BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #23
IZAGLO
Mbira
 
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Garage cleaning Brake Dust

Posts: 1,008
iTrader: (3)

BMW's strategy with my experience was to try everything first before replacing the fuel pump...But the truth of the matter is that software, plugs, fuel injectors are NOT gonna fix a faulty pump....the new pump along with the flash( BMW's answer to the problem along with the new HPFP) and the plugs, etc will be the fix, but the pump has to be changed with #43. BMW went to far last month with me on this issue as i had my car in the shop 3 times and FINALLY i threw a HPFP code and they changed it and all is good. My car has its mojo back, is fast , starts every time on the first crank but the experience left me pissed and resentful and i am taking BMW on over this...it's just not right...I still dig my 135i and want to keep it but you can only push us so far before we bite back. The problems with my HPFP started on my 3rd drive....and i no how you felt!!! It's totally un-professional and downright wrong.....in 30 years of driving i never experienced this on a car i just bought...but after 4 years in production the n54 engines are now possibly fixed??? For us and BMW's sake i hope this new fix is the answer and the cat's that have had to deal with this for years now is bizarre!!!!!!!

Lastly....even with this HPFP issue the 135i is a downright pleasure to drive, i LOVE it......trading down to a 128 although nice... will NEVER happen for me.....if anything N55 or M3 used...but never a car with LESS power!! Where is the fun in that.....i am looking at a 2011 Shelby GT though LOL.......

Last edited by IZAGLO; 04-15-2010 at 08:54 PM.
IZAGLO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #24
ianc
Ex '87 Carrera
 
ianc's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 TiAg 6MT 135i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Redwood Shores, California

Posts: 734
iTrader: (0)

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but the title of your thread and the amount of mileage on your car when you picked it up do not agree...

ianc
ianc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #25
kioko12
king kong in the trunk...
 
kioko12's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 169
iTrader: (0)

It seems that even the M3 is having some issues with the engine management or fuel pump, or a combination thereof. What's up with BMW quality control these days? Knock on wood, I haven't had any trouble with my 135i, but it seriously makes me give the brand a second thought for reliability.

Not to jinx myself, but let's say the HPFP on my car dies tomorrow (hopefully not, since I'm leaving on a road trip). I'd probably fix it and then trade it in given the recurring trouble most have had with these things. Question is, what else could one possibly get in the price range of the 135i that would be comparable in terms of power, curb appeal, sophistication / cabin tech, and overall handling? A used Cayman S? Definitely won't go the G37 route. I don't know...I'd be so lost, esp after coming from a Z4 and an MKV R32
kioko12 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #26
RPM90
Major General
 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 6,036
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooos View Post
I mean I love the car i enjoy driving it ive owned and e46 325 vert ive owned a z4. The driving experience with the 135i is just phenomenal its hard to pay attention as to how fast im going. I'm just frustrated with the thing now. I was so excited too. Now all my co workers are like are you sure thats a new car? lol I dont know how to react just frustrated i guess...
It's a known issue.
Take it to the dealer and stop feeling bad about it.

Last edited by RPM90; 04-16-2010 at 01:23 AM.
RPM90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #27
RPM90
Major General
 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 6,036
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooos View Post
Will do I just hope they do it right off the bat and not try to BS me... My dealership is Pacific BMW its filled with a bunch of retards, all they try to do is delay and try to charge me for dum things... I mean ive had the car for 6 days!!! when I bought the car from the they refused to give me a loaner and i had to pay $500 to drive a rental from Hertz which the windshield cracked and i HAD to pay for that as well becuz the insurance on the car wouldn't cover it. If they try the same BS on not giving me a loaner this time im gonna be heated BUT i still love my car
Do you have full coverage auto insurance, I mean at the time of purchasing? Did you cancel your insurance from your other car?
If not, then you should have placed the windshield claim on your insurance. I have State Farm in Indiana. I never get auto rental insurance because my full coverage policy extends to rental cars.

I know it would be good customer service, but why would you expect them to give you a loaner? When you bought the car was it in for service? Why couldn't you take it the day you bought it?
What dumb things did they try to charge for?
RPM90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #28
sooos
Private
 
Drives: 2009 135I ///M Sport
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Do you have full coverage auto insurance, I mean at the time of purchasing? Did you cancel your insurance from your other car?
If not, then you should have placed the windshield claim on your insurance. I have State Farm in Indiana. I never get auto rental insurance because my full coverage policy extends to rental cars.

I know it would be good customer service, but why would you expect them to give you a loaner? When you bought the car was it in for service? Why couldn't you take it the day you bought it?
What dumb things did they try to charge for?
I have full coverage AAA with 500 deductible but the price for fixing the window was 140 bucks. So technically the price for the rental itself was 340 the rest was the windshield my insurance company wont cover 140 bucks and I wouldnt want to go through the hassle of trying to do that. My friend is the manager and I bought a car from them. In the economy I figured for someone paying cash upfront for the car and everything least they could do is offer a loaner just for a few days because i made it clear to them i am not going to have a car. I couldnt take it with me because it was a lease assumption and they were waiting for paperwork to go through so i could get it.
sooos is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #29
RPM90
Major General
 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 6,036
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooos View Post
I have full coverage AAA with 500 deductible but the price for fixing the window was 140 bucks. So technically the price for the rental itself was 340 the rest was the windshield my insurance company wont cover 140 bucks and I wouldnt want to go through the hassle of trying to do that. My friend is the manager and I bought a car from them. In the economy I figured for someone paying cash upfront for the car and everything least they could do is offer a loaner just for a few days because i made it clear to them i am not going to have a car. I couldnt take it with me because it was a lease assumption and they were waiting for paperwork to go through so i could get it.
I see. Yes, that does suck.
If they didn't have the car ready sell, then you're right, a customer service gesture would have been appropriate.

Yes, not all insurance covers the same with regard to windshields.
Some companies actually wave the deductible for windshields, some don't. $140 isn't bad though.
RPM90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #30
sooos
Private
 
Drives: 2009 135I ///M Sport
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I see. Yes, that does suck.
If they didn't have the car ready sell, then you're right, a customer service gesture would have been appropriate.

Yes, not all insurance covers the same with regard to windshields.
Some companies actually wave the deductible for windshields, some don't. $140 isn't bad though.
ya exactly i mean the $140 wasnt to bad i was just bummed cuz i got stuck on the freeway behind a giant dump truck and I heard a pebble hit the car. NEVER imagined it would end up cracking the entire windshield lol... I have had many cars before and have never had it to any that I have owned lol oh well tho...

And ya for the car every time I asked them to give me a loaner they gave me the same response service has them given out to everyone already... I just gave up in the end and picked one up myself.... It's time like these where I wish I still had my beater e30 325i vert... such a fun car
sooos is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fail, hpfp

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST