BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
Evice
Major
 
Evice's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 128i M-sport and '98 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere here

Posts: 1,430
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think it should be...

oil and filter change
brake fluid change/flush
check brakes
air filter - replace
pollen (cabin) micro filter - replace
check suspension compoments (tie rods, ball joints, ect)
fluid levels check; PS fluid, coolant, washer fluid.
replace wiper blades

other things I would recommend...
manual trans fluid - change
rear diff oil - change
Heh I did almost all of these besides pollen filter.
__________________
-- '09 BSM 128i - '98 E36 M3 - BMWCR IS #718
BMWCCA Instructor & 2013 BMWCR I-Sport National Champion.
http://www.youtube.com/alisalih
Evice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #24
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
Heh I did almost all of these besides pollen filter.

Did you have your spark plugs replaced at 45K miles? IF not then I would also do that.

good luck,
Dackel
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
Evice
Major
 
Evice's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 128i M-sport and '98 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere here

Posts: 1,430
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Did you have your spark plugs replaced at 45K miles? IF not then I would also do that.

good luck,
Dackel
NA engines should be 100k miles interval. I have 128i.
__________________
-- '09 BSM 128i - '98 E36 M3 - BMWCR IS #718
BMWCCA Instructor & 2013 BMWCR I-Sport National Champion.
http://www.youtube.com/alisalih
Evice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
NA engines should be 100k miles interval. I have 128i.

Ohh yes, your correct. Your plugs should be good for 100K miles. But still... if your a sporty driver... spark plugs are so easy to replace and offer such a good bang for the buck($). It will really change the way the engine runs.
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
Evice
Major
 
Evice's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 128i M-sport and '98 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere here

Posts: 1,430
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Ohh yes, your correct. Your plugs should be good for 100K miles. But still... if your a sporty driver... spark plugs are so easy to replace and offer such a good bang for the buck($). It will really change the way the engine runs.
I will take a look at it. thanks.
__________________
-- '09 BSM 128i - '98 E36 M3 - BMWCR IS #718
BMWCCA Instructor & 2013 BMWCR I-Sport National Champion.
http://www.youtube.com/alisalih
Evice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
Racewar128I
Private
 
Racewar128I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 128I BMW
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ansbach Germany

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 128I  [0.00]
Is there Any way to reset the tire pressure warning light if so how
Racewar128I is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #29
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racewar128I View Post
Is there Any way to reset the tire pressure warning light if so how

Yes, there is a way... its in your owners manual.


IF your TPMS light is on (yellow). First check the tire pressure to verify all is good. Then with the engine running (BUT NOT MOVING) scroll thru the BC menu until you get to the TPMS menu, then press and hold the button on the end of the turn signal stalk. The menu will then say something like resetting... then DRIVE a short distance. This now tells the TPMS the new "target" tire pressures and resets the TPMS system.

Every few tanks of fuel when ypu check your tire pressures... you should reset the TPMS system this way.


Dack
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #30
_Ryan_
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Hills.

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

I have reset my brake fluid and brake service indicators, the brake fluid date did not change, and the brake indicator simply displays: ------- [no change, was "----" before]
I still have the "lift car" indicator, but I didn't reset that independent of the others.

-R
_Ryan_ is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
I have reset my brake fluid and brake service indicators, the brake fluid date did not change, and the brake indicator simply displays: ------- [no change, was "----" before]
I still have the "lift car" indicator, but I didn't reset that independent of the others.

-R

Did you just replace your brake rotors or pads too? Like did the wear light come on, then you tried to reset the pad wear sensor light/lamp? Bc if thats true sometimes only the dealer can reset the brake pad wear sensors IF you wait too long to reset the light. Ofcourse you would also need to replace the pad sensors. I guess I need more info. ???
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #32
_Ryan_
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Hills.

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
I have reset my brake fluid and brake service indicators, the brake fluid date did not change, and the brake indicator simply displays: ------- [no change, was "----" before]
I still have the "lift car" indicator, but I didn't reset that independent of the others.

-R

Did you just replace your brake rotors or pads too? Like did the wear light come on, then you tried to reset the pad wear sensor light/lamp? Bc if thats true sometimes only the dealer can reset the brake pad wear sensors IF you wait too long to reset the light. Ofcourse you would also need to replace the pad sensors. I guess I need more info. ???
Replaced the [front] rotors, calipers, pads, sensor, fluid.
_Ryan_ is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #33
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Replaced the [front] rotors, calipers, pads, sensor, fluid.

Ok, but how did you drive the car after replacing the pad sensors before you tried my service light reset procedure? I have heard that if you drive too long with new sensors on that axle... it will take a "hard reset to turn the pad light off. Only a shop with a GT1(like at the dealer) can reset it then.
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
_Ryan_
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Hills.

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Replaced the [front] rotors, calipers, pads, sensor, fluid.

Ok, but how did you drive the car after replacing the pad sensors before you tried my service light reset procedure? I have heard that if you drive too long with new sensors on that axle... it will take a "hard reset to turn the pad light off. Only a shop with a GT1(like at the dealer) can reset it then.
Ah, gotcha. Maybe 50kms? Only enough to bed the brakes in and get home from where I did the work so I could look it up.
_Ryan_ is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #35
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Ah, gotcha. Maybe 50kms? Only enough to bed the brakes in and get home from where I did the work so I could look it up.
Then the brake pad wear lamp should be able to reset. IF you drove for many hundred km's then I thenk you would need a dealer reset the light.

Try my DIY one more time... if it doesn't reset the light... then a dealer visit is in your future.
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #36
_Ryan_
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Hills.

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Then the brake pad wear lamp should be able to reset. IF you drove for many hundred km's then I thenk you would need a dealer reset the light.

Try my DIY one more time... if it doesn't reset the light... then a dealer visit is in your future.
Thanks, I did try it a few times.

Does it record when things were serviced in the ECU, or only distance remaining?

Might just ignore it if its the latter, as there are only two local dealerships, both the same owner, and both as unhelpful as each other!
_Ryan_ is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #37
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
TimMc's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i SCT N54
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Then the brake pad wear lamp should be able to reset. IF you drove for many hundred km's then I thenk you would need a dealer reset the light.

Try my DIY one more time... if it doesn't reset the light... then a dealer visit is in your future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Thanks, I did try it a few times.

Does it record when things were serviced in the ECU, or only distance remaining?

Might just ignore it if its the latter, as there are only two local dealerships, both the same owner, and both as unhelpful as each other!
Looks like I've got the same issue. Just changed front discs, pads etc and brake & hoist light came on ~100km/1 week later. Can't reset with Dack's method or BT tool. Can reset all others with both though.
Thanks for the insight though Dack. So this definitely can't be reset except by dealer?
TimMc is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #38
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Looks like I've got the same issue. Just changed front discs, pads etc and brake & hoist light came on ~100km/1 week later. Can't reset with Dack's method or BT tool. Can reset all others with both though.
Thanks for the insight though Dack. So this definitely can't be reset except by dealer?

I don't know for sure. But that is what I have been told by my dealership. Maybe someone else can chime in. ? I think you need a shop that has a GT1 (scan tool) to reset that light.
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
DriveHard
Lieutenant Colonel
 
DriveHard's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island

Posts: 1,966
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I don't know for sure. But that is what I have been told by my dealership. Maybe someone else can chime in. ? I think you need a shop that has a GT1 (scan tool) to reset that light.
Hi Dack...

To the OP.

Maybe this will help..

First its possible that the sensor you got is bad... rare but possible.. recheck you connection also.

Second, it is possible that it needs to be reset with a GT1 or ISID meaning dealer visit.. it has happened in the past.. not that often but it does happen..

make sure that you followed Dack instuctions to the tee.. with no pauses or re-pressing of the button.. also make sure that the door is closed when resetting..

respond back.. ill know more on Monday ( tomorrow)

Regards,

Alex !!
__________________
'11 128i M-Sport Pkg, Sport Susp., 6AT w/paddles, BMW Perf CAI,Charcoal Filter Delete, BMW Perf. Big Brake Kit, BMW Perf. Exhaust, Ferodo 2500's, Titanium shims,135 trunk lip, BMS-PBX Box-Map 3, Castrol RBF600 ,e93 FSB, , f30 Backing Plates,GC Camber Plates, Hankook RS-3's (Track setup)
DriveHard is offline   Colombia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #40
_Ryan_
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E87 130i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Hills.

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I don't know for sure. But that is what I have been told by my dealership. Maybe someone else can chime in. ? I think you need a shop that has a GT1 (scan tool) to reset that light.
Hi Dack...

To the OP.

Maybe this will help..

First its possible that the sensor you got is bad... rare but possible.. recheck you connection also.

Second, it is possible that it needs to be reset with a GT1 or ISID meaning dealer visit.. it has happened in the past.. not that often but it does happen..

make sure that you followed Dack instuctions to the tee.. with no pauses or re-pressing of the button.. also make sure that the door is closed when resetting..

respond back.. ill know more on Monday ( tomorrow)

Regards,

Alex !!
Some idiot clicked reset, didn't hold reset. Sorted.

Thanks guys.
_Ryan_ is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #41
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Some idiot clicked reset, didn't hold reset. Sorted.

Thanks guys.

Great news!
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #42
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
TimMc's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i SCT N54
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (0)

Still doesn't work for me. Holding reset will reset other other functions - oil service due etc, but not my (front?) brake & hoist light warning.
TimMc is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #43
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,985
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Still doesn't work for me. Holding reset will reset other other functions - oil service due etc, but not my (front?) brake & hoist light warning.

Humm... So you did replace your pad sesnor with a new one right>?

Do what DriveHard said: check to make sure the sensor is plugged in correctly and/or maybe you got a bad new sesnor?

IF you still have one of your old sesnors - and don't want the safety of pad wear sesnors... just cut the sensor off and solder the wires together. Then use that as your "sensor" and reset the light.

IF all else fails... a dealer visit is in order. Bring some of your tech's favorite refreshments in your trunk!


Dack
Dackelone is online now   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #44
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
TimMc's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i SCT N54
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (0)

Sadly, I didn't put the new discs & pads in myself

The workshop who put in my DPs the week before last noticed my performance discs were cracked though all the drill holes. Pads were ~2/3s worn & car's done 23,000km (about 14,000 miles for the imperialists). As they already had the car in bits I've gave them the original discs I removed when the car was new & a new set of OEM pads to install. They put these in but I didn't ask them specifically about the sensors. Maybe they stuffed up here? Alarm didn't come up until a week later so I presume the sensor was at least working when they handed the car back to me.

I'll check the sensor myself. Just one on each axle isn't there? Which side on the front?
__________________
Driving - Man 135 (LeMans/Black). BMW Perf SW & SSK. Quaife LSD, KW V2s, Ground Control camber plates, M3 front Control Arms & SB, Helix IC, AR DPs, PROcede V5, ER CP, Forge DVs, BMS OCC, Setrab OC, P3 Gauge.
Riding - ZX14R Kwaka, Avanti Aggressor, Malvern Star Equipe, Mini Mal.
Proudly from the Shire.
TimMc is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST