E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Blackline lights

09-19-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
lxapilot118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i + SC Mustang

Blackline lights

I noticed the blackline lights are two piece, and from the photos, it looks like only the inboard lights have the blackline...is this true? If it is, will keeping the stock half on the trunklid and blackline on the outside make it more clear vs. tinted?
      09-20-2005, 02:20 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxapilot118
I noticed the blackline lights are two piece, and from the photos, it looks like only the inboard lights have the blackline...is this true? If it is, will keeping the stock half on the trunklid and blackline on the outside make it more clear vs. tinted?
You´re mistaken. Check here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

The inner part only seems darker because it is smaller and the transparent part is smaller relative to the black surround. But the tint is the same on the inner and the outer piece. The turn signal indicators are not clear but transparent tinted black. Mixing them with the stock pieces looks really crappy (While changing to the blackline you inadvertently go through that phase). Even the lower (red) parts are a slightly different coloration and don´t match to the stock parts.
      09-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
lxapilot118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i + SC Mustang

ah thanks...these things will be so much easier once I finally get my car!