BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #23
ad78
Yr1OfD1
 
ad78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 814
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to ad78
im making a research from other thread like 335i and folks using RD's throwing error code on their iDrive. so these EFX are not RD's!
i drove again the X5 and my iDrive is so quiet lol.
again also on 135i no problem at all
ad78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
SpacE82
Major
 
SpacE82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,311
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad78 View Post
im making a research from other thread like 335i and folks using RD's throwing error code on their iDrive. so these EFX are not RD's!
i drove again the X5 and my iDrive is so quiet lol.
again also on 135i no problem at all
any close up/night pics yet? no rush or anything...just hurry hahaha jk
SpacE82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #25
ichiban
Colonel
 
ichiban's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,012
iTrader: (2)

looks like we found what we've been looking for.
ichiban is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #26
Alec693
BMWholic
 
Alec693's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 128i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Alec693 Send a message via MSN to Alec693 Send a message via Skype™ to Alec693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
hH3 are for the cornering bulb.
By cornering lights/bulbs you mean the turn signal indicators?
Alec693 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #27
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
 
MadMan77's Avatar
 
Drives: JB '08 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mildenhall, UK

Posts: 1,875
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec693 View Post
By cornering lights/bulbs you mean the turn signal indicators?
Cornering light are the inner lights (nearest the grill) on the headlight assembly. They only turn on when you turn on your turn signal (briefly) and when you turn the steering wheel enough to warrant them to do so. It is supposed to light up the road better in a turn.
__________________
MadMan77 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
ad78
Yr1OfD1
 
ad78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 814
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to ad78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
any close up/night pics yet? no rush or anything...just hurry hahaha jk
my goodness! what do you think on daylight pics? what kind of proof do you want?

again, they dont dim even xenon's are ON. oh probably the color match?
they are like 5800K to 6000K ish
ad78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #29
1013mm
aka 1013MM
 
1013mm's Avatar
 
Drives: pokingly flush
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles / HK

Posts: 9,445
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 135i  [4.13]
Send a message via AIM to 1013mm Send a message via MSN to 1013mm Send a message via Skype™ to 1013mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Cornering light are the inner lights (nearest the grill) on the headlight assembly. They only turn on when you turn on your turn signal (briefly) and when you turn the steering wheel enough to warrant them to do so. It is supposed to light up the road better in a turn.
yep.
__________________
1013mm is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #30
SpacE82
Major
 
SpacE82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,311
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad78 View Post
my goodness! what do you think on daylight pics? what kind of proof do you want?

again, they dont dim even xenon's are ON. oh probably the color match?
they are like 5800K to 6000K ish
Haha I'm placing my order right now, I was just curious to see what the color was like. Lol you gave us enough proof, they are just so beautiful we just want to see more of them
SpacE82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #31
SpacE82
Major
 
SpacE82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,311
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
So I placed an order last night for the lights, and after I placed the order and the payment, I saw that the shipping address was my OLD address still. I'm not sure how ebay works because I've rarely used it. I changed my address to the new address and sent an email including the new address with my color preference to the "seller" but I didn't got a response yet and I got an email confirming my order, and its going to be shipped and its going to my old address. I called their toll free number and they said they will make the note if they havn't gone out already. My question is, should I be concerned?? lol
SpacE82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
Alec693
BMWholic
 
Alec693's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 128i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Alec693 Send a message via MSN to Alec693 Send a message via Skype™ to Alec693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
So I placed an order last night for the lights, and after I placed the order and the payment, I saw that the shipping address was my OLD address still. I'm not sure how ebay works because I've rarely used it. I changed my address to the new address and sent an email including the new address with my color preference to the "seller" but I didn't got a response yet and I got an email confirming my order, and its going to be shipped and its going to my old address. I called their toll free number and they said they will make the note if they havn't gone out already. My question is, should I be concerned?? lol
Well if their answer is no concerning changing the address then yes you should be concerned, make sure you stake out your old address for that package or just let the current resident(s) know.
Alec693 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #33
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
 
tHegeRm's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GG

Posts: 309
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad78 View Post
here are the pics. sorry im an idiot on photography. taken at nikon D40 auto mode
i forgot to take pic with MTEC (it was cold outside). but definitely they are VERY MUCH brighter than MTEC,GP and even the OEM bulb.
Thank You. *bows*
tHegeRm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #34
Impulse
BMW ONE
 
Impulse's Avatar
 
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New England

Posts: 630
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
wow looks good
__________________
135i - Alpine White - Black Leatherette - 6-Speed - Sport Package - Aluminum trim - 6FL
Impulse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #35
SpacE82
Major
 
SpacE82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,311
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec693 View Post
Well if their answer is no concerning changing the address then yes you should be concerned, make sure you stake out your old address for that package or just let the current resident(s) know.
Yeah, he said he the lights didn't go out and he changed it. So its all good.

Last edited by SpacE82; 04-13-2009 at 07:33 PM.
SpacE82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #36
driftdriven
Captain
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 888
iTrader: (0)

What color did you get? Blue or white?
driftdriven is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #37
scorcherjf
Captain
 
scorcherjf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ

Posts: 769
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
So I placed an order last night for the lights, and after I placed the order and the payment, I saw that the shipping address was my OLD address still. I'm not sure how ebay works because I've rarely used it. I changed my address to the new address and sent an email including the new address with my color preference to the "seller" but I didn't got a response yet and I got an email confirming my order, and its going to be shipped and its going to my old address. I called their toll free number and they said they will make the note if they havn't gone out already. My question is, should I be concerned?? lol
Wow I had the exact same problem! I sent them a message on ebay right after I noticed and I got no response. I emailed them a few hours later and they email me back saying I should call. This was at the end of the day so I call the next day and the guy I talked to seemed relatively uninterested and told me my order would've shipped out by now. I asked him what the hell I was supposed to do since I don't live at that address anymore. He then talks to someone else for a few seconds and says he found my order and it hasn't shipped, so he'll correct the address.

So hopefully it arrives at my right address. We'll see!
scorcherjf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #38
Cab5er
Colonel
 
Cab5er's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 & 07 TL
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Hainan

Posts: 2,338
iTrader: (22)

Finally a good LED solution for the AEs.
__________________

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Cab5er is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #39
SpacE82
Major
 
SpacE82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,311
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftdriven View Post
What color did you get? Blue or white?
I got the Xenon White. Hopefully it matches the HID headlights. I think it should right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
Wow I had the exact same problem! I sent them a message on ebay right after I noticed and I got no response. I emailed them a few hours later and they email me back saying I should call. This was at the end of the day so I call the next day and the guy I talked to seemed relatively uninterested and told me my order would've shipped out by now. I asked him what the hell I was supposed to do since I don't live at that address anymore. He then talks to someone else for a few seconds and says he found my order and it hasn't shipped, so he'll correct the address.

So hopefully it arrives at my right address. We'll see!
Yeah, I sent an ebay message and got no response and sent an email and got no response. So I called the next morning and talked to Mike and he said he would make the change as long as the order hadn't gone out yet. I was thinking to myself, "OK, but how will I know..." So I called later that day and spoke to Mike and asked if he was able to make the change and he said he was able to catch it before it went out and he made the change, so we'll see. I should be getting them in the next couple days.
SpacE82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #40
new2the3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
new2the3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego

Posts: 1,727
iTrader: (0)

How hard/easy is the install?
__________________
2009 135i: AW/CR Aluminum Trim, 6 speed, M-Sport, Premium, Heated Seats, Ipod, BMW Performance Pedals, BMW Performance SSK, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMW Performance Grills E93 M3 FSB
new2the3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #41
1013mm
aka 1013MM
 
1013mm's Avatar
 
Drives: pokingly flush
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles / HK

Posts: 9,445
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 135i  [4.13]
Send a message via AIM to 1013mm Send a message via MSN to 1013mm Send a message via Skype™ to 1013mm
its like changing the H8 bulbs theres a DIY on it....
__________________
1013mm is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #42
LemansE82
Formally known as xXxMLEExXx.
 
LemansE82's Avatar
 
Drives: Lemans E82
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: N. New Jersey

Posts: 653
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad78 View Post
lol the X5 yesterday like 6pm incoming cars i noticed mostly they are looking the halo's
Do you by chance have a pic of the actual unit?
I've seen pic on ebay, but it only shows the bulb.
I'm sure there's more parts to it.
__________________
My 1 borned on 03/26/09
On the ship...eta NJ 04/16.
Picked up 04/24/09
LemansE82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #43
rocketpop
Captain
 
rocketpop's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Home

Posts: 815
iTrader: (0)

WOW!!! They are brighter then my GP but not sure if its worth the extra $100+ to me personally. Looks very good though.


Nevermind, I saw some ebay for $70. Thats not too bad.
__________________

Last edited by rocketpop; 04-15-2009 at 12:19 PM.
rocketpop is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #44
gsr18
THE ONE
 
gsr18's Avatar
 
Drives: Integra, 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: socal

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

For the others that have bought these led H8's, please post pics and comments when you get them.
gsr18 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST