BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #89
HISI808
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 AW 128i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 239
iTrader: (4)

I have Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish.

"Polish comparison: Gloss Enhancing Polish has half the cutting power of Menzerna Final Polish II."

Will this work?
HISI808 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #90
Basheezy
Bashar
 
Basheezy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (2)

I have stubborn water spots on my paint. I've tried meguiars polish and vinegar, but no luck. What can I use to get them out? Is polishing or rubbing compound okay to use or is that too harsh?
Basheezy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #91
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

you can give that a shot if that doesn't work you may need to go with more cut.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 04:13 AM   #92
135iFreak
Doin' A Fly By
 
135iFreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i AW/BB M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Africa - JHB

Posts: 112
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Hi Phil,

I want to use Menzerna Powergloss on my 1er, how do I use it exactly? With an orbital polisher, by hand any hints and tips that could be useful?

Thanks. Great work, keep the posts coming
__________________
135i M-Sport
A/W, Boston Black Interior, 18" CSLs
135iFreak is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #93
dh58
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bunker in Sydney

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil@detailersdomain View Post
sure thing take a look.

pressure washers
Thanks but those were pretty expensive?
dh58 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #94
Raine
Captain
 
Raine's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 843
iTrader: (3)

Hi,

This sounds stupid, but how do you recommend cleaning rubber floor mats?

I spray mine for like 10 minutes but there are still streaks on them =(
Raine is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #95
135iFreak
Doin' A Fly By
 
135iFreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i AW/BB M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Africa - JHB

Posts: 112
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Hi Phil, whats the difference with concours wax and carnauba wax.
__________________
135i M-Sport
A/W, Boston Black Interior, 18" CSLs
135iFreak is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #96
KcN55
Second Lieutenant
 
KcN55's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 135
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: So Cal

Posts: 274
iTrader: (1)

hello, One of my regular bic pen (ink) exploded on my leather seats and smeared all over, Just wanted to know what I can use to clean my leather with? I tried water, soap, leather cleaner, most of it came off, but I can still see it there. Thanks
__________________

[CCW Lm20][KW V2][Icarbon rear diffuser][icarbon front lip] [BMW perf spoiler][eye lids] [Lux angel eyes][Rpi red scoops][HP foam filter][matte grills]
KcN55 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #97
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
Hi,

This sounds stupid, but how do you recommend cleaning rubber floor mats?

I spray mine for like 10 minutes but there are still streaks on them =(
you may want to dry them with a microfiber towel to prevent streaks.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #98
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iFreak View Post
Hi Phil, whats the difference with concours wax and carnauba wax.
concours wax is just a name.

carnauba is what is in the wax.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #99
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcN55 View Post
hello, One of my regular bic pen (ink) exploded on my leather seats and smeared all over, Just wanted to know what I can use to clean my leather with? I tried water, soap, leather cleaner, most of it came off, but I can still see it there. Thanks
this should do it.

leather master ink away
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #100
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

back up just in case you have any questions.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #101
airs
Private First Class
 
airs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Space Gray 135i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Phil, just finished a detail on my wife's 2004 C240 using a lot of the items I recently ordered from DD. It had never had a proper detail until now. Can you skim my process and provide some critique/pointers?

Washed with CG Citrus Wash & Gloss
Aquartz Iron Cut & Tarminator
Clayed with DD medium and Dodo Born Slippy
Washed with Dodo Born to Be Mild
Dried
Polished with a combination of Menzerna SIP, PO106FA (with a drop of CG EZ-Cream glaze) on Orange/White Lake Country CCS pads and Flex XC3401, PC7424
Washed with Dodo BTBM again
Dried
Menzerna Powerlock applied with 3401 at low speed on CCS blue pad - 1 coat

Thanks Phil!
__________________
Forge FMIC | Apex ARC-8 w/ Michelin PSS | 261 powder coated w/ Conti DWS | BMW Perf Spoiler | Tint | Black Kidneys
airs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #102
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

looks good! post up some pictures!
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #103
jbasedow30
Enlisted Member
 
jbasedow30's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black '09 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: DC

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Hey Phil -

What would you recommend to remove a scratch on the interior wood trim? As far as the depth - I can barely feel it when I run my fingernail over it.

Thanks in advance.
jbasedow30 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #104
jkoral
Captain
 
Drives: '09 135i MSport 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA

Posts: 808
iTrader: (5)

Two questions from someone using the same products I used 20+ years ago:

What clay bar (and lube) would you recommend for a first time clay bar user (10K miles, top surfaces feel great, but lower sides feel like they need claying).

I unfortunately will be driving the car in the Northeast winter (salt, snow), and I'm curious about your thoughts of paint protection during the winter (sealant, etc) and then switching back to wax in the spring/summer/fall.

Thanks!
jkoral is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 04:22 AM   #105
mcmn
Captain
 
Drives: MY10 AW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney

Posts: 621
iTrader: (0)

Hi mate,

Few questions:
Rims:

My Rims have a few spots of tough specs of black brakedust that are almost cooked into the rim. Do you have any advice as to how i can get this off? I've tried P21S Rim Cleaner / Wheel Brush seems like i need something stronger to focus in on the area

I have two 'scratches' on my rims which i think was me and my wheel brush Are these repairable through DIY/product do you think?

I'm sick of spending a significant amount of cleaning time on the rims, with brake dust... are there any products you can suggest that will reduce the time taken to clean this off, and potentially prolong them looking clean? I have an AW car, and they look dirty very quickly.

Paint Protection - Long Drives:
I'm about to go on a 12 hour car journey, whilst on main sealed roads I'm looking for some advice on how i can mitigate bugs / stone chips especially on the front bumper?

Thanks
Paul
mcmn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #106
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,798
iTrader: (1)

I have become quite a big fan of: Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant. I never heard of it before joining this forum. It works great. I recently tired it on my alloy wheels and was blown away after 600 kms of hard brake use... I went to the local selfservice car wash place (high pressure wands/jets) and all the brake dust came off of the wheels. No cleaner was needed. I really am sold on Mez.

What I also like about using Mez is that it leave the paint really smooth and silky to the touch. I like to put on a few coats and let the car bake/seal out in the sunlight. This seems to "lock" the sealant onto the paint for weeks to come.


Dackel
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #107
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasedow30 View Post
Hey Phil -

What would you recommend to remove a scratch on the interior wood trim? As far as the depth - I can barely feel it when I run my fingernail over it.

Thanks in advance.
you can use a polish like Menzerna Super Finish that would do it.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #108
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Two questions from someone using the same products I used 20+ years ago:

What clay bar (and lube) would you recommend for a first time clay bar user (10K miles, top surfaces feel great, but lower sides feel like they need claying).

I unfortunately will be driving the car in the Northeast winter (salt, snow), and I'm curious about your thoughts of paint protection during the winter (sealant, etc) and then switching back to wax in the spring/summer/fall.

Thanks!
sorry for the delay I would try the

Uber Blue Clay Bar Kit

as far as a good protectant

Menzerna Power Lock
or
Einszett Glanz
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #109
DetailersDomain
Brigadier General
 
DetailersDomain's Avatar
 
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 3,581
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn View Post
Hi mate,

Few questions:
Rims:

My Rims have a few spots of tough specs of black brakedust that are almost cooked into the rim. Do you have any advice as to how i can get this off? I've tried P21S Rim Cleaner / Wheel Brush seems like i need something stronger to focus in on the area

I have two 'scratches' on my rims which i think was me and my wheel brush Are these repairable through DIY/product do you think?

I'm sick of spending a significant amount of cleaning time on the rims, with brake dust... are there any products you can suggest that will reduce the time taken to clean this off, and potentially prolong them looking clean? I have an AW car, and they look dirty very quickly.

Paint Protection - Long Drives:
I'm about to go on a 12 hour car journey, whilst on main sealed roads I'm looking for some advice on how i can mitigate bugs / stone chips especially on the front bumper?

Thanks
Paul
Paul,

Thanks for the post.

Paint Protection, not much you can do about avoiding stone chips, unless you put a clear film on it or mask your bumper and hood.

as far as easy removal of bugs I would make sure your bumper is cleaned and waxed prior to the drive.

As far as the rim, pull them off and wash and clay them then protect them with a good wax or sealant.
DetailersDomain is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #110
cdub
Enlisted Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

A couple quick questions:

1)Does the clear coat hardness on BMWs vary model to model? My Alpine white 135i seems to have a much softer clear than my e36 Estoril blue M3.

2) Any tips for polishing a clear bra?

Thanks
cdub is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST