BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Today, 10:04 AM   #1
BigRussia
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

CPO + Ext Maintenance ending next week...things to do?

Next week July 10th my BMW CPO warranty and Extended Maintenance Plan officially expire due to reaching the 6 year mark. Last time at the dealer I had the SA look up what maintenance stuff was coming up and nothing was really close, and the techs said that my car is very healthy and runs strong.

But I want to get what I can for my final visit. What are some things I should bring up for them to check and replace and what are some things I should really push for? In the 8 months I've owned my car its had the following done under the coverage.

- VANOS solenoids and oil change
- Front brake job (pads, rotors and fluid)
- Micro filter

And... that's about it lol. I feel I haven't really gotten my money's worth considering the extra premium I payed for the car with the extra coverage. Ive tried for new plugs, injectors, and coil packs but since the car is healthy and runs with no issues I cant bring those up and are very unlikely to get replaced. The HPFP was replaced very early in the car's life and I cant tell if I have wastegate rattle or turbo issues with the quiet stock exhaust (probably don't though). But both the HPFP and turbos should still be covered beyond the 6 years from what I understand...

So any tips and advice on how to go about this is very appreciated! Thanks!

Life's too short to be driving boring cars
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:25 AM   #2
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Send a message via AIM to Venom
Talk to your SA and have them do a final inspection before the warranty runs out. Most would love to have the opportunity to fix as much as possible before the car goes to an indy or diy.

What gets changed also depends on what mileage you are at.

HPFP is now warrantied to 10years/120k miles but not the accompanying sensor apparently which cost me approx 300.

Turbo wastegates are covered 8years/84k miles.

Wastegate rattle :

Prius is Latin for impotence.
Appreciate 0