nightmare in a BMW professional

Well, I am surprised. I thought I would be the only one willing to step up and jump in a "BMW Professional".
I walked out the dealer in a new 128i and was surprised after a block when I noticed that the CD player would go in silence for 1/2 second between tracks. I have a large collection of mixed CDs and I thought about how annoying it was going to be listening my music in this car.
I went back and asked the sales man and he did not know anything about that. I had a 3 series before and this never happened to its CD player.
I read some posts in the website and someone was asking if the 2008 models will come with this problem in the CD player...............well, you'll be surprised. The 2009's come with this problem as well.
I even thought about spending the extra $900 in the CD changer since I don't want to become an "Ipod dependant", but I want to make sure that it really works fine. I also want to check before wasting my money if someone has found out how to solve the problem....... any ideas?
jorenrique is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
beto_L.A.
Lieutenant
 
beto_L.A.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 F36 428i GC
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: north hollywood, CA

Posts: 470
iTrader: (0)

I feel your pain!!!! I'm a DJ and can't listen to my mixes from the CD player in my car.When I got my new '09 E90 and played back a mixed cd I thought that there was a problem with the CD but it was the CD player the one that makes the pause....I think because the CD palyer is also MP3 palyer is designed to make the pause....the best thing for you to do is to get an IPOD and forget about using the CD palyer....

I have the IPOD adapter and that is how I play back my mixed CD's.....

I can't belive that we bought "SPORT LUXURY" cars and can't play back a mixed CD!!!!!

good luck and again if you don't have it get the IPOD interface you will love it!!!!!
__________________
Current: 2015 F36 4GC, M Sport Line, Mineral Grey, Coral Red Leather. M Brakes.
Returned 2012 F25 X328i, JET BLACK,Chestnut Brown,Sport Activity Package, Xenon Lights, 25% tint front.
Returned: '09 E90 328I sedan, space gray, saddle brown leather,Dark Burl Walnut wood trim, sport package, A/T, xenon lights, Ipod/USB adapter, 35% tint all around.
beto_L.A. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
Guildenstern
or Rosencrantz
 
Guildenstern's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 128i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 455
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorenrique View Post
I even thought about spending the extra $900 in the CD changer since I don't want to become an "Ipod dependant", but I want to make sure that it really works fine. I also want to check before wasting my money if someone has found out how to solve the problem....... any ideas?
Do it. Once you go iPod you'll never want to go back. You could listen to a 10 hour mix playlist and never drive off the road into a ditch while fumbiling for CD's.

The iPod is your one true friend. It likes the same music you do. It can even do lossless audio if you're one of those people that thinks you can hear a diffrence.
Guildenstern is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
svtfast
Captain
 
svtfast's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Space/Coral
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Gordon, GA

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A. View Post
I feel your pain!!!! I'm a DJ and can't listen to my mixes from the CD player in my car.When I got my new '09 E90 and played back a mixed cd I thought that there was a problem with the CD but it was the CD player the one that makes the pause....I think because the CD palyer is also MP3 palyer is designed to make the pause....the best thing for you to do is to get an IPOD and forget about using the CD palyer....

I have the IPOD adapter and that is how I play back my mixed CD's.....

I can't belive that we bought "SPORT LUXURY" cars and can't play back a mixed CD!!!!!

good luck and again if you don't have it get the IPOD interface you will love it!!!!!

Do you burn your mixes as mixes on individual files? I play DJ mixes all the time but they are mixes, not invidual songs. Convert the mixes to MP3 and put on a flash stick, problem solved.
svtfast is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
.:bHd:.
Major
 
.:bHd:.'s Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal

Posts: 1,149
iTrader: (0)

I think it's from the way you guys burn your CDs. All of my mixes are none stop and go without pauses between tracks
__________________

.:bHd:. is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,092
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
I think it's from the way you guys burn your CDs. All of my mixes are none stop and go without pauses between tracks
I think so too... somewhere in that burned CD the songs are tagged individually as tracks, although it is supposed to be "continuous".

The only way for the OEM CD player to know when to skip is by reading the CD and getting that tag. I have burned a song that is 13 minutes long but only 4 minutes is actually music in a CD and the sucker play 9 minutes in silence without skipping.
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Bye Bye GTI
Private First Class
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Alberta

Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

I can confirm that this is an issue with the 08+ head units. I have alot of store bought DJ mixed CD's that don't play properly in the car. I contacted BMW canada about it and showed them a video of the error. They acknowledged it and said that they were sending a copy of the email to R&D in germany.

They considered it a minor problem and didn't know if or when it would be fixed. Hearing that is happening with the 09 radio's means that they didn't put the effort into an update.

Its sad when a cheap radio can play gapless audio and my 50K BMW can not. At the end of the day I recommend putting your music on a USB as the audio quality is better vs the IPOD.
Bye Bye GTI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

There are music people out there who still use CDs? WHY?!

I've had a CD in my car one time, and that was just to make sure the thing worked. The iPod is so much better I just can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of burning CDs and keeping them in the car.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
 
InsaneSkippy's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,598
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
There are music people out there who still use CDs? WHY?!

I've had a CD in my car one time, and that was just to make sure the thing worked. The iPod is so much better I just can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of burning CDs and keeping them in the car.
Same here, I've only tried the CD player once, rest has been iPod.





CDs just add clutter to the interior. I don't even know where you could put a CD case in this car. I suppose you could get one of those cool things that goes on the sun visor
__________________

InsaneSkippy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
 
tHegeRm's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GG

Posts: 309
iTrader: (3)

Burn your cd's for gapless playback (itunes has an option) problem solved.
tHegeRm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST