BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Makkasteez
1nt3n5ity

Drives: 135i

FMIC question

hey guys, im looking to start saving up for the active autowerke FMIC. anyone that has it feel more than welcome to chime in with opinions, pros, or cons.
I like this one over the others because it looks much larger. I love the look of no mesh with the intercooler showing. Also AA has a great reputation.
thanks
Makkasteez is offline   United_States
      04-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
1LazyBmw
Brigadier General

Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkasteez View Post
hey guys, im looking to start saving up for the active autowerke FMIC. anyone that has it feel more than welcome to chime in with opinions, pros, or cons.
I like this one over the others because it looks much larger. I love the look of no mesh with the intercooler showing. Also AA has a great reputation.
thanks
In the same boat.. I know for sure this intercooler is one of the biggest and require probably one of the most cutting...

But this one probably is one of the only FMICS that come with a shroud and covers the entire area of the front where the mesh goes...

Cons... one of the most expensive FMICS out there...
      04-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
Makkasteez
1nt3n5ity

Yeah I feel the same way
Is the cutting that noticeable at all?
      04-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
1LazyBmw
Brigadier General

Quote:
Yeah I feel the same way
Is the cutting that noticeable at all?
Well its all behind the bumper so you wont see it but I heard and seen that you have to cut a significant amount of the plastic in that area.. so noticable with the bumper on.. not at all.. noticable with it off.. probably..
      04-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #5
Makkasteez
1nt3n5ity

I think I'm down for the AA lol. I just love that look of the shroud pushed up against the bumper idk why i just have a soft spot for that. Lol
      04-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #6
Si-335d
Major

Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe

Also, remember with no Mesh you have a higher risk of damage. I have the Forge FMIC and not cutting was required however, I have done some cutting to furtherimprove airflow and I still have a mesh infront of it. I got the Race Mesh FMIC grill and matchig Kidney grills all in powder coats matt black and it looks awesome. I also fitted the race FMIC mesh grill straight into the bumper hole WITHOUT using the original grill to mount it to, so for starters those blank ends in the standard FMIC grill are no longer there. I also removed the cross bar / the "V" strut and the plastic "Webs" at each end of the FMIC to improve airflow still further (This was the cutting I did)
335d MSport Coupe LCI, Titanium Silver:- 19" Wheels, DAB, Memory Seats, Prof Sat Nav, Sunroof, BMW Perf Carbon Fibre:- Boot Spoiler, Mirrors & Front Lip Splitter, SSDD Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, Roof Spoiler, Black Kidney Grills, 12.5mm Eibach Spacers x4, Red Calpiers, CKS Custom Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, ITG Air Filter, Sprint Booster, DMS 380BHP / 600 Ft lbs Remap, Quaife LSD, Weicher front & rear strut brace, Forge charge pipe
      04-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
miro2296
Colonel

Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i

Send a message via MSN to miro2296 Send a message via Yahoo to miro2296
Quote:
I think I'm down for the AA lol. I just love that look of the shroud pushed up against the bumper idk why i just have a soft spot for that. Lol
+1
      04-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
1LazyBmw
Brigadier General

Quote:
Same thing.. I love the AGGRESSIVE LOOK hehe