BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
nachob
Major
 
Drives: 2011 1M Coupe - SOLD
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

Posts: 1,429
iTrader: (3)

Anyone have gotten two or more allocation choices?

I was wondering if some of you early on put deposits down and now have a choice between two allocations. I am trying to do Euro delivery by August 15 so time is running out for me. Just wondering if you are receiving a car in the US and have a choice of two allocations, maybe we can talk?

IB
nachob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
1VOM
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

even if you can get your hands on one that someone has available an August Euro delivery more than likely won't happen. If i was told correctly the Welt only runs 8 cars through its doors each day (1 an hour). Last I checked the Welt was booked out into mid September.
1VOM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frick38 View Post
even if you can get your hands on one that someone has available an August Euro delivery more than likely won't happen. If i was told correctly the Welt only runs 8 cars through its doors each day (1 an hour). Last I checked the Welt was booked out into mid September.

WAY more than 8 cars per day are delivered.When I visited the Welt, Jason CSU and I watched at least a dozen cars get delivered in the 1-2 hours that we were there. I think it might be more like 8 cars per hour are delivered. IIRC, there are four turntables, so four cars can be delivered at a time... If they have 30 minute time slots... that would be 8 cars per hour. I have heard that they are booked out nearly 90 days in advance however..
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-09-2011 at 12:02 AM.
M3 Adjuster is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
nachob
Major
 
Drives: 2011 1M Coupe - SOLD
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

Posts: 1,429
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
WAY more than 8 cars per day are delivered. I think it might be more like 8 cars per hour are delivered. When I visited the Welt, Jason CSU and I watched at least a dozen cars get delivered in the 1-2 hours that we were there. I have heard that they are booked out nearly 90 days in advance however..
Thanks. I called ED office in NJ this morning and they told me they were taking appts. for August as long as they have a July or earlier production number.

Just thought I would give it a shot!

Is yours locked in now?
nachob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
Redadair
Major
 
Redadair's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Murray

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (0)

I requested my ED last week and got the 8th of August without any issues. So if you can get an Allocation within the next week you might still get a mid August ED date.
__________________
2011 1M, Valencia Orange, All options.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 70K Miles
04 330i ZHP Sedan 55K miles
Redadair is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
nachob
Major
 
Drives: 2011 1M Coupe - SOLD
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

Posts: 1,429
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
I requested my ED last week and got the 8th of August without any issues. So if you can get an Allocation within the next week you might still get a mid August ED date.
Congrats! That is what the ED office told me this morning. Man, I wish there was a pill I could take for this ED!

How long did you have your deposit/name, etc?
nachob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Thanks. I called ED office in NJ this morning and they told me they were taking appts. for August as long as they have a July or earlier production number.

Just thought I would give it a shot!

Is yours locked in now?

havent heard anything.. calling my CA now..
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor
M3 Adjuster is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
nachob
Major
 
Drives: 2011 1M Coupe - SOLD
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

Posts: 1,429
iTrader: (3)

Hoping someone getting US delivery and can wait an extra month or two might be interested in working something out?
nachob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
Redadair
Major
 
Redadair's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Murray

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Congrats! That is what the ED office told me this morning. Man, I wish there was a pill I could take for this ED!

How long did you have your deposit/name, etc?
Since last October.
__________________
2011 1M, Valencia Orange, All options.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 70K Miles
04 330i ZHP Sedan 55K miles
Redadair is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
rossii
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: with wheels
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cali

Posts: 294
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frick38 View Post
even if you can get your hands on one that someone has available an August Euro delivery more than likely won't happen. If i was told correctly the Welt only runs 8 cars through its doors each day (1 an hour). Last I checked the Welt was booked out into mid September.
__________________
"People who say they love the 'Ring' are either not going fast enough or lying" - Jackie Stewart
rossii is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
nachob
Major
 
Drives: 2011 1M Coupe - SOLD
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

Posts: 1,429
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frick38 View Post
even if you can get your hands on one that someone has available an August Euro delivery more than likely won't happen. If i was told correctly the Welt only runs 8 cars through its doors each day (1 an hour). Last I checked the Welt was booked out into mid September.
Dear Frick, I am sure your intentions are good but I don't get the point?

You are not the first person to say it's unlikely....for that matter a bunch of sales people won't do ED at all, they just don't want to bother. I have been told NO over 200 times already which is why I am pounding the pavement trying to find something...anything

..... so I am struggling to understand how this helps me out? Rejection and negativity is a dime a dozen lately... just trying my damndest before the ED Window closes completely. As of right now, Sabrina in the NJ ED office says they have slots for August so as I said if your intention was somehow to help, thank you but I am looking for different solution.

Thank you.
nachob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
1VOM
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Dear Frick, I am sure your intentions are good but I don't get the point?

You are not the first person to say it's unlikely....for that matter a bunch of sales people won't do ED at all, they just don't want to bother. I have been told NO over 200 times already which is why I am pounding the pavement trying to find something...anything

..... so I am struggling to understand how this helps me out? Rejection and negativity is a dime a dozen lately... just trying my damndest before the ED Window closes completely. As of right now, Sabrina in the NJ ED office says they have slots for August so as I said if your intention was somehow to help, thank you but I am looking for different solution.

Thank you.
I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. I simply was giving my input to what I had been told from two dealerships when I was looking for an ED as well. From my original post I stated that these were the facts "assuming I was told correctly." Which from what others are saying must have not been true. The point of my post was to simply state what I had been told and that you would be lucky to find something this late in the game from the information which I had received (which I now see was not all true). I was solely pointing to the possible issue of the month of "August".
1VOM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #13
nachob
Major
 
Drives: 2011 1M Coupe - SOLD
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

Posts: 1,429
iTrader: (3)

As of yesterday morning, if you have a July build, they have slots for ED. If you get an August build, then you have to wait until September or later for ED.

I think some of the early guys might have locked in one or two allocations that might be coming up now.

If someone here is lucky enough to have a choice between two allocations, then maybe we can work something out if one of them is a July build?

Some guys just want their car delivered to US and if they have a choice for a second allocation and can wait en extra month or two. I would be willing to give them some money for the spot, if we can work it out with the dealership.

Anyone out there with possible choice of allocations?
nachob is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST