BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
Exclamation MFactory LSD Pre-Buy for Welded Diffs

Hey guys,

now that we have more concrete details on our welded diff options, I thought that it would be a good time to start making up a pre-buy list

Terminology (As some people are still confused with all the terms)
- Pumpkin/Core/Carrier/Pig Snout: This is the entire unit, the part you see bolted up to your car, and contains everything
- Differential Unit/Diff: This is the main part inside your pumpkin that does all the traction magic. OEM is open differential. We are offering a limited slip differential
- Ring & Pinion/Final Drive/Crown & Pinion: This consists of the Ring Gear (which is welded on to your oem differential) and the Pinion Gear. We are offering a replacement Ring Gear (which is now bolted on to the differential) and Pinion Gear
- Rebuild: As it suggests, rather than you DIY or having another shop do it for you, we are offering our rebuild service if you send us your pumpkin

Fitments:
- 135i/335i MT Apr '07+ with 3.08 Final Drive
- 135i/335i DCT with 2.56 Final Drive (will fit 335d also)

What is included:
- Brand New MFactory Helical LSD
- Brand New MFactory Final Drive (Ring & Pinion)

Latest ETA: Aug 30th. This should also give sufficient time to build up the pre-buy lists to get the best discount.

Price: (MT)
MSRP - $1599.95 + shipping
10+ - $1439.96 inc shipping to North America/Europe/Australia
20+ - $1279.96 inc shipping to North America/Europe/Australia

Price: (DCT)
MSRP - $1649.95 + shipping
10+ - $1484.96 inc shipping to North America/Europe/Australia
20+ - $1319.96 inc shipping to North America/Europe/Australia

Rebuild Service:
- $500 if you send us your core. Includes return shipping (+$100 for Canada)
- Additional $500 core exchange applies if we ship you a rebuilt core first (subject to availability). Refundable after we receive your old core back

To add yourself to the pre-buy list, please let us know

MT:
1) c0ris07
2) Sfvalley135i (from the E forum)
3) bmw335iguy (from the B forum)
4) BostonBeemah (from the N forum)
5) BostonShant (from the N forum)
6) snaimpally (from the E forum)
7) imske3000
8) sliderpass
9) fred (from the N forum)
10) Twhill19
11) kazriel
12) volcom8190 (from the B forum)
13) john-915 (from the B forum)
14) smileypete
15) rob9246

DCT:
1) AForceNinja
2) ST54 (from the B forum)
3) ucsbshawn
4) e36addict (from the E forum)
5) BMOEW (from the E forum)
6) bmw0bsession (from the E forum)
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --

Last edited by MFactory; Today at 03:31 PM.
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
c0ris07
Private
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Australia

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Im in, MT 3.08
c0ris07 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ris07 View Post
Im in, MT 3.08
Added
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
darkrom
Major
 
darkrom's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

Posts: 1,372
iTrader: (3)

I want to think about this, but I don't really know what my total costs will be.

I have a 2010 135i 6MT. I'd like to get a LSD for it. What is involved when it comes time to install it from you?

Does the MSRP - $1599.95 cover everything I'll need to bolt it up to the car?


What is the rebuild service about?

Sorry I can't follow it, but what I'm seeing is if 20+ people get an LSD it'll cost $1300 or so? Then it bolts in despite having a welded dif?
darkrom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
rsr552
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: TX

Posts: 229
iTrader: (0)

^same question
rsr552 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #6
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
The pricing shown above is for the Helical LSD + Ring & Pinion. If you only pay this price, then we will ship you the LSD + Ring & Pinion, and you will have to get it installed in your pumpkin. As we are replacing the oem Diff (with welded Ring) & Pinion, there is no machining required i.e you remove your oem diff (with welded Ring) & pinion, then replace with the new LSD and Ring & Pinion. Your diff now effectively becomes a "bolted diff".

If you wish for us to rebuild your pumpkin for you (instead of you doing it yourself, or having another shop do it for you), we have a $500 rebuild charge if you send us your pumpkin.
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
AForceNinja
New Member
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Are the discount prices a combination of MT/DCT or do there need to be 10+ of each? Im not sure if 10 DCTs are going to jump on this...
AForceNinja is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #8
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
10+ of each
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #9
AForceNinja
New Member
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Well throw me on the list for the DCT and lets hope we can get some more people in on this
__________________
2011 135 w/ DCT
AForceNinja is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #10
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
Quote:
Originally Posted by AForceNinja View Post
Well throw me on the list for the DCT and lets hope we can get some more people in on this
Added, thanks
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #11
imske3000
Private
 
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sydney

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

I want the 6MT 3.08 with ring and pinion (Australian Forum)
imske3000 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #12
BBursey
Work hard, play harder
 
BBursey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 223
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Subscribed - I need to go talk to the local shop to find out if they can handle the install if I just order the parts. I'm a maybe for the MT set-up.

PS> Any chance of some photos / diagram showing the parts included / not included? I'll go do some homework to see if I can understand better myself too.

Cheers,
Bryan
__________________
2011 135i M Sport | COBB V3 AP Stage 1+ | ER FMIC and CP | BMS OCC | Dinan Stage 3 Suspension | Dinan High Performance Bushing Kit | M3 Wishbones | Modified CDV | Clutch Stop | APEX EC-7 Wheels w/ Michelin PSS 235/40R18 265/35R18 Tires | Maddad Street Series Exhaust | BMW Performance Kidney Grills | LCI Blacklines | Armrest Delete | Spoiler Delete | 28% Tint

Last edited by BBursey; 06-29-2014 at 07:52 AM.
BBursey is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #13
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
Quote:
Originally Posted by imske3000 View Post
I want the 6MT 3.08 with ring and pinion (Australian Forum)
Added, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBursey View Post
Subscribed - I need to go talk to the local shop to find out if they can handle the install if I just order the parts. I'm a maybe for the MT set-up.

PS> Any chance of some photos / diagram showing the parts included / not included? I'll go do some homework to see if I can understand better myself too.

Cheers,
Bryan
LSD:


Ring & Pinion (not of the actual product, as they are not ready yet):
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
3002 tii
Major General
 
3002 tii's Avatar
 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 7,940
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
First time seeing this thread, couple questions. I'm assuming MFactory is the name of your company, but the differential you are offering is NOT a BMW OEM led off a 1M/M3 vehicle correct? If so, what brand LSD are you offering? Is it a Wavetrac, Quaife, etc.?

Second, just to make sure I have the pricing right, if I wanted to order a plug and play assembly for my 2.56 DCT, I would essentially be paying:

$1319.96 (assuming 20+ GB pricing)
+ $500 (for rebuild)
+ $500 (for you to send the core first)
= $2319.96

- $500 after you receive my core (but you'll provide a shipping label back)
= $1819.96 total for a machined / installed diff in housing?

Lastly, is the $1319.96 assuming 20+ orders for DCT only, or a combined 20+ orders across all options (MT, Auto, DCT)?
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
3002 tii is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
First time seeing this thread, couple questions. I'm assuming MFactory is the name of your company, but the differential you are offering is NOT a BMW OEM led off a 1M/M3 vehicle correct? If so, what brand LSD are you offering? Is it a Wavetrac, Quaife, etc.?

Second, just to make sure I have the pricing right, if I wanted to order a plug and play assembly for my 2.56 DCT, I would essentially be paying:

$1319.96 (assuming 20+ GB pricing)
+ $500 (for rebuild)
+ $500 (for you to send the core first)
= $2319.96

- $500 after you receive my core (but you'll provide a shipping label back)
= $1819.96 total for a machined / installed diff in housing?

Lastly, is the $1319.96 assuming 20+ orders for DCT only, or a combined 20+ orders across all options (MT, Auto, DCT)?
He answered one of your questions in post #8. Mfactory is the manufacture of the lsd.

I highly doubt you'll get 20+ people to buy dct gearing lsd... I don't even think there's 20 members on the forum with dct! Lol
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
3002 tii
Major General
 
3002 tii's Avatar
 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 7,940
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
He answered one of your questions in post #8. Mfactory is the manufacture of the lsd.

I highly doubt you'll get 20+ people to buy dct gearing lsd... I don't even think there's 20 members on the forum with dct! Lol
I wasn't anticipating 20 orders, I only chose that number for the sake of the pricing example.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos

Last edited by 3002 tii; 06-29-2014 at 02:19 PM.
3002 tii is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #17
Andrewcoja
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 135i MSport
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Texas

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

I'm also confused about total pricing. What is the rebuild cost? Is the first price for a brand new LSD? Is the rebuild the cost of a rebuilt LSD? Or are the prices combined to get one functioning LSD?
Andrewcoja is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #18
3002 tii
Major General
 
3002 tii's Avatar
 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 7,940
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcoja View Post
I'm also confused about total pricing. What is the rebuild cost? Is the first price for a brand new LSD? Is the rebuild the cost of a rebuilt LSD? Or are the prices combined to get one functioning LSD?
I think first price is the cost for LSD

2nd price (the extra $500) is for them to install it into your pumpkin

3rd price (the add'l extra $500) is if you don't want to ship your pumpkins, so instead they'll ship you a complete pumpkin first, and you send back yours afterwards. This $500 would then be returned to you after they receive your pumpkin.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
3002 tii is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2014, 12:45 AM   #19
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
The "pre-buy" price is for the LSD + Ring & Pinion.

The "rebuild" price ($500) is if you wish us to rebuild your pumpkin for you with the new LSD + Ring & Pinion

The "core exchange" price ($500) is if you wish us to send you a rebuilt pumpkin first, before you send us your old pumpkin back. After we receive your old pumpkin back, the $500 is refundable.

Again, please read the "Terminology", as a lot of you guys are still confused (due to the way other manufacturers market/sell their products):

- Pumpkin/Core/Carrier/Pig Snout: This is the entire unit, the part you see bolted up to your car, and contains everything
- Differential Unit/Diff: This is the main part inside your pumpkin that does all the traction magic. OEM is open differential. We are offering a limited slip differential
- Ring & Pinion/Final Drive/Crown & Pinion: This consists of the Ring Gear (which is welded on to your oem differential) and the Pinion Gear. We are offering a replacement Ring Gear (which is now bolted on to the differential) and Pinion Gear
- Rebuild: As it suggests, rather than you DIY or having another shop do it for you, we are offering our rebuild service if you send us your pumpkin
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #20
Stvee
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

Posts: 45
iTrader: (1)

What type of limited slip diff is this? Also, what kind of warranty does this product carry?
__________________
2010 135i | JB4 | DCI | AA Charge Pipe | AA BOV
Stvee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #21
MFactory
Private First Class
 
MFactory's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Dimas, CA

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to MFactory Send a message via MSN to MFactory Send a message via Skype™ to MFactory
It is a Helical LSD on offer, and comes with a lifetime transferable warranty

More info here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943830
__________________
Stephen Yeh - MFactory Competition Products
-- http://www.teamMFactory.com --
MFactory is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #22
BGR
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 135i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midwest

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
The "pre-buy" price is for the LSD + Ring & Pinion.

The "rebuild" price ($500) is if you wish us to rebuild your pumpkin for you with the new LSD + Ring & Pinion

The "core exchange" price ($500) is if you wish us to send you a rebuilt pumpkin first, before you send us your old pumpkin back. After we receive your old pumpkin back, the $500 is refundable.

Again, please read the "Terminology", as a lot of you guys are still confused (due to the way other manufacturers market/sell their products):

- Pumpkin/Core/Carrier/Pig Snout: This is the entire unit, the part you see bolted up to your car, and contains everything
- Differential Unit/Diff: This is the main part inside your pumpkin that does all the traction magic. OEM is open differential. We are offering a limited slip differential
- Ring & Pinion/Final Drive/Crown & Pinion: This consists of the Ring Gear (which is welded on to your oem differential) and the Pinion Gear. We are offering a replacement Ring Gear (which is now bolted on to the differential) and Pinion Gear
- Rebuild: As it suggests, rather than you DIY or having another shop do it for you, we are offering our rebuild service if you send us your pumpkin
Even if you think you have, you obviously have NOT done a good enough job describing the process/pricing if people continue to have the same question. Restating what you posted before is not helping.

Not everyone on this board is savvy enough to be able to differentiate between newly defined parts and then decipher your pricing.
BGR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST