BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #309
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Im going to use the at work no time to search excuse for being lazy

Can someone post stock n54 dyno and jb3, procede dynos?

My boss doesn't believe the tunes give that much power.




Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #310
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
FDfranklin's Avatar
24
Rep
780
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl

iTrader: (1)

^ thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #311
TZANIDO777
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Does anybody know if the berk race exhaust rusts? and did they get rid of that horrible whistling noise that comes out at high rpm?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #312
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZANIDO777 View Post
Does anybody know if the berk race exhaust rusts? and did they get rid of that horrible whistling noise that comes out at high rpm?
there shouldn't be any rust issues, it's higher quality stainless. and yes, berk fixed that issue a few months ago, there's now a pipe that connects the two pipes near the exhaust tips. sounds AMAZING in person btw
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #313
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
^ thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #314
TZANIDO777
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
there shouldn't be any rust issues, it's higher quality stainless. and yes, berk fixed that issue a few months ago, there's now a pipe that connects the two pipes near the exhaust tips. sounds AMAZING in person btw
would you rather have the meisterschaft exhaust or the berk race exhaust? in terms of sound and loudness? sorry for all the questions but im stuck between these two exhausts and i just want a loud aggressive exhaust lol
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #315
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZANIDO777 View Post
would you rather have the meisterschaft exhaust or the berk race exhaust? in terms of sound and loudness? sorry for all the questions but im stuck between these two exhausts and i just want a loud aggressive exhaust lol
get the berk if you really want a loud, aggressive exhaust. the meisterschaft exhaust sounds great but it's not nearly as loud. plus, the berk weighs MUCH less, it's a huge weight savings.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #316
TZANIDO777
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
get the berk if you really want a loud, aggressive exhaust. the meisterschaft exhaust sounds great but it's not nearly as loud. plus, the berk weighs MUCH less, it's a huge weight savings.
would getting the midpipes from berk make a difference since they still have resonators but no cats? i have an n55 so there arent any cats anyways so will the sound be the same or are the midpipes from berk bigger piping?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #317
oman135
Major
oman135's Avatar
Oman
15
Rep
1,023
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135I M DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman-Muscat

iTrader: (0)

What is the loudest axle back with mufflers ? There is any disadvantages of installing axle back without mufflers ? Dont know which 1 to get cp-e or berk
__________________
Bmw Performance Grills - CF Trunk Spoiler - CF Mirrors- MadDad EuroSport Street Axleback - Scopione CF Diffuser - LCI Tail Lights - SleK CF Front Lip
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #318
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman135 View Post
What is the loudest axle back with mufflers ? There is any disadvantages of installing axle back without mufflers ? Dont know which 1 to get cp-e or berk
Don't forget AA
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 04:45 AM   #319
oman135
Major
oman135's Avatar
Oman
15
Rep
1,023
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135I M DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman-Muscat

iTrader: (0)

I dont know how the AA sounds in person but from videos i like cp-e and berk more
__________________
Bmw Performance Grills - CF Trunk Spoiler - CF Mirrors- MadDad EuroSport Street Axleback - Scopione CF Diffuser - LCI Tail Lights - SleK CF Front Lip
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 06:29 AM   #320
oman135
Major
oman135's Avatar
Oman
15
Rep
1,023
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135I M DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman-Muscat

iTrader: (0)

is the berk race version exhaust much louder then sport version ?
__________________
Bmw Performance Grills - CF Trunk Spoiler - CF Mirrors- MadDad EuroSport Street Axleback - Scopione CF Diffuser - LCI Tail Lights - SleK CF Front Lip
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #321
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman135 View Post
is the berk race version exhaust much louder then sport version ?
it's noticeably louder
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #322
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZANIDO777 View Post
would getting the midpipes from berk make a difference since they still have resonators but no cats? i have an n55 so there arent any cats anyways so will the sound be the same or are the midpipes from berk bigger piping?
the midpipes are a little larger, and they feature better designed resonators. so, it may be worth it to get midpipes on an n55, even though there are no secondary cats
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #323
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman135 View Post
What is the loudest axle back with mufflers ? There is any disadvantages of installing axle back without mufflers ? Dont know which 1 to get cp-e or berk
berk muffler delete will be loudest
then cp-e axle back
then berk sport axle back
(the berk and cp-e are pretty similar)


no disadvantages to installing just an axle back per sey. it'll probably sound better and flow a little better with midpipes, but you can always add those later if you want
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #324
TZANIDO777
Private First Class
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
the midpipes are a little larger, and they feature better designed resonators. so, it may be worth it to get midpipes on an n55, even though there are no secondary cats
Would you say that the install is fairly easy and straight forward? Just unbolt and bolt on or should i bring it to a shop?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #325
oman135
Major
oman135's Avatar
Oman
15
Rep
1,023
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135I M DCT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman-Muscat

iTrader: (0)

thanks bryce!
any videos for the berk full race exhaust with stock dp ?
__________________
Bmw Performance Grills - CF Trunk Spoiler - CF Mirrors- MadDad EuroSport Street Axleback - Scopione CF Diffuser - LCI Tail Lights - SleK CF Front Lip
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #326
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZANIDO777 View Post
Would you say that the install is fairly easy and straight forward? Just unbolt and bolt on or should i bring it to a shop?
very basic install. i did the install on my AR dp's, that was hard! the exhaust looks to be very simple, and i've heard from a local 135i owner that it's a cake walk. good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman135 View Post
thanks bryce!
any videos for the berk full race exhaust with stock dp ?
no problem! here's a video, i think the stock dp w/ race exhaust is towards the end:

link
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #327
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
merry christmas guys! i won't be back online until sometime later this weekend. cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #328
Impervious
UNC FTW
Impervious's Avatar
Pakistan
7
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

What mods void my warranty and what mods do not? Specifically I'm wondering about JB products...

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #329
11N55
First Lieutenant
11N55's Avatar
9
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impervious View Post
What mods void my warranty and what mods do not? Specifically I'm wondering about JB products...

Thanks in advance.

This help answer your question:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215590
__________________
Order Placed: October 25 | Production Complete: November 4 |En Route: November 16 | At Prep Center: December 2 | At Dealer: December 6
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #330
AUDrinkingTeam
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Is their a preferred tune for n54's with automatic transmissions. (jb4 vs Procede)?

And

When running catless dp's, What do you do for sceduled service? If you remove piggyback or sims, dealership will see CEL. Do you remove dp's for every service?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST