E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > FS: E90 320D, Msport, innovation.

03-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 320d M sport & Inovation

FS: E90 320D, Msport, innovation.

Hi guys,

Sadly having to part ways with my beloved 3 series.
It's been absolutely wrapped in cotton wool since day one and I'm proud to say still in showroom condition.

Link to car sales add as follows.
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...cs=5&silo=1011
price not concrete and happy to negotiate with a genuine buyer.

I'll still lurk around the forums and keep my finger on the pulse though..

Cheers
Burto.
      03-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
suff
On the hunt for PSI
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Despite its age, the E90 still is a stunning car when its on the right wheels! (yours!)

Good luck with the sale.. and I have to ask, what are you getting in lieu of this one?
      03-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

If you want some serious offers, you definitely have to drop the price. There are brand new ones on carsales for much less. Keep in mind that options prices when new translate very poorly value wise to resale.

Low kms, definitely looks showroom condition like you said. Good luck with sale.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
If you want some serious offers, you definitely have to drop the price. There are brand new ones on carsales for much less. Keep in mind that options prices when new translate very poorly value wise to resale.

Low kms, definitely looks showroom condition like you said. Good luck with sale.
Thanks for the advice Jeef,

I'm always the optimist, had a look around car sales and there are some good cars for a bit less.. Nothing to scary though. I'd be interested to know what you think I should be selling for, PM me.

Burto
      03-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Honestly, (as some other members on here would be able to confirm) over the past week or so I've been seriously considering switching from 320i to 320d. Your car would be the perfect change - similar kms, same good condition, but the price shocked me. Change over would simply cost too much..... So I'll keep dreaming for now.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Honestly, (as some other members on here would be able to confirm) over the past week or so I've been seriously considering switching from 320i to 320d. Your car would be the perfect change - similar kms, same good condition, but the price shocked me. Change over would simply cost too much..... So I'll keep dreaming for now.
Check your PM's mate.
      03-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

.. at least drop it to $69,900 or something to get it in the "under 70k" price bracket and have it turn up in more search results

good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
.. at least drop it to $69,900 or something to get it in the "under 70k" price bracket and have it turn up in more search results

good luck with the sale!
Done..
      03-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #9
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

Hi - happy to delete this if you want me to

The intension is simply to let you know what the market is saying currently about 320's.

I know this is an I and yours is a D - but is meant only as helpful food for thought in your pricing expectations.

With haggling you can expect to driveaway in this for $56k easy.

http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/insight...inclusive.html

((let me know if you prefer I delete this... I just wanted to let you know..))

Cheers

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 04:04 AM   #10
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e92

is that a typo? $59,990 is more like it
      03-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #11
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht View Post
is that a typo? $59,990 is more like it
I don't think it was a typo. Perhaps bmroxm5 was telling me to lower my price in a polite way, as opposed to your blunt statement, but thanks for the advice any way. 59,900 just feels so cheep. I'm not naive but I would have to imagine the cars worth more than that, time will tell. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it!

Cheers.
Burto
      03-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #12
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

We could all sell our cars quicker if we asked less money, it sounds like Burto has time on his side so is chasing something above 60k cause he's in no rush.

A buyer will come along eventually whether at 56 or 66, if he hasn't had any genuine inquiries after a week or so with it at the advertised price then perhaps he will lower his price and keep doing so till the market responds.

when I was looking at cars 6months ago this guy's car was for sale, and still is now! I went and checked it out, even made an offer, but he thought it was too low and he still hasn't lowered his price and the car is for sale 6 months later - that should tell you something http://************/5vvsfn7
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
We could all sell our cars quicker if we asked less money, it sounds like Burto has time on his side so is chasing something above 60k cause he's in no rush.

A buyer will come along eventually whether at 56 or 66, if he hasn't had any genuine inquiries after a week or so with it at the advertised price then perhaps he will lower his price and keep doing so till the market responds.

when I was looking at cars 6months ago this guy's car was for sale, and still is now! I went and checked it out, even made an offer, but he thought it was too low and he still hasn't lowered his price and the car is for sale 6 months later - that should tell you something http://************/5vvsfn7
Car's not even clean in the photos, wheels are even powdercoated with brake dust. Not sure what the owner is trying to do there.

Burto, good to see you've lowered your asking. IMO still way up there since your price is higher than a showroom spec but we'll see.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #14
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Car's not even clean in the photos, wheels are even powdercoated with brake dust. Not sure what the owner is trying to do there.

Burto, good to see you've lowered your asking. IMO still way up there since your price is higher than a showroom spec but we'll see.
Yeah, I'm not getting to much love at the moment Jeef, will probably have to bring the price down again.. I'm starting to think that if I cover the finance I'm going to be happy.. Its just so sad that they drop in price so much, because I'm such a brand enthusiast (read fanboy), I see more value in the car than the market does especially with the efforts I've gone to, to keep it in such good nick.

Burto
      03-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #15
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burto View Post
Yeah, I'm not getting to much love at the moment Jeef, will probably have to bring the price down again.. I'm starting to think that if I cover the finance I'm going to be happy.. Its just so sad that they drop in price so much, because I'm such a brand enthusiast (read fanboy), I see more value in the car than the market does especially with the efforts I've gone to, to keep it in such good nick.

Burto
It's unfortunate like that. At least you haven't wasted money on mods like the rest of us which have roughly 10% resale value if that.

It's always good to buy a car off an enthusiast though, the new owner will be very happy. I think SBC is in the market for a 320d, maybe he will make an offer?

Hope it goes to a good home!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 02:47 AM   #16
orey
Banned
Rep
Drives: the forums

i had a 320d as a loaner yesterday.

had 1000ks, and they were asking 60k for it, anyway it drove like a piece of shit.

my old mans mercedes van drives smoother and for some reason the interior in the sedan seemed alot cheaper and more plastic than mine.

couldnt believe the difference when i got back in my car.

i dont understand the appeal of diesel.

anyone enlighten me?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #17
purifyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by orey View Post

had 1000ks, and they were asking 60k for it, anyway it drove like a piece of shit.

my old mans mercedes van drives smoother and for some reason the interior in the sedan seemed alot cheaper and more plastic than mine.

anyone enlighten me?
I don't understand what you are trying to say orey

your dad's 325i is better than a 320d? awesome
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #18
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orey View Post

anyone enlighten me?
I think that the appeal of the diesel is not just one thing, I agree that there is no way a diesel can compete when it comes to that feeling of a high revving petrol engine under you right foot. However I have to say that where a diesel comes into it's own is torque... My little 4 cylinder engine is only 50nm less torque than an M3. Now a 320d is clearly not in the same league as an M3 but for my money it didn't make sense to pay an extra 15 grand for a 325i that was barely a poofteenth faster than the 320d.

I'd never owned a diesel before the 320d, and I've found the drivability to be nothing short of amazing. What are you comparing the driving experience to?
Burto
      03-19-2011, 03:20 AM   #19
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Orey for everyday driving I'd take a 320d over a 325i 9 out of 10 times.

Sure there's diesel clatter but once inside the car you can barely notice it - the torque and fuel economy make it all the more worthwhile anyway.

I agree that the E90 interior isn't as nice as the E92, but it's not povo either.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #20
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burto View Post
... it didn't make sense to pay an extra 15 grand for a 325i that was barely a poofteenth faster than the 320d...
Orey knows all about poofs.

Burto, I'm thinking. But don't hold your breath.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #21
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I'd take a 325i over 320d 10 out of 10.

N52 feels like a BMW (years of heritage behind it, I.e. the sound and all) that diesel engine feels like any other diesel I've driven... Don't waste money on a BMW diesel
      03-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #22
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Sorry that was a bit harsh. Economically it makes sense!!