BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #23
Victory Road
Major
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,323
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Purchased a set too! Can't wait til next week for all the goodies!!!!
Thanks for the order!
Victory Road is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #24
Johan@WSTO
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW E89 Z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,117
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Johan@WSTO Send a message via Skype™ to Johan@WSTO
Please give us a call at 312-730-7767 for more information. Thank you for your support
__________________
Johan@WSTO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #25
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
 
Simon_135i's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

Posts: 2,002
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Simon_135i Send a message via MSN to Simon_135i
I just want to say, the looks is DAMN GOOD! Super aggressive, how would I know? I was pulled over coming back from my exhaust install (long story) and was pulled over by you know who for my tints. Anyways, ended up with a warning (More of a watch up for other you know who) and then some praise for how aggressive my wheels look. LOL
Simon_135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #26
Johan@WSTO
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW E89 Z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,117
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Johan@WSTO Send a message via Skype™ to Johan@WSTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
I just want to say, the looks is DAMN GOOD! Super aggressive, how would I know? I was pulled over coming back from my exhaust install (long story) and was pulled over by you know who for my tints. Anyways, ended up with a warning (More of a watch up for other you know who) and then some praise for how aggressive my wheels look. LOL
glad to hear that you like them
Thank you always for your support!
__________________
Johan@WSTO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #27
Si-335d
Major
 
Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England

Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (0)

Why only 10mm on the rears ?

What RFT's are available that are wider than stock for the 135i ? Also, how much difference will it make to speed readings ?

I need to more grip on the reas as they slip too easily
__________________
335d MSport Coupe LCI, Titanium Silver:- 19" Apex EC-7's (8.5j ET35/9.5j ET33), DAB, Memory Seats, Prof Sat Nav, Sunroof, BMW Perf Carbon Fibre:- Boot Spoiler, Mirrors & Front Lip Splitter, SSDD Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, Roof Spoiler, Black Kidney Grills, Red Calpiers, CKS Custom Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, ITG Air Filter, Sprint Booster, DMS 380BHP / 600 Ft lbs Remap, Quaife LSD, Weicher front & rear strut brace, Forge charge pipe

Last edited by Si-335d; 03-15-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Si-335d is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #28
Ryan@IND
 
Ryan@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
the 18 + 10 combo is for the stock wheels.
we find that this is the perfect "hassle free" combo.

We have other widths too, if you'd like.

If you want more grip, i highly recommend going a non-RFT route.
Even with the same width, you get so much more grip, with tires like RE-11, Direzza Star spec, T1R, and many more.
Ryan@IND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 02:46 AM   #29
Si-335d
Major
 
Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England

Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius@WSTO View Post
the 18 + 10 combo is for the stock wheels.
we find that this is the perfect "hassle free" combo.

We have other widths too, if you'd like.

If you want more grip, i highly recommend going a non-RFT route.
Even with the same width, you get so much more grip, with tires like RE-11, Direzza Star spec, T1R, and many more.
I'm worried about getting a puncture and not having a spare

Any better run flat options or wider ones that will fit ?

Also the RAD wheel locks you mentioned.....How much and do you supply them too ?

On a side note, what is the torque setting for the wheels ? and is it different with spacers ?
__________________
335d MSport Coupe LCI, Titanium Silver:- 19" Apex EC-7's (8.5j ET35/9.5j ET33), DAB, Memory Seats, Prof Sat Nav, Sunroof, BMW Perf Carbon Fibre:- Boot Spoiler, Mirrors & Front Lip Splitter, SSDD Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, Roof Spoiler, Black Kidney Grills, Red Calpiers, CKS Custom Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, ITG Air Filter, Sprint Booster, DMS 380BHP / 600 Ft lbs Remap, Quaife LSD, Weicher front & rear strut brace, Forge charge pipe
Si-335d is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #30
Ryan@IND
 
Ryan@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
I'm worried about getting a puncture and not having a spare

Any better run flat options or wider ones that will fit ?

Also the RAD wheel locks you mentioned.....How much and do you supply them too ?

On a side note, what is the torque setting for the wheels ? and is it different with spacers ?
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any good RFT options.

the RAD locks and bolts come in different lengths if needed. standard for BMW that we sell is 26mm and we do have them in stock.

the torque setting is the same regardless of wheel or spacers.
we usually set them at 90 ftlbs.
Ryan@IND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #31
Johan@WSTO
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW E89 Z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,117
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Johan@WSTO Send a message via Skype™ to Johan@WSTO
Feel free to give us a call at 312-730-7767 to place an order or for more information.
__________________
Johan@WSTO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #32
Castr_85M
Captain
 
Castr_85M's Avatar
 
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 947
iTrader: (7)

I'll be jumping on these soon. Quick question, what color is that on the wheels? Black or gunmetal. I'm thinking of going with a gloss black on my AW with these spacers.
Castr_85M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #33
Johan@WSTO
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW E89 Z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,117
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Johan@WSTO Send a message via Skype™ to Johan@WSTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
I'll be jumping on these soon. Quick question, what color is that on the wheels? Black or gunmetal. I'm thinking of going with a gloss black on my AW with these spacers.
It's matte black powder coat + 10% gloss finish on it. The spacers are matte black finish so it would be a perfect combo
__________________
Johan@WSTO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #34
Frack
Euro Member
 
Drives: SGM e46 M
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC by M3 Bus stop

Posts: 418
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 BMW 328  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [5.00]
2009 128i  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Frack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdh821 View Post
I'm running 235F 255R will they rub with these spacers?

I couldn't find a straight up answer to this one so I decided to test it out for myself.
I'm running 261M wrapped in Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
F 225/40ZR/18 R 255/35ZR/18 and I just installed 18mm F 10mm R
I like the way it looks however after 8 miles of city driving spacers go off the car tomorrow. I was experiencing rubbing in every sharp turn, on bumpy roads not as much but every body roll was scraping my new rubbers.
__________________
SGM e46 M
Frack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #35
Ryan@IND
 
Ryan@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaVinci View Post
I couldn't find a straight up answer to this one so I decided to test it out for myself.
I'm running 261M wrapped in Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
F 225/40ZR/18 R 255/35ZR/18 and I just installed 18mm F 10mm R
I like the way it looks however after 8 miles of city driving spacers go off the car tomorrow. I was experiencing rubbing in every sharp turn, on bumpy roads not as much but every body roll was scraping my new rubbers.
Thanks for letting us know. Everyone can benefit from information like this.
we designed the 18+10 set up for the stock wheels.

Also, the dunlop direzza sport Z1 star spec do run a little wide too.

I think that you might be able to run something like 15+10 or 12+10!~
Ryan@IND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2010, 03:56 AM   #36
Johan@WSTO
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW E89 Z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,117
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Johan@WSTO Send a message via Skype™ to Johan@WSTO
Please feel free to give us a call at 312-730-7767 for more information
__________________
Johan@WSTO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2010, 07:16 AM   #37
SiN55
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i N55
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Croatia

Posts: 262
iTrader: (0)

What is the benefit from this setup, 18 front and 10 rear? Thanks!
SiN55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #38
Victory Road
Major
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,323
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN55 View Post
What is the benefit from this setup, 18 front and 10 rear? Thanks!
A more aggressive stance and a wider track for better hanlding. We also know that this setup will not rub on a stock wheel and tire setup.
Victory Road is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #39
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,849
iTrader: (0)

Lol at your video wsto. I see that out led strip on your taillight.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #40
Ryan@IND
 
Ryan@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
This package is still available, and we still have no reports of rubbing!

http://www.wstoshop.com/servlet/the-...ls-18mm/Detail
Ryan@IND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #41
Ilma
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

Posts: 2,546
iTrader: (0)

I am very interested in getting spacers for my stock rims on the 135i, but I swapped the stock runflats for Yokohama S-drives.

Same tire specs as stock at 215-40-18 F and 245-35-18 R, but they do appear to be wider due to squarer shoulders.

Tire Rack specs the section widths and tread widths to be almost identical as the stock Bridgestone RFT's, but I wonder whether the Yoko's will run with your suggested 18mm front and 10mm rear spacers.

The poster with the Dunlop Direzza's indicated he rubbed, but his tires were 225F and 255R.....which are about 1/4 inch or 5-6mm wider.

Any experience from customers with the Yokohama's on this setup?
Ilma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #42
Bdh821
Major
 
Drives: 08 Montego 135i, 06 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 1,260
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Bdh821
Im running Direzza Star Specs 235/255 with stock everything else. I want these but wish they weren't as thick so I wouldn't rub. Any possibility for thinner spacers for people like us?
Bdh821 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #43
Victory Road
Major
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,323
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
I am very interested in getting spacers for my stock rims on the 135i, but I swapped the stock runflats for Yokohama S-drives.

Same tire specs as stock at 215-40-18 F and 245-35-18 R, but they do appear to be wider due to squarer shoulders.

Tire Rack specs the section widths and tread widths to be almost identical as the stock Bridgestone RFT's, but I wonder whether the Yoko's will run with your suggested 18mm front and 10mm rear spacers.

The poster with the Dunlop Direzza's indicated he rubbed, but his tires were 225F and 255R.....which are about 1/4 inch or 5-6mm wider.

Any experience from customers with the Yokohama's on this setup?
We unfortunately have not tried these out with the S. Drive tires. However, I do know those tires, and am fairly certain that you will have no rubbing issues as you retained your oem sizing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdh821 View Post
Im running Direzza Star Specs 235/255 with stock everything else. I want these but wish they weren't as thick so I wouldn't rub. Any possibility for thinner spacers for people like us?
We do have other size spacers. You could do a 15mm up front and 10mm out back. Please give me a call if you would like to order. Thanks!
Victory Road is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #44
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA

Posts: 6,262
iTrader: (16)

interested,
does this affect any driving performance? or only appearance purpose?
e90sexion is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST