BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
klynch06
Neophyte
klynch06's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: 09 128 Conv
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boston (North)

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to klynch06
Car Wash?

I am sure I am going to get some grief for this... : /

I have owned my 1er for 3 months now and she has not been washed yet.

Anyone have any recommendations for a car wash or detail person?

Half of my fear has been I don’t' have accommodations to wash her at home and I am afraid to bring her to a carwash.

Any advice would be appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Lester
Colonel
35
Rep
2,885
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch06 View Post
I am sure I am going to get some grief for this... : /

I have owned my 1er for 3 months now and she has not been washed yet.

Anyone have any recommendations for a car wash or detail person?

Half of my fear has been I donít' have accommodations to wash her at home and I am afraid to bring her to a carwash.

Any advice would be appreciated!!
Search out a good detailing shop in your area, and have it detailed and paint protected. Expect to pay a few hundred dollars, but it will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Rickrack
Private
Rickrack's Avatar
3
Rep
91
Posts

 
Drives: 03' Corvette Z06, 99' Bmw 540i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MA / NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch06 View Post
I am sure I am going to get some grief for this... : /

I have owned my 1er for 3 months now and she has not been washed yet.

Anyone have any recommendations for a car wash or detail person?

Half of my fear has been I donít' have accommodations to wash her at home and I am afraid to bring her to a carwash.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Your decision not to bring it to a carwash is very smart! They typically do more damage than good...

I am the owner of Unique Car Care and would be happy to wash/detail your 1-Series for you. I am located in Wakefield, MA, which is about 15-20 minutes north of Boston. Where are you located?

Feel free to search my username on 1addicts, E90post or M3post to see some of my past work. Drop me a PM if you are interested in setting something up.

~Rick
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
Rachel's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,128
Posts

 
Drives: better than the boys ;)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Westford, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickrack View Post
Your decision not to bring it to a carwash is very smart! They typically do more damage than good...

I am the owner of Unique Car Care and would be happy to wash/detail your 1-Series for you. I am located in Wakefield, MA, which is about 15-20 minutes north of Boston. Where are you located?

Feel free to search my username on 1addicts, E90post or M3post to see some of my past work. Drop me a PM if you are interested in setting something up.

~Rick
You should see the amazing work he did on a badly damaged black 128. Beautiful!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
Bdh821
Major
16
Rep
1,261
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive, 2012 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Bdh821
wash it at my house?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
klynch06
Neophyte
klynch06's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: 09 128 Conv
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boston (North)

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to klynch06
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, Rick I am in Reading so Wakefield is pretty close to me. I will send you a PM for more details.

Bdh821, I would be happy to use your house next time, Thanks!!


Keith
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
Rickrack
Private
Rickrack's Avatar
3
Rep
91
Posts

 
Drives: 03' Corvette Z06, 99' Bmw 540i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MA / NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch06 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, Rick I am in Reading so Wakefield is pretty close to me. I will send you a PM for more details.

Bdh821, I would be happy to use your house next time, Thanks!!


Keith
Keith,

I sent you a PM with my contact info...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
Bdh821
Major
16
Rep
1,261
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive, 2012 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Bdh821
Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch06 View Post

Bdh821, I would be happy to use your house next time, Thanks!!


Keith
Anytime! Let me know
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
and 1
winter mode
and 1's Avatar
Italy
28
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somerville, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [3.75]
definitely don't let your 1 go anywhere near a commercial car wash, unless it's touchless. aside from the cheap, wax stripping detergents they usually use, you have no idea what kinda dirt covered soccer mom SUV went through before you
__________________
88 M3: BMWCCA J Sport
08 135: because streetcar

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #10
LeoHammer
Private First Class
1
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to LeoHammer
I have owned mine for over a year and have only washed it 2 times, I don't drive it during the winter months but it seems I still don't wash mine enough?
__________________
keep both hands on the wheel please.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
and 1
winter mode
and 1's Avatar
Italy
28
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somerville, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoHammer View Post
I have owned mine for over a year and have only washed it 2 times, I don't drive it during the winter months but it seems I still don't wash mine enough?
twice in a year??? i'm probably not a fair judge cuz i wash mine almost weekly, but unless you drive your car in a bubble, i dunno how you could go so long
__________________
88 M3: BMWCCA J Sport
08 135: because streetcar

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #12
LeoHammer
Private First Class
1
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to LeoHammer
no bublle...but the first time i washed it, it stayed clean for a few hours, then it was covered in brake dust... its white, I just gave up... looks cooler when its all dirty anyways
__________________
keep both hands on the wheel please.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #13
and 1
winter mode
and 1's Avatar
Italy
28
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somerville, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoHammer View Post
no bublle...but the first time i washed it, it stayed clean for a few hours, then it was covered in brake dust... its white, I just gave up... looks cooler when its all dirty anyways
hahaha you should talk to amy
__________________
88 M3: BMWCCA J Sport
08 135: because streetcar

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
amybang
... and Orca too!
amybang's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
842
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Belmont, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by and 1 View Post
hahaha you should talk to amy
Oh, Mike, I need you to come over....

amy!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
and 1
winter mode
and 1's Avatar
Italy
28
Rep
2,058
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somerville, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [3.75]
i'm just finishing my end-of-summer detail today, actually. my arm might need a couple days to recover!
__________________
88 M3: BMWCCA J Sport
08 135: because streetcar

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST