BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #45
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
HondaGoneRogue's Avatar
55
Rep
3,567
Posts

 
Drives: 08 AW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [4.33]
Sweet. Hope we get it too then!
__________________

2008 AW 135i, Whats a mod?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #46
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
HondaGoneRogue's Avatar
55
Rep
3,567
Posts

 
Drives: 08 AW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [4.33]
So us with mods should wait until stage 2 is done?
"Using Stage 1 mapping with modifications that will significantly alter breathing characteristics of the engine (such as deletion of the catalytic converters or the installation of aftermarket downpipes) is not reccomended at this time. Undesirable performance may result."
http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/...AccessPORT.pdf

"Stage 2: Under development"

Awesome website by the way! Very helpful and organized.
__________________

2008 AW 135i, Whats a mod?

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 01-06-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #47
thez99
Colonel
thez99's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,583
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i Auto
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2010 135i  [3.00]
Send a message via AIM to thez99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
So us with mods should wait until stage 2 is done?
"Using Stage 1 mapping with modifications that will significantly alter breathing characteristics of the engine (such as deletion of the catalytic converters or the installation of aftermarket downpipes) is not reccomended at this time. Undesirable performance may result."
http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/...AccessPORT.pdf

"Stage 2: Under development"

Awesome website by the way! Very helpful and organized.
Im curious as to why mods like cats, etc. would cause performance LOSS with a tune??
__________________

= ER Chargepipe/HKS BOV = Maddad Whisper Axle-back exhaust = Maddad resonted 3" midpipes = BMS DCI = HPF FMIC - 18" vmr 701's with Michelin PSS tires - M3 front sway == Coming soon? = M3 front suspension bits - rear m3 subframe bushings - BMW Perf Suspension - IC rear diffusor and spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:06 AM   #48
shockin330i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,201
Posts

 
Drives: blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: f y'all, I'm from Texas (RGV)

iTrader: (1)

I need some n55 stage 2 in my life. Did my downpipe today and the car feels amazing...
__________________
ERnie 2011 AW/e90/n55 12.9@107.53mph
*N55 Moderator*
I'm crawling similar to a ant cuz I'm low to the earth
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #49
bryce
Banned
57
Rep
3,177
Posts

 
Drives: zhp 3-pedal
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
^agreed. stage 2 might tempt me enough to sell the procede v5 and try out the AP. i have catless dp's so stage 1 is not an option
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #50
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Im curious as to why mods like cats, etc. would cause performance LOSS with a tune??
because they may be targeting a certain AFR for max performance, by adding breather mods, like exhaust and DPs you may lean it out too much and it may not adapt properly

not sure how this is affected by the oem ecu trying to adjust

just a thought

The AP has a potential to be great, the numbers look ok. If the actual gains are w/ in 40-60 rwhp think this will be a great success, specially if it can be removed w/ out a trace for dealer service or warranty work
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #51
shockin330i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,201
Posts

 
Drives: blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: f y'all, I'm from Texas (RGV)

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
^agreed. stage 2 might tempt me enough to sell the procede v5 and try out the AP. i have catless dp's so stage 1 is not an option
Me too
__________________
ERnie 2011 AW/e90/n55 12.9@107.53mph
*N55 Moderator*
I'm crawling similar to a ant cuz I'm low to the earth
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #52
BimmerSchnitzel
J1V3.455.7URCK3Y
United_States
2
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
The delta on the 335i dyno is double - 63 Hp and 90lbs on 91 octane - Would like to hear why the 135i gains are 50% of the 335i gains

+1
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #53
nordique14
Major
No_Country
21
Rep
1,455
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharks Territory

iTrader: (3)

Do you have a map for cars with the BMW Performance Power Kit? A PPK N54 is nearly the same as what is in the 335is (but without the overboost feature). I am too far from TX but would be willing to travel down to SoCal with my PPK equipped car.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #54
COBB Tuning
Major
COBB Tuning's Avatar
112
Rep
1,044
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

*** UPDATE ***

We found an issue in the calibration that was used on the 135i that prevented the power gains that everyone was expecting. The calibration has been updated and the 135i will be back on the dyno this afternoon. We should have a dyno graph with power gains that are more in line with what we are seeing on the 335i posted later today.

Thanks!

Gary
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #55
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
16
Rep
827
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Maybe i missed this, but must the accessport always be plugged into the odb port or once flashed, you can remove the accessport?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #56
Dannydeleted
Private
Dannydeleted's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: Subaru STi
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fountain Valley

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Dannydeleted
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
Maybe i missed this, but must the accessport always be plugged into the odb port or once flashed, you can remove the accessport?
Once you flash the car, the AccessPORT does not need to stay connected unless you plan on using it as a gauge/monitoring device.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #57
cwg
Captain
9
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP. Jzb on black
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kailua, HI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
We found an issue in the calibration that was used on the 135i that prevented the power gains that everyone was expecting. The calibration has been updated and the 135i will be back on the dyno this afternoon. We should have a dyno graph with power gains that are more in line with what we are seeing on the 335i posted later today.

Thanks!

Gary
Gary - Great news - looking forward to the dyno results and your release for the N55 motor
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #58
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
HondaGoneRogue's Avatar
55
Rep
3,567
Posts

 
Drives: 08 AW 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [4.33]
Can we get a time frame for stage two?
__________________

2008 AW 135i, Whats a mod?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #59
slade1274
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Petersburg, Fl

iTrader: (1)

How about a time frame for the ProTuner interface so it can tweaked for any setup?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #60
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
in for new dyno #s
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #61
Christian.
New Member
0
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 1994 Subaru Impreza Wagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SL,UT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
because they may be targeting a certain AFR for max performance, by adding breather mods, like exhaust and DPs you may lean it out too much and it may not adapt properly

not sure how this is affected by the oem ecu trying to adjust

just a thought

The AP has a potential to be great, the numbers look ok. If the actual gains are w/ in 40-60 rwhp think this will be a great success, specially if it can be removed w/ out a trace for dealer service or warranty work
Bingo.

On some platforms, removing all catalysts creates huge boost spikes (even with 0% WGDC) and other turbo overrun conditions (boost creep, over boost, etc.). This can also cause ECU logic to switch to less than optimal operations...by design.

We will do our best to communicate our findings as to what are the best bang for the buck combination. We generally try to help guide AccessPORT users towards what modifications we find to be most effective according to the dyno and other data.

Christian.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #62
sti917
Banned
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i e90 M package Auto
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeast MA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to sti917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggykjb_135I View Post
This ap in my opintion is just what I've been looking for. not a piggy back unit, not a flash with the loss of your oem rom. AND you have all the data log and real time reading in your hand and no mods to the intiror with gauges every where. perfect sleeper mod. Im sold..
me too!!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #63
11N55
First Lieutenant
11N55's Avatar
9
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Seeing that the 335 had twice the power gain in HP/TQ any chance that the numbers stated were N54 vs N55...sorry I am sort of joking, I just can't understand how the 335 gets 30% increase vs a 13% increase on the 135, doesn't make sense to me...

Regardless I will be looking out for the N55 release, my brother just got a AP on his 2011 STI and he loves it!
__________________
Order Placed: October 25 | Production Complete: November 4 |En Route: November 16 | At Prep Center: December 2 | At Dealer: December 6

Last edited by 11N55; 01-06-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #64
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11N55 View Post
Seeing that the 335 had twice the power gain in HP/TQ any chance that the numbers stated were N54 vs N55...sorry I am sort of joking, I just can't understand how the 335 gets 30% increase vs a 13% increase on the 135, doesn't make sense to me...

Regardless I will be looking out for the N55 release, my brother just got a AP on his 2011 STI and he loves it!
there was an update, they found a calibration issue and were going to re-dyno, stay tuned for new numbers
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #65
11N55
First Lieutenant
11N55's Avatar
9
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
there was an update, they found a calibration issue and were going to re-dyno, stay tuned for new numbers
Sorry, I must have missed that. Thanks for replying.
__________________
Order Placed: October 25 | Production Complete: November 4 |En Route: November 16 | At Prep Center: December 2 | At Dealer: December 6
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #66
N2Nalgas
New 2 BMW World
N2Nalgas's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe 6MT White\Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Sorry havent read all of the pages here so excuse if already asked.

Cobb

Flat Foot Shifting?
Launch control?
I found these 2 features very fun when I had the AccessPort on my STI.
__________________
Old car: 2004 Subaru STI 6MT
New car: 2011 135i 6MT
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST