BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
deanc154
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 118i convertable
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dudley

iTrader: (0)

help. wheels are rubbing

brought some 19 inc wheels today and the back wheels rub when i go over a pot hole. iv got the 1 series convertable with the sports suspension. sure the back tyres are 265/30/19. is there any way around this
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
JohnL135I's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,129
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Boss 302
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sahuarita, AZ

iTrader: (3)

265's , your going to rub.

Might be able to roll the fender.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
deanc154
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 118i convertable
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dudley

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL135I View Post
265's , your going to rub.

Might be able to roll the fender.
couldnt i go with another tyre? how much would i b looking at the get the fenders rolled?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
Itanius
Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
567
Posts

 
Drives: Dreaming of ///M
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: AZ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc154 View Post
couldnt i go with another tyre? how much would i b looking at the get the fenders rolled?
Are the tires rubbing the fender lip, or are they rubbing the liner in the inside of the tire?

Switching to 255s may be your best bet.
__________________
2008 AW 135i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Trojan4evr
BMW Collector
Trojan4evr's Avatar
16
Rep
1,590
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 335i/ '11 E82 DCT 135i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius View Post
Are the tires rubbing the fender lip, or are they rubbing the liner in the inside of the tire?

Switching to 255s may be your best bet.
either that or roll the fenders.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
GTATIRES.CA
gtatires.ca
GTATIRES.CA's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

If you change the size you will set of a hole bunch of sensors UNLESS YOU DU THE SAME FOR THE FRONT 1 the abs at high speeds 2 the tire monitoring sensors and your traction control,sounds like you got the wrong offset on the wheels that you purchased i would check what belongs there should be a 35 not a 20
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
deanc154
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 118i convertable
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dudley

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius View Post
Are the tires rubbing the fender lip, or are they rubbing the liner in the inside of the tire?

Switching to 255s may be your best bet.
there rubbing on the inside of the fender lips. they rub when i go round a corner a little quick and when i hit a ditch in the street.the wheels are staggered so the front once are fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
deanc154
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 118i convertable
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dudley

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATIRES.CA View Post
If you change the size you will set of a hole bunch of sensors UNLESS YOU DU THE SAME FOR THE FRONT 1 the abs at high speeds 2 the tire monitoring sensors and your traction control,sounds like you got the wrong offset on the wheels that you purchased i would check what belongs there should be a 35 not a 20
the back wheels are 260/30/19s. wot do you mean by offset?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
texasmojo
Second Lieutenant
texasmojo's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 128i automatic
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW Texas, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc154 View Post
the back wheels are 260/30/19s. wot do you mean by offset?
What size is your rim? 19x8, 8.5, 9, or 9.5? Call the people you bought the rims from and ask what the offset is for the front and the rear rims. I think 255-30-19 is the biggest tire you can go with that wont rub assuming you have the proper offset in the rear wich would be between 50-55mm i think.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
deanc154
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 118i convertable
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dudley

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmojo View Post
What size is your rim? 19x8, 8.5, 9, or 9.5? Call the people you bought the rims from and ask what the offset is for the front and the rear rims. I think 255-30-19 is the biggest tire you can go with that wont rub assuming you have the proper offset in the rear wich would be between 50-55mm i think.
il have a look tomoro it should be behind the back of the wheel. just spoke to a friend and he said it could b possible to get something that you can put on the spring of your suspension to stop it from compressing as much? would anybody no if this is possible cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
deanc154
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: 118i convertable
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dudley

iTrader: (0)

wheel offset

just taken the wheel off and the back wheel offset is 9.5x19 et 45.. if i changed the back tyres to 245 30 r19 would they be ok.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #12
texasmojo
Second Lieutenant
texasmojo's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 128i automatic
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW Texas, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc154 View Post
just taken the wheel off and the back wheel offset is 9.5x19 et 45.. if i changed the back tyres to 245 30 r19 would they be ok.
I think that is the solution in your case.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
VMRWheels
Lieutenant General
VMRWheels's Avatar
261
Rep
16,043
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc154 View Post
just taken the wheel off and the back wheel offset is 9.5x19 et 45.. if i changed the back tyres to 245 30 r19 would they be ok.
19x9.5 +45 with a 265 is extremely aggressive for a 1-Series. You'll need to run a 245 tire at the widest with some fender rolling to cure the issue.

-Charles@VMRWheels
__________________

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | p. 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com | ** VMR Holiday Special! **
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #14
Eyeman
Lieutenant Colonel
Eyeman's Avatar
18
Rep
1,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
A few of us have wheels with those specs, et 45 and 9.5 inch wide rears. If you stick with your suspension as is you should be able to run most 245/35 rear tires and some 255/30's. I don't know if anyone makes a 245/30/19 but that would work too.

My wheels are the same and my car is lowered and I don't rub.
__________________
BSM, Blk leather, 30%tint, Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, Nitto 555 225/35fr PSS 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, rearseat removal, iCarbon diffuser and front lip, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
VMRWheels
Lieutenant General
VMRWheels's Avatar
261
Rep
16,043
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
A few of us have wheels with those specs, et 45 and 9.5 inch wide rears. If you stick with your suspension as is you should be able to run most 245/35 rear tires and some 255/30's. I don't know if anyone makes a 245/30/19 but that would work too.

My wheels are the same and my car is lowered and I don't rub.
We've had a few customers have success with running our 9.5 +50 V710's with 255 Hankook V12's in the rear at stock height.

-Charles@VMRWheels
__________________

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | p. 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com | ** VMR Holiday Special! **
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #16
handled
Captain
handled's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: F30/F82
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (5)

fenders MUST be rolled. smaller tire profile and width does help too.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST