BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
marvinp
First Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
358
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Montego Blue 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Year One of the 1...on 2009 models?

Today I was at the dealer finalizing papers for my 135i. I checked out one of their 135i's again and noticed it had "Year One of the 1" around the Start|Stop button. So I figured it was a 2008 model year car. But nope, it was a 2009 model year car. Isn't that strange? Does anyone here have a 2009 MY with "Year One of the 1?"
__________________
Montego blue BMW 135i with black interior, Sports Package, BMW Assist, and Comfort Access.

Ordered: 6/1/2009 | Built: 6/11/2009 | Shipped: 6/25/2009 | PCD: 7/27/2009
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,073
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

It was for the first year of production not the first model year. All MY 2009s with a build date of before March have Year 1 of the 1.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
marvinp
First Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
358
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Montego Blue 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Oh ok, that makes sense. Thanks!
__________________
Montego blue BMW 135i with black interior, Sports Package, BMW Assist, and Comfort Access.

Ordered: 6/1/2009 | Built: 6/11/2009 | Shipped: 6/25/2009 | PCD: 7/27/2009
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #4
bimmerboy
Captain
bimmerboy's Avatar
7
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I love seeing this question every other day.
__________________
--2009 BSM 135i--
-Manual, Sport Package, BMW Assist
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
MOCKBA
Captain
MOCKBA's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
867
Posts

 
Drives: 135 convertible
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SFBA

iTrader: (0)

Somebody reported seeing them on 09 production vehicles. So I guess BMW had enough supply for more than one year of production.
__________________

135i/cabrio/p/s/c
MediaChest is iTunesLess way of iPod managing
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
Evice
Major
Evice's Avatar
24
Rep
1,432
Posts

 
Drives: BSM 128i M-sport and '98 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere here

iTrader: (1)

I got my car after march cutoff, don't have the cool ring (((
__________________
-- '09 BSM 128i - '98 E36 M3 - BMWCR IS #718
BMWCCA Instructor & 2013,2014 BMWCR I-Sport National Champion.
http://www.youtube.com/alisalih
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #7
zamm3k
Bla!
zamm3k's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
831
Posts

 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
It was for the first year of production not the first model year. All MY 2009s with a build date of before March have Year 1 of the 1.
you mean March 2009 or March 2008? My 1er is a Sept. 2008 Build date, 2009 car, and I have the ring.
__________________
:.-. KW .-. RPi .-. SUPERSPRINT .-. MACHT SCHNELL .-. VOSSEN .-. VREDESTEIN .-.:

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,073
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
you mean March 2009 or March 2008? My 1er is a Sept. 2008 Build date, 2009 car, and I have the ring.
March 2008 is when production began...thus the start of year 1. Year 1 ended in March 2009. Any car built between those dates has Year 1 of the 1 in the besel of the start button.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
Monterra
Captain
Monterra's Avatar
8
Rep
617
Posts

 
Drives: 09 128i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: HVNY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
March 2008 is when production began...thus the start of year 1. Year 1 ended in March 2009. Any car built between those dates has Year 1 of the 1 in the besel of the start button.
Nope, here's the deal and I have to say I'm pretty much the authority on this one

The Year one of the 1 bezel went through calendar year 2008, so if your car was built before 12/31/08, you got everything included with year 1. If you have a 2009 car that was built after 12/31/08 but before 1/31/09 you didn't get the bezel but (I believe all of you) still got the commemorative. If, like me your car was built the first week of Feb09 or later, well you unfortunately got nothing relating to year 1 as production started Feb 08 apparently, not March. If anyone has experienced something other than what I've stated above I'd be shocked but definitely would like to hear about it...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
xxSpudxx
Private
1
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodbridge, VA

iTrader: (0)

pix??
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
Monterra
Captain
Monterra's Avatar
8
Rep
617
Posts

 
Drives: 09 128i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: HVNY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSpudxx View Post
pix??
wha?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
xxSpudxx
Private
1
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodbridge, VA

iTrader: (0)

Pix of the year one message around the start button. never seen it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #13
UF135i
Private
1
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW/CR 135i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

My car was built in Jan '09, and I didn't get the bezel. I believe I could fight to get it though, because the commemorative package says I should have gotten it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
Monterra
Captain
Monterra's Avatar
8
Rep
617
Posts

 
Drives: 09 128i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: HVNY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF135i View Post
My car was built in Jan '09, and I didn't get the bezel. I believe I could fight to get it though, because the commemorative package says I should have gotten it.
I'm envious of the Jan09 builds for that exact reason. Dragged my feet a little on the order- actually my employer dragged his feet on my bonus as I recall. Upshot: I ordered, and weeks later found out about the 2 free payment deal. Was the commemorative worth the ~1100 taken off my principle on the loan? I've seen the book (actually sifted through book #00001 believe it or not) and I'm going to say no. I was disappointed though because I thought I was still getting it. Turns out I ordered a few days, not weeks too late oh well...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
UF135i
Private
1
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW/CR 135i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
I'm envious of the Jan09 builds for that exact reason. Dragged my feet a little on the order- actually my employer dragged his feet on my bonus as I recall. Upshot: I ordered, and weeks later found out about the 2 free payment deal. Was the commemorative worth the ~1100 taken off my principle on the loan? I've seen the book (actually sifted through book #00001 believe it or not) and I'm going to say no. I was disappointed though because I thought I was still getting it. Turns out I ordered a few days, not weeks too late oh well...
I was able to secure 2008 calendar year pricing yet took advantage of the 2 free payments deal from early 2009.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #16
Monterra
Captain
Monterra's Avatar
8
Rep
617
Posts

 
Drives: 09 128i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: HVNY

iTrader: (0)

Now you're just rubbing it in. Don't forget about the sales tax deduction too, I'm in for about a 900 savings on my 2010 tax bill

Last edited by Monterra; 07-03-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
UF135i
Private
1
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW/CR 135i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
Now you're just rubbing it in. Don't forget about the sales tax deduction too, I'm in for about a 900 savings on my 2010 tax bill
Oh yea... it just keeps adding up
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST