BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Alext
Colonel
No_Country
43
Rep
2,028
Posts

 
Drives: B M W
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Everest

iTrader: (2)

How much order placement deposit did the dealer request for a factory order?

Just wondering how much the dealer requested to what you actually put down. I remember my dealer wanted $10k. I said you gotta be kidding me...I'm not giving you $10k for 4 months whilst I wait for my car to arrive from Germany!

So I gave $5k which I think was still too much.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

10k seems high, I only remembered paying $5000. I guess if you are ordering a more expensive car than you would expect to pay more. 5k on a 100k car is only 5%.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
Zuzu
Major General
Zuzu's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
7,602
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M Beast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SyDnEy Oz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
10k seems high, I only remembered paying $5000. I guess if you are ordering a more expensive car than you would expect to pay more. 5k on a 100k car is only 5%.
Sparoz.. Didnt you state elsewhere that you have already placed a deposit on the new 1M ??..

If so..How much did you leave with the dealer.

I left $2K when ordering my vert..
__________________
ZUZETTE Build..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606023
: ETS FMIC . aFe CAI . Remus Race exhaust . SSK . Custom Midpipes . CDV . BM OCC . H&R springs :

Last edited by Zuzu; 07-09-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
Blacky
Lieutenant
5
Rep
468
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2006

iTrader: (0)

It was a few years ago but $500.00 I think it was.

It was not a special order and the car was on the water or close to it, in other words the dealer had already ordered it.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Dabaitu
Colonel
Australia
50
Rep
2,972
Posts

 
Drives: anything given a chance
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: .au

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I paid $1000 for my deposit.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
chylld
Captain
chylld's Avatar
Australia
17
Rep
996
Posts

 
Drives: MY14 428i GC
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
$1000 here too
__________________
Daily: F36 428i Gran Coupe :: Mineral Grey on Red/Black :: Msport :: LED :: HUD :: ACC :: h/k
Weekend: Lotus Evora S :: Aspen White on Black :: Sports Racer
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Blader
Elise S with Sport, Black and Touring Packs
Blader's Avatar
Australia
2
Rep
139
Posts

 
Drives: MY13 Lotus Elise S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
I have only paid $1000.00 for the three BMWs I have had built to order.
__________________
Lotus Elise S with Sport, Black and Touring Packs
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Alext
Colonel
No_Country
43
Rep
2,028
Posts

 
Drives: B M W
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Everest

iTrader: (2)

Thanks for the replies. This time around I will be offering a maximum of $1000 for a factory order.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Sparoz.. Didnt you state elsewhere that you have already placed a deposit on the new 1M ??..

If so..How much did you leave with the dealer.

I left $2K when ordering my vert..
5k for the M (and I don't see myself getting any discount - would just be the corporate program benefits). Just checked the invoices and I paid 2k for the most recent cars - they were in short supply when I ordered though. I am pretty sure I only paid 1k for the 318i.

I really thinks how much would depend on what car you ordered. For one which has common spec, and really don't see to give that much even ordered. However, from my business point of view, all my custom products require 50% deposit - but then again, I can't onsale those once made.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
zenderm3's Avatar
Australia
33
Rep
1,961
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

I paid 5k deposit. Sheesh sparoz.... 5k deposit now for a car that isn't going to be available for over 12 months!
__________________
________________
My ///M is in my garage .... and it is a beast!
2010 E92 M3 Space Grey | Fully Loaded
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
I paid 5k deposit. Sheesh sparoz.... 5k deposit now for a car that isn't going to be available for over 12 months!
Yeah, I thought so too, but I wasn't exactly in the mood to argue yesterday. I know I can pay $500 elsewhere to get on the list (so I heard), but they already have a pretty big list last time I spoke to them. $600 (interest) to reserve a car and have the ability to take it when I want to - it's okay... I now I won't be waiting like 12months to get into one.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #12
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
4
Rep
499
Posts

 
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seaford, Vic.

iTrader: (0)

$1000, and even that pissed me off. It's the first time I've ever needed to put a deposit on a new car.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
$1000, and even that pissed me off. It's the first time I've ever needed to put a deposit on a new car.
How you've manage not to pay a deposit on buying a new car previous times is quite impressive.
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #14
recce
Private First Class
recce's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 135i & 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Just wondering how much the dealer requested to what you actually put down. I remember my dealer wanted $10k. I said you gotta be kidding me...I'm not giving you $10k for 4 months whilst I wait for my car to arrive from Germany!

So I gave $5k which I think was still too much.

I just put an order in today and left a deposit of $5k. Guess thats normal anyway......
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 04:19 AM   #15
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
4
Rep
499
Posts

 
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seaford, Vic.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
How you've manage not to pay a deposit on buying a new car previous times is quite impressive.
first car (TS Astra) I knew the dealer, 2nd car (MINI) was ordered through a leasing company. This one is leased as well, but I signed the contract and then passed it on to the leasing company. Got the $1000 back at delivery, but it still meant they had it for 4 months.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 04:57 AM   #16
takahashi
Retired trackie
takahashi's Avatar
Australia
20
Rep
1,529
Posts

 
Drives: 1///M
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

I left $2k. I was planning to leave that much anyway.
__________________
TAKA 一仔BLOGブログ:
BMW 1 series M 2011! Delivered 18/11/11.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 05:03 AM   #17
AussieAlf
Private First Class
AussieAlf's Avatar
1
Rep
179
Posts

 
Drives: LMB 123d MT Vert
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Frankston, Vic, Australia

iTrader: (0)

A handshake! One of the advantages of a novated lease. Two weeks to go!

Cheers,
Alf
__________________
No longer waiting for LMB 123d Vert
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #18
BMWfan69
Private First Class
United_States
5
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i Coupe, AW/Terracotta
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY

iTrader: (0)

I didn't have to put a deposit down at all. 5 or 10K is rediculous. This is for a 128i from the factory. I ordered a 528xi a few years ago as well and it was the same. $0 deposit. Should be no more than $1000. I am a repeat customer. So that might have something to do with it. Also, if it is indeed an M1 that could be part of it as well. However, it still seems very high.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 06:35 AM   #19
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
zenderm3's Avatar
Australia
33
Rep
1,961
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Yeah, I thought so too, but I wasn't exactly in the mood to argue yesterday. I know I can pay $500 elsewhere to get on the list (so I heard), but they already have a pretty big list last time I spoke to them. $600 (interest) to reserve a car and have the ability to take it when I want to - it's okay... I now I won't be waiting like 12months to get into one.
Good call!
__________________
________________
My ///M is in my garage .... and it is a beast!
2010 E92 M3 Space Grey | Fully Loaded
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #20
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
first car (TS Astra) I knew the dealer, 2nd car (MINI) was ordered through a leasing company. This one is leased as well, but I signed the contract and then passed it on to the leasing company. Got the $1000 back at delivery, but it still meant they had it for 4 months.
See, you are special, that's why?
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
sparoz
Brigadier General
sparoz's Avatar
Australia
71
Rep
4,846
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1///M; AW X3 30d
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunshine Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan69 View Post
I didn't have to put a deposit down at all. 5 or 10K is rediculous. This is for a 128i from the factory. I ordered a 528xi a few years ago as well and it was the same. $0 deposit. Should be no more than $1000. I am a repeat customer. So that might have something to do with it. Also, if it is indeed an M1 that could be part of it as well. However, it still seems very high.
Aussie practices are different .
__________________
1///M - Valencia Orange
X3 30d - Alpine White

Under Six Seconds http://www.under6s.com
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
taipan168
Private First Class
3
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: 135i coupe manual
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

When I ordered my 135i last November (the car was built to order) the dealer asked for $5k deposit, which I negotiated down to $2k. Didn't realise that you could go as low as $1k.

In any case I think $10k is outrageous!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST