BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
rkdiddy
Private
Rep
Drives: g35

Question OC Auto Show - Did anyone go?

Just curious how many 1'ers went to the Anaheim show over the weekend? I was there on Sunday rep'in my 1addicts shirt.

I've been going now for the past 7 years and so. It seemed like this year's show was much smaller than past years. The other thing I noticed was there were a lot of dealerships representing the auto manufacturers. Not a huge deal, but one of the reasons I enjoy going to the show is because you can compare all the vehicles side-by-side without being harassed by Salesmen. I was sitting in an IS-F, when a bright eyed Salesman came up to me and asked how I liked the car. I said I really liked it, however I didn't understand why the clock and the shift gate indicators look like they were pulled from the parts bin of a 86 Toyota truck. He responded, "well we were going for the retro look". I started to laugh, but he wasn't joking. He then asked for my contact information so he could send me more information. No thanks!

Another funny story... I was over in Porsche's (my dream car) booth, which was actually Newport Beach Porsche's booth, waiting in line to check out the new Cayenne (which is really nice). I noticed a new 911 in the booth with a sold sticker on it (which struck me as odd). As I waited, I watched a good 6 couples get in and out of the car. Then, I saw a 4 year old girl standing on the front seats jumping on them, while her parents stood outside taking pictures and laughing. If that was my new Porsche I think I would have lost it.

All in all it was still a good time. Interestingly enough the busiest booth was Fords.

Print/Web/Twitter/Facebook Design: www.risencreative.com
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
cali bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i TSM

Yeah I was there on Sunday too. I felt the same as you did about all the dealerships being there. I was approached by many salesmen. It took me a while just to get in to the Porsche area only to have the lady yell at me for trying to get into the back seat of the 911! Hey I was just curious if a 6'2" person could fit back there. Overall the show was okay. Missed my chance to test drive the CTS-V coupe though. I'm very much looking forward to the LA Auto Show
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali bimmer View Post
Yeah I was there on Sunday too. I felt the same as you did about all the dealerships being there. I was approached by many salesmen. It took me a while just to get in to the Porsche area only to have the lady yell at me for trying to get into the back seat of the 911! Hey I was just curious if a 6'2" person could fit back there. Overall the show was okay. Missed my chance to test drive the CTS-V coupe though. I'm very much looking forward to the LA Auto Show
some guy in the neighborhood above me has a black coupe. i see it ripping around all the time. man its crazy.

i skipped this year and will be at the LA auto show
last year OC was disappointing
      10-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
Flight135
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I went a few years ago... it was FAIL IMO the LA Auto Show is faaarrrr better.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

I was there the entire time on Thursday working the BMW booth. It was OK, the orange 458 looked pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
cali bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i TSM

Yeah I was actually surprised how nice the Italia looked in that color. Maybe in 50 years when I can afford one too I'll get mine in that color
Appreciate 0