BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Jason@Renn-Spec
Major
 
Jason@Renn-Spec's Avatar
 
Drives: A POS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Puente, CA

Posts: 1,312
iTrader: (3)

RENN Spec | RPI 135i Quad Exhaust System Group Buy Pricing!!

Hello 1Addicts!
I'd like to introduce the new RPI Quad Exhaust System for the 135i. This system will include a dual to single back to dual setup for the optimal gain on the powerband. The full system retails for $2,995 but for the first 5 buyers, we will do an introductory price of $2,685 shipped in the continental US! We can also do install for local customers and offer OEM replacement diffuser for $120 shipped.

*UPDATE* Every order will now include RPI scoop free of charge. To those that have already ordered, I will go ahead and ship those to you separately.

Videos:



Pictures:








Please PM for any other questions!

Last edited by Jason@Renn-Spec; 11-19-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Jason@Renn-Spec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Schn3ll
Lieutenant
 
Schn3ll's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: La Jolla

Posts: 566
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Looks nice, +40hp seems a little optimistic for a cat-back though...

Can you show a side shot of the car? My concern is the narrow depth of the tip assembly being seen when looking at it from the side.
__________________

Stubby / Custom K&N intake / CDV / ZHP lighted knob / 20%'s
Schn3ll is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Jason@Renn-Spec
Major
 
Jason@Renn-Spec's Avatar
 
Drives: A POS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Puente, CA

Posts: 1,312
iTrader: (3)

Hello,
The gains aren't too far fetched. RPI does alot of R&D into their system to insure the most gains possible.
Jason@Renn-Spec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
 
HondaGoneRogue's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 AW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany

Posts: 3,567
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [4.33]
No way did u gain 40+ HP out of that system. We weren't born yesterday.
__________________

2008 AW 135i, Whats a mod?
HondaGoneRogue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
BimmerSchnitzel
J1V3.455.7URCK3Y
 
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

BimmerSchnitzel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
Feyd
Major
 
Feyd's Avatar
 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,241
iTrader: (2)

It looks like a quality piece, but if you are expecting people to line up to spend $3k, you need to get some much better video's up.
Feyd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
arsenyc
www.SubXcess.com
 
arsenyc's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 135i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 573
iTrader: (1)

Not a fan, not only is the price steep for some scrap metal, but the finished look around where the tips are, is clearly not a grade A job. Sorry guys but I think you should revise/redevelop before you charge that much and expect people to buy. The 135i exhaust market is starting to grow, and quite frankly I would rather spend $2K on an eisenmann exhaust that is well crafted and sounds incredible, or go with something like a Maddad which has great fitment and a great tone for $650. Just my 2 cents and I am sure many of us 1'er owners agree.
__________________
arsenyc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #8
Drew1
Enlisted Member
 
Drew1's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: los angeles

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

the tips look like they stick out of the diffuser too much. IMO
Drew1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 02:28 AM   #9
supracg
Banned
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: potomac

Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

looks good and sounds good to me, its expensive for axleback though but i dont think it is, is it DP back or full? That could better explain those gains..
supracg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
deamon32
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa

Posts: 392
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1 View Post
the tips look like they stick out of the diffuser too much. IMO
+1

A side shot would help a lot
__________________
LeMans 135i ///M-sport 6MT
deamon32 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
Jason@Renn-Spec
Major
 
Jason@Renn-Spec's Avatar
 
Drives: A POS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Puente, CA

Posts: 1,312
iTrader: (3)

The pictures are just prototypes for now. RPI will be using the standard full stainless for the system. Again, the dyno already has showing the gain but for the locals that are non-believers, head down to RPI and take a test drive.
Jason@Renn-Spec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
deamon32
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa

Posts: 392
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Renn-Spec View Post
The pictures are just prototypes for now. RPI will be using the standard full stainless for the system. Again, the dyno already has showing the gain but for the locals that are non-believers, head down to RPI and take a test drive.
Test drive and dynos are two separate things, and no one is going to buy those above dynos because they are a bunch of BS.

If you really stand behind those dynos and want to prove to the public they are real I suggest offering a deal on an exhaust for someone who can provide independent before and after dynos.

I have to admit its a good looking system and seems like quality work, but no customer likes to the BS and it seems like a pretty common thing around here by some of the vendors. Not saying you are one of those vendors but you are going to need to show some additional dynos if you want people to believe the exhaust system on a stock 135i has 40+ WHP gains max.
__________________
LeMans 135i ///M-sport 6MT
deamon32 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
kirby135i
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: here

Posts: 508
iTrader: (1)

esp considering downpipes are netting 20-30hp and that is the most restrictive part on these cars.
kirby135i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
Jason@Renn-Spec
Major
 
Jason@Renn-Spec's Avatar
 
Drives: A POS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Puente, CA

Posts: 1,312
iTrader: (3)

I'm sure RPI is willing to do that with a potential customer!
Jason@Renn-Spec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
RPIpower
Captain
 
Drives: 135i, 996tt, e60 M5, tundra
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 669
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenyc View Post
Not a fan, not only is the price steep for some scrap metal, but the finished look around where the tips are, is clearly not a grade A job. Sorry guys but I think you should revise/redevelop before you charge that much and expect people to buy. The 135i exhaust market is starting to grow, and quite frankly I would rather spend $2K on an eisenmann exhaust that is well crafted and sounds incredible, or go with something like a Maddad which has great fitment and a great tone for $650. Just my 2 cents and I am sure many of us 1'er owners agree.
There is a reason RPi exhausts are shipped to Germany. You really cant compare the quality. What you see is a prototype so saying the finish quality is not up to par is correct because its not even finished. lol. Its a prototype. Why should we finish it if its not going to make power? The power comes first, THEN we finish it. Three of these systems were sold today to the BMW dealership.
RPIpower is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #16
RPIpower
Captain
 
Drives: 135i, 996tt, e60 M5, tundra
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 669
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
Test drive and dynos are two separate things, and no one is going to buy those above dynos because they are a bunch of BS.

If you really stand behind those dynos and want to prove to the public they are real I suggest offering a deal on an exhaust for someone who can provide independent before and after dynos.

I have to admit its a good looking system and seems like quality work, but no customer likes to the BS and it seems like a pretty common thing around here by some of the vendors. Not saying you are one of those vendors but you are going to need to show some additional dynos if you want people to believe the exhaust system on a stock 135i has 40+ WHP gains max.
Youre in costa mesa. COme on over see for yourself.
RPIpower is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #17
deamon32
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa

Posts: 392
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
Youre in costa mesa. COme on over see for yourself.
I may do that to check out the sound and quality since I am in the market for an exhaust. But I really have no reason to doubt that this is going to be an awesome high quality exhaust (until proven otherwise) but I just don't buy the dynos until I can see multiple runs with similar gains or even better some independent dynos from a customer.

Either way I'm subscribed to the thread and if they dyno results are even close to realistic then you guys have one beast of an exhaust and I will for sure get one.
__________________
LeMans 135i ///M-sport 6MT
deamon32 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #18
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
 
HondaGoneRogue's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 AW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany

Posts: 3,567
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [4.33]
There is NO WAY to get 40HP out of an exhaust system. PERIOD. You guys are smoking rocks.
__________________

2008 AW 135i, Whats a mod?
HondaGoneRogue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #19
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
 
HondaGoneRogue's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 AW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany

Posts: 3,567
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [4.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby135i View Post
esp considering downpipes are netting 20-30hp and that is the most restrictive part on these cars.
And those are catless downpipes! And no way are those legal in Germany. This post reeks. I can't believe that companies even have the audacity to come here and claim this kind of BS. So I can just throw this exhaust on and I'll have 410hp? Because then I can add DP's and get to 430-440hp! Who here has EVER seen 40+HP out of an exhaust system???? I'm done. Read and Heed People.
__________________

2008 AW 135i, Whats a mod?
HondaGoneRogue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
RPIpower
Captain
 
Drives: 135i, 996tt, e60 M5, tundra
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 669
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
I may do that to check out the sound and quality since I am in the market for an exhaust. But I really have no reason to doubt that this is going to be an awesome high quality exhaust (until proven otherwise) but I just don't buy the dynos until I can see multiple runs with similar gains or even better some independent dynos from a customer.

Either way I'm subscribed to the thread and if they dyno results are even close to realistic then you guys have one beast of an exhaust and I will for sure get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
There is NO WAY to get 40HP out of an exhaust system. PERIOD. You guys are smoking rocks.
Either of you want to put money down on this? Either way, I highly suggest doing a google search or some research on the company.

I dynoed the car in 4 different dyno sessions. First time was 41 over stock. Second day was 38 over stock. Third day was 39 over stock and Fourth day was 40 over stock. Come on by if you want to see a 5th as we normally do multiple sessions over a span of time.

Most people are used to riced out modding or buying products from companies that are not aware of how to properly make an exhaust system. Bigger is not better. The bend angle, amount of bends, tubing diameter compared to how much boost and what type of powerband you want has to be considered. I dont care about a dyno queen car. I want my car faster and I really could care less about what others think makes power or not. All I care is that my car is faster than the next person. If you are running no cats in certain areas, the tubing diameter needs to be designed for it. There isnt a "universal" type of exhaust set up you can do. I wanted a flat powerband and thats why the exhaust was designed this way. I dont follow trends or see what others do and think thats gonna work.
RPIpower is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #21
RPIpower
Captain
 
Drives: 135i, 996tt, e60 M5, tundra
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 669
iTrader: (0)

Here are some pics of one of our finished systems. All are made here in the US at one of our warehouses and come with a lifetime warranty. I forgot the memory card for my good camera so I took these pics with a cheap casio point and shoot cam.
















RPIpower is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
deamon32
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Costa Mesa

Posts: 392
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
Come on by if you want to see a 5th as we normally do multiple sessions over a span of time.
Let me know if and when this is planned, Ill be happy to come check it out.
__________________
LeMans 135i ///M-sport 6MT
deamon32 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dual, exhaust, quad, rpi

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST