E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I'm trying to order with sterling gray metallic

07-25-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Atrain
Rep
Drives: '00, 323i

I'm trying to order with sterling gray metallic

So far I am not impressed with any of the colors that are offered. SG and Arctic both seem opalecent in direct sunlight. I asked my salesguy if I could build with sterling gray metallic which to my knowledge you can only get on the 7. Has anyone else tried to order with a color that is not standard? We're you successful and if so how much did they charge?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

from what i gother you can but expect to pay almost $4k for it!! I read that somewhere here or on another forum. Not worth it for paint, i think that the colors are different and tend to go with the future trend of colors, they do al ton of research on this, i feel all cars will have the same shades etc, very soon. I see the trend in Audi as well with some of the new colors they are offering! good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Yes, custom colors (meaning colors available on other models) are usually available, but not always right away, and usually for a very high price premium. ($2-$4K usually). It probably has to do with cost to set up the paint booth with a non-standard color. They may have to ship it in from a whole other factory depending on what factory the car is made in.
Appreciate 0