BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #111
kellzir
Private First Class

Drives: 1thirty5

I just got the letter today. I was wondering if I should schedule an appt or just wait it out. Car has been great, no long cranks or anything.
      03-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #112
rho
1er

Drives: The Batmobile

Which dealership did you go for service, and which dealership did you lease your car from? I'm going to take my car in next week, but I'm not sure which location I want to go to. I'm also getting the seatbelt tensioner done and I don't want a mess in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcali View Post
just got my 2010 135i back from the dealer (not the one i leased it from b/c they have horrible service). replaced the fuel pump and did the reprogramming. i never had problems with the origional pump but they replaced it anyway. car drives just fine - still as powerful as before all that work, maybe they bumped the mapping a tad thereby altering the drive ever so slightly but its a push and shove, not a loss in power which would be a big difference to me - so, at least in my case, the reprogramming did not make my car feel less powerful, and i drive the car hard as you have to in all the LA street and freeway traffic. so it comes down to my main point of dissatisfaction with my 135 is that there is, i guess, unfixable ratteling coming from the headliner (after a while you tune it out but its bad, my e46 M3 [8 yrs old 85K] still has NO sqeaks or rattels), and the sterio is just horribly quiet (easy to max out) and poor quality - sucks (and i have premium package, sport package w/ nav, HD radio, etc.) other than that i still really like the car and plan to keep it, unless it starts quitting on me or other things start breaking - who knows with these 135s - it seems some lucky owners get near perfect ones (like my M3) and others get quirky ones that do strange annoying things that just cannot be fixed at any center - why couldnt BMW have made these cars right? design wise they are very far ahead reflecting a sincere effort but some of the quality is simply poor (they are like mustangs this way). to me these issues are on the cusp of being lived with if it proves to be a dependable driver - they are truly thrilling when they work right and you get attached.
      03-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #113
m981addicts
Private First Class

Drives: 98Mz3.05Evo8.09,135i.13,135is

Recall done 7 days ago. Cranks 'seem' to be slightly longer starting yesterday (i.e. four 'ticks' to start). Real or my imagination? No SES's. Will monitor.

Anyone else?

Last edited by m981addicts; 03-10-2011 at 09:03 PM.
m981addicts is offline   United_States
      03-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #114
e34m5
Major

Drives: 135i

Mine was replaced yesterday. Everything back to normal.
      05-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #115
Turbolader
The Fat Stig

Drives: 2010 135i

Mine was replaced earlier this week. 446 pump + software update.

I've lost 50% of low end boost. Car feels like they replaced my n54 with the n52. Shouldn't be the accelerator remapping because I've already got 250+ miles of hard driving on it, so it should be relearned by now.

Already called and complained to BMW NA, but I know it's pointless. Going to take it back to the dealer and have a tech drive it like he stole it, so he too can see how much power is gone. Not sure what they can do, short of giving me my old pump and old programming back, because everything is installed correctly (No boost/vacuum leaks, wastegates are working, yadda yadda yadda)

Nothing like paying for 300tq and getting 250.
      05-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #116
BimmerJim
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolader View Post

I've lost 50% of low end boost. Car feels like they replaced my n54 with the n52. Shouldn't be the accelerator remapping because I've already got 250+ miles of hard driving on it, so it should be relearned by now.

Already called and complained to BMW NA, but I know it's pointless. Going to take it back to the dealer and have a tech drive it like he stole it, so he too can see how much power is gone. Not sure what they can do, short of giving me my old pump and old programming back, because everything is installed correctly (No boost/vacuum leaks, wastegates are working, yadda yadda yadda)

Like your scripture in the post

"M-the most powerful Letter in the World"!
BimmerJim is offline   United_States
      06-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #117
sdpauly
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 135i, 2008 Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellzir View Post
I just got the letter today. I was wondering if I should schedule an appt or just wait it out. Car has been great, no long cranks or anything.
I'm in the same boat... I'm thinking not to mess with it unless I actually have a problem.
      06-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #118
richmondmike
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09 135i Black Coupe Loaded

Quote:

I'd love for someone to dyno a before and after on this. I did the pump and software and I swear my car feels like it has more turbo lag than before. Anyone else experience this?
richmondmike is offline   United_States
      06-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #119
FactorX81
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 135i, 2014 Ford Escape Ti

Question: How do you know which model pump was installed? Had mine done 5/27 and the invoice says

1 13-51-7-616-170 EXCHANGE HIGH-PRESSURE PUMP: 135019
CORE CHARGE W
1 13-53-7-582-770 ASA-BOLT: 13509953

I dont see a 446 number on the sheet. I didnt have any problems with the car or anything they just told me I had to do a recall. Also I dont think they reprogrammed it I did not notice any power difference or anything I guess I already had the laggy software everyone is talking about.
FactorX81 is offline   United_States
      06-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #120
FactorX81
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 135i, 2014 Ford Escape Ti

Ok so I didn't get the exact 446 but an equivalent.
FactorX81 is offline   United_States
      07-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #121
rudyv1
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

Any update to your situation with the lost power?

I'm holding off getting the recall done until this who issue can be fixed, hence I'm curious to know how you made out with BMW

Thanks

Quote:

08-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #122
Venom
Colonel

Drives: E82 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [4.25]
Send a message via AIM to Venom
Just got a 446 pump and 2 new injectors. Are the injectors under warranty too? They seem to fail together.
I got the software update so if anyone local wants to dyno my car, I would be happy to let them. But I do not have a pre-software update dyno so the point may be moot. The car is definitely less powerful but it is smoother and I do not feel any of the turbolag. So my opinion is ymmv.

I used to be able to feel the cdv, now my shifts are fairly smooth and clean. I do not need to pause between shifts anymore. Where before I would feel pressure not letting me upshift immediately with >4K rpm.

Prius is Latin for impotence.
Venom is online now   United_States
      08-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #123
Absorber
Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 135i Coupe

I just had my HPFP and software update done. I wish I hadn't. The car has definitely lost some power. I used to be able to get a brief burnout launching in 1st with DTC turned off. Now it lags instead. I also used to be able to chirp the wheels sometimes going into 2nd. Not anymore. The car does feel more smooth when shifting and building power across the band; it's just not as violent and fun as it was. I'm disappointed.

Also, the pump primes very loudly now when the car "wakes up" after unlocking or opening a door after it has been sitting. It sounds like a Hoover vacuum for a few seconds.
      08-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #124
thez99
Colonel

Drives: 2010 135i Auto

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.00]
Send a message via AIM to thez99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absorber View Post
I just had my HPFP and software update done. I wish I hadn't. The car has definitely lost some power. I used to be able to get a brief burnout launching in 1st with DTC turned off. Now it lags instead. I also used to be able to chirp the wheels sometimes going into 2nd. Not anymore. The car does feel more smooth when shifting and building power across the band; it's just not as violent and fun as it was. I'm disappointed.

Also, the pump primes very loudly now when the car "wakes up" after unlocking or opening a door after it has been sitting. It sounds like a Hoover vacuum for a few seconds.
That's cuz it's doing what it should to prime the pump to keep it from failing.

= ER Chargepipe/HKS BOV = Maddad Whisper Axle-back exhaust = Maddad resonted 3" midpipes = BMS DCI = HPF FMIC - 18" vmr 701's with Michelin PSS tires - M3 front sway == Coming soon? = M3 front suspension bits - rear m3 subframe bushings - BMW Perf Suspension - IC rear diffusor and spoiler
thez99 is offline   United_States
      08-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #125
BimmerE82
Captain

Drives: 2009 BMW 135i Sport package

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [3.50]
Visited the dealer this past weekend and they let me know the previous owner of my 2009 135i took care of this last year! Good news!
      11-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #126
GinDenver
Registered

Drives: 135i Dinan Stage 3

Dinan and new fuel pump

Have stage 3 Dinan and recently got the new fuel pump recommended by the dealer... frankly car does not run as well now... especially at lower RPM.. seems to have throttle response delay / more turbo lag etc... car was running fine before, wish I had left it alone. Anyone else had these issues?..