BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Advevo
Captain
 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!

Posts: 910
iTrader: (0)

My BSM black 1M

A little drift Teaser of my 1M.

There is more to come later on for sure.

The car is insane and in sport mode you can balance the car with throttle. Only the wide michelin have to much grip to do that.

On this movie i have the 18 inch winter wheels with toyo tires in the size 235/40/18 it s the perfect setup for drifting the car. Massive fun.

I never thought i could enjoy the turbo so much. You can hear in the drift how fast the engine response is. More to come. I did not have time yet to make something special. But for now you have to do with this movie.

Advevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Sealobo
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: .

Posts: 300
iTrader: (0)

how would you compare it to your GT3 in terms of handling?
Sealobo is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Advevo
Captain
 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!

Posts: 910
iTrader: (0)

GT3 is off course an increadable car. For trackdays a perfect tool. The maintenance is very expensive the car eats brakediscs for breakfast when used on track. Porsche parts prices are about 4 times more expensive then bmw prices. If you damage the car and you need to repair it it costs easily a new 1M coupe.

The 1M is the car you get in daily and enjoy more often. The 1M is the car you throw so lovely sideways and brings a smile on youre face. You can enjoy a car like the 1M more because you use it more. When driving the GT3 everybody is looking at you i am fed up with that. My 1M is black i want less attention. I just want to enjoy driving. With a GT3 its impossible.

A Gt3 is a car you need as second or third car.

I think i gonna build me a trackday car out of a 1M and sell the GT3 in a few months.I have used it 1.5 year and if i can sell it for a good price it s gone. I must say it was a real adventure with a GT3 and have no regrets whatsoever. But a GT3 has lots of cons on the road. On track it has lots of pros.
Advevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Sealobo
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: .

Posts: 300
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
When driving the GT3 everybody is looking at you i am fed up with that.
you're a good man.

i think it's important to be able to enjoy a car with a care-free mentality. I mean, unless one is rich to the point where wrecking a GT3 bears little financial consequence, he can't truly enjoy the car, at least not away from the track with so much runoff areas as safety margin.
Sealobo is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Jason
Administrator
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 16,571
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
GT3 is off course an increadable car. For trackdays a perfect tool. The maintenance is very expensive the car eats brakediscs for breakfast when used on track. Porsche parts prices are about 4 times more expensive then bmw prices. If you damage the car and you need to repair it it costs easily a new 1M coupe.

The 1M is the car you get in daily and enjoy more often. The 1M is the car you throw so lovely sideways and brings a smile on youre face. You can enjoy a car like the 1M more because you use it more. When driving the GT3 everybody is looking at you i am fed up with that. My 1M is black i want less attention. I just want to enjoy driving. With a GT3 its impossible.

A Gt3 is a car you need as second or third car.

I think i gonna build me a trackday car out of a 1M and sell the GT3 in a few months.I have used it 1.5 year and if i can sell it for a good price it s gone. I must say it was a real adventure with a GT3 and have no regrets whatsoever. But a GT3 has lots of cons on the road. On track it has lots of pros.
Great insight. And some good drifts
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Jason is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
Advevo
Captain
 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!

Posts: 910
iTrader: (0)

When driving in the dark also the grey accents in the speedo are a great gimmick. Very nice.

I have the manual seats they are much better then the electric versions. You can sit a little lower. When you are a bit tall never go for elec versions.
Advevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #7
DooBs
Captain
 
DooBs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles / San Diego, California

Posts: 761
iTrader: (1)

more more more more more
DooBs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #8
edwardio
First Lieutenant
 
edwardio's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M COUPE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: uk

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
When driving in the dark also the grey accents in the speedo are a great gimmick. Very nice.

I have the manual seats they are much better then the electric versions. You can sit a little lower. When you are a bit tall never go for elec versions.
just what i needed to hear..im 6'3 and opted for the manual seats because of my height...many thanks for the video
edwardio is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #9
vito747
Private
 
Drives: 1 coupe M
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barcelona

Posts: 90
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
When driving in the dark also the grey accents in the speedo are a great gimmick. Very nice.

I have the manual seats they are much better then the electric versions. You can sit a little lower. When you are a bit tall never go for elec versions.
just what i needed to hear..im 6'3 and opted for the manual seats because of my height...many thanks for the video

How much lower are the manual seats?
vito747 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #10
Advevo
Captain
 
Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country where the taxes are too high!!

Posts: 910
iTrader: (0)

Don t know

But i have driven 1M one with elec seat and my own car has manual seats.

With the elec seat you have the feeling you sit above the seat (to high) and with manual seats you sit lower and more into the seat. The difference is there.
Advevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 05:52 AM   #11
evolution80
Captain
 
evolution80's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M Coupe bsm
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: austria

Posts: 618
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Don t know

But i have driven 1M one with elec seat and my own car has manual seats.

With the elec seat you have the feeling you sit above the seat (to high) and with manual seats you sit lower and more into the seat. The difference is there.


cool, seems to be another advantage in addition to the manual seats probably being a little lighter i guess? - i ordered manual anyway

nice video, interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing
__________________
if you're cast on thin ice, you may as well dance

enjoy your cars
evolution80 is offline   Austria
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #12
Strongbark
Brigadier General
 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 3,650
iTrader: (1)

I swear my previous 135i manual seats sat lower than my 1M manual seats. The right thigh bolster lined up with the middle trim piece near the hand brake (see pic) when at it's lowest adjustment point yet the 1M seats don't line up as well and they sit slightly above the middle trim piece.


Strongbark is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST