BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

US 1M Coupe Standard Equipment and Options Packages (Final)

Nothing really new, but seems to confirm how options will be packaged in US. Tried to add to previous similar thread, but it was closed.



Last edited by cpippolo; 01-10-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
pwdrtoastman
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
6
Rep
222
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (-1)

thats alot of crap
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
MDORPHN
Colonel
41
Rep
2,547
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wash, DC

iTrader: (0)

Looks like there will only be fully loaded models and strippers. (I'm talking about cars!).

I'm going for the latter with satellite radio and heated front seats.

Thanks for posting.

Neil

Last edited by MDORPHN; 01-08-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Blackfield
Private
0
Rep
78
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State

iTrader: (2)



I had a glimpse of hope that I can order 6FL as a standalone option..

Last edited by Blackfield; 01-08-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
guydude
Second Lieutenant
guydude's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: 135is
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So-Cal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135is  [0.00]
SWEEEET
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
analogue
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 1M, 2014 F31
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff on this car, but they are missing 319 - Universal Garage Door Opener in ZPP. That is dumb.

BMW must believe that no one will be parking their 1M in a garage.

EDIT: Interior pictures from NAIAS prove that the car has option 319 on it, even though it is not listed in the OP's option list.

Last edited by analogue; 01-10-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: NAIAS proves this wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
fuzzy_dunlop
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: future 1 series
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: germany

iTrader: (0)

shadowline standard eh? cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
MDORPHN
Colonel
41
Rep
2,547
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wash, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfield View Post


I had a glimpse of hope that I can order 6FL as a standalone option..
Pretty silly that you won't be able to do so.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
02fireman
Second Lieutenant
02fireman's Avatar
4
Rep
293
Posts

 
Drives: Twistys
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Central Fl.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post
I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff on this car, but they are missing 319 - Universal Garage Door Opener in ZPP. That is dumb.

BMW must believe that no one will be parking their 1M in a garage.
I also don't see the smokers pkg that fills the nasty hole in the console (in all pics) plus no APP option like the rest of the 1series gets (and the German 1M also gets). I just hope it's one of those things that will be standard like the folding mirrors and just doesn't show here.
__________________

Z4M Coupe 6MT Monaco Blue #13/36 ...Keeper...
Z4 3.0 6MT ...Keeper...
2OO2 5MT ...Keeper...
335i 6MT Montego Blue M-Sport (Retired),X535d Vermillion Red/Saddle (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
690
Rep
16,675
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Interesting & sad...

Interesting - bc this confirms SOP (start of production) for March, 2011. You can alseo see by the specs - that the 1M will have:

HiFi sound system as standard. HK is optional.
Stadard Shadowline trim (while EU specs this is a option)
Popup headlight washers - so no nubs on the bumper cover like in the prototyp 1M's.

I wonder what this stuff is:
Acoustic belt warning?
Suppelment tank filling?


Seems SAD bc BMW touted this car as a back to basic's M. Seems like BMW NA just wants loaded 1M's - and not true "basic" M's. I think not haing the 6FL option as a stand alone option - kind of highlights this (loaded or nothing) thinking.


Dackel
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
muwarrior07
Private
muwarrior07's Avatar
Germany
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Interesting & sad...

Interesting - bc this confirms SOP (start of production) for March, 2011. You can alseo see by the specs - that the 1M will have:

HiFi sound system as standard. HK is optional.
Stadard Shadowline trim (while EU specs this is a option)
Popup headlight washers - so no nubs on the bumper cover like in the prototyp 1M's.

I wonder what this stuff is:
Acoustic belt warning?
Suppelment tank filling?


Seems SAD bc BMW touted this car as a back to basic's M. Seems like BMW NA just wants loaded 1M's - and not true "basic" M's. I think not haing the 6FL option as a stand alone option - kind of highlights this (loaded or nothing) thinking.


Dackel
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
spiderz17
Not a BMW Insider
spiderz17's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
301
Posts

 
Drives: E46M
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Seems SAD bc BMW touted this car as a back to basic's M. Seems like BMW NA just wants loaded 1M's - and not true "basic" M's. I think not haing the 6FL option as a stand alone option - kind of highlights this (loaded or nothing) thinking.


Dackel
Why is 6FL not standard on all BMWs?? I mean, I get it from a business sense: why give it away when you can charge $400 for it? But seriously, we are in the 21st century right? Lugging around cases of cd's is so 1990s.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

I believe "acoustic belt warning" is simply the chime that rings when you don't have your seat belt on. Believe its mandatory in the US. Also, I think they fill your tank with gas at most dealers, so suspect that's what the "supplement tank filling" is.

I didn't realize they didn't include the universal garage door opener. That's a little surprising (and annoying) as its a low cost item. However, I'm constantly annoyed that the one on my 335 doesn't work after I turn the ignition off, so having an unsightly opener clipped to my visor isn't the end of the world.

Last edited by cpippolo; 01-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #14
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
690
Rep
16,675
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpippolo View Post
I believe "acoustic belt warning" is simply the chime that rings when you don't have your seat belt on. Believe its mandatory in the US. Also, I think they fill your tank with gas at most dealers, so suspect that's what the "supplement tank filling" is.

Ohhh yes. I betcha you are right. I was thinking of the engine accesory drive belt (alternator & A/C, PS) - not seat belts! lol
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #15
Blackfield
Private
0
Rep
78
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State

iTrader: (2)

676 - hifi sound system
Does anybody know if this is the same system that comes with pre '10 135i or the downgraded one?

693 - satellite radio preparation
What is this?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkR171's Avatar
29
Rep
1,532
Posts

 
Drives: SLK55 AMG
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Honolulu, HI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderz17 View Post
Why is 6FL not standard on all BMWs?? I mean, I get it from a business sense: why give it away when you can charge $400 for it? But seriously, we are in the 21st century right? Lugging around cases of cd's is so 1990s.
It's stupid because it's standard as part of the "Value Package" in 2011 128s and 135s... but not standard in the 1M.
__________________
2007 SLK55 AMG - Black on Gray/Black - AMG 030 Performance Package

2011 135i - Traded
///M-Sport - Dual Clutch - Harman Kardon - Bluetooth - iPod - Shadowline Kidney Grill - 225/255 Star Specs - Hotchkis Front Sway
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #17
MDORPHN
Colonel
41
Rep
2,547
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wash, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfield View Post
693 - satellite radio preparation
What is this?
I imagine that it comes pre-wired for XM/Sirius radio.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #18
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
wonder why no 6NR?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #19
analogue
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 1M, 2014 F31
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR171 View Post
It's stupid because it's standard as part of the "Value Package" in 2011 128s and 135s... but not standard in the 1M.
I don't disagree, and this proves it would be at least possible to offer 6FL as a standalone option like most other models. The value packages are there to promote sales of cars near the end of their lifecycle. I don't think BMW will have any difficulty selling 1Ms this year.

What is really going to bother me is if we see new options in September. It almost makes me want to wait to see what they change for Sept '11 production before I order one.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #20
02fireman
Second Lieutenant
02fireman's Avatar
4
Rep
293
Posts

 
Drives: Twistys
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Central Fl.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Black only interior is not very inviting for hot climates.
Thats what the hot weather pkg is for.... Hehe
__________________

Z4M Coupe 6MT Monaco Blue #13/36 ...Keeper...
Z4 3.0 6MT ...Keeper...
2OO2 5MT ...Keeper...
335i 6MT Montego Blue M-Sport (Retired),X535d Vermillion Red/Saddle (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
Dackelone
Moderator
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
690
Rep
16,675
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post

What is really going to bother me is if we see new options in September. It almost makes me want to wait to see what they change for Sept '11 production before I order one.
+1! Yup, like more options and more colors!!! Blue anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #22
Njave
Upstairs drinking coffe
Njave's Avatar
Croatia
8
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: E30 320i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Well it seem that we should probably wait for the official list to make any arguments. But seemingly some options can be considered missing.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST