BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #89
mikewills
Captain
 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newport News, VA.

Posts: 781
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCP M3 View Post
Car just entered 150 status today and the PCD date they assigned me is in November which seems rather late. Would I get my car sooner by having it delivered to the dealership or is that the soonest the next boat comes?
Get it for 11/28 and we could race home.

Actually, you'll probably see it 3 weeks sooner by not going PCD. I think most will tell you to go PCD for the experience. The drive home will be a little cold, but probably not quite freezing yet.
__________________
BMWCCA #454364
mikewills is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #90
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Get it for 11/28 and we could race home.

Actually, you'll probably see it 3 weeks sooner by not going PCD. I think most will tell you to go PCD for the experience. The drive home will be a little cold, but probably not quite freezing yet.
Haha so move it to 11/28 and ruin both our break in periods on the way home?

I need to call my CA tomorrow and see when the car would come if I didn't take PCD. Me and my father have already booked a trip to Monterey, CA for Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV and if the dealership delivery coincides with that week, I think we'll opt to delay and let it sit at PCD rather than on the dealership lot.
ZCP M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #91
swimfreak
Orange Crush
 
swimfreak's Avatar
 
Drives: fun!!!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: McKinney, TX

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Okay, I haven't seen this question posted yet... My wife doesn't drive manual, but she'll be coming with me to the PCD. Would she be allowed to drive a DCT in another type of vehicle around the track, or would she not be allowed to drive at all?
swimfreak is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #92
tkbr0wn
Major
 
Drives: 1M BSM (297 of 740)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

The most likely solution here is for you to request a 135 with DCT for your PCD driving exercises instead of driving the 1M. I doubt they will let you take two cars out, (but Ive been wrong before)
__________________

● 135i is gone, 1M BSM #297 ●
tkbr0wn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #93
v1k0d3n
Captain
 
v1k0d3n's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 955
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfreak View Post
Okay, I haven't seen this question posted yet... My wife doesn't drive manual, but she'll be coming with me to the PCD. Would she be allowed to drive a DCT in another type of vehicle around the track, or would she not be allowed to drive at all?
I've asked Ginger about this at PDC, because this was my case too (girlfriend doesn't drive manual). They will only give you one car. So it's either A). she would have to not participate in the drivers experience, while you're driving the 1M, or B). you'll need to be assigned another car that both of you can participate with. Another option is to teach her how to drive manual...this is what we're doing this weekend actually . She can then try it out if she wants to, but if she's uncomfortable with it, then she can just watch (which trust me...my girlfriend is completely fine with; not sure about your situation).
v1k0d3n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #94
mikewills
Captain
 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newport News, VA.

Posts: 781
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
I've asked Ginger about this at PDC, because this was my case too (girlfriend doesn't drive manual). They will only give you one car. So it's either A). she would have to not participate in the drivers experience, while you're driving the 1M, or B). you'll need to be assigned another car that both of you can participate with. Another option is to teach her how to drive manual...this is what we're doing this weekend actually . She can then try it out if she wants to, but if she's uncomfortable with it, then she can just watch (which trust me...my girlfriend is completely fine with; not sure about your situation).
Here's a dumb question. I'm about 90% sure I will end up going by myself for PCD. If so, do I just get twice as much seat time?
__________________
BMWCCA #454364
mikewills is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #95
robertm
Captain
 
Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: dfw

Posts: 877
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Here's a dumb question. I'm about 90% sure I will end up going by myself for PCD. If so, do I just get twice as much seat time?
I hope the answer is no cause my Pops will be really dissapointed when I tell him he's no longer invited!

Good question though, wouldn't be surprised if you do.
robertm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #96
v1k0d3n
Captain
 
v1k0d3n's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 955
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Here's a dumb question. I'm about 90% sure I will end up going by myself for PCD. If so, do I just get twice as much seat time?
If you filled out the form with another driver, then they'll try to "split" the time between the two of you. If not, than you'll get the session all to yourself. Again, I was faced with that option as well, but I told my gf that I'd really like her to come and see what the hype is all about.

What route are you using to get back to the AFB? You should stop by Charlotte for a photo opt and beer. Greenville's close enough, as well. I might be able to meet you along the way. Is your delivery date still 11/28?
v1k0d3n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #97
mikewills
Captain
 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newport News, VA.

Posts: 781
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
If you filled out the form with another driver, then they'll try to "split" the time between the two of you. If not, than you'll get the session all to yourself. Again, I was faced with that option as well, but I told my gf that I'd really like her to come and see what the hype is all about.

What route are you using to get back to the AFB? You should stop by Charlotte for a photo opt and beer. Greenville's close enough, as well. I might be able to meet you along the way. Is your delivery date still 11/28?
Yeah, my delivery is still 11/28. I'm not exactly sure of the route, but I was gonna stop off in knoxville for the night to see my folks. I'm thinking of hitting up some nice twisty roads on the way to Knoxville. I'll let you know as we get closer about hooking up.
__________________
BMWCCA #454364
mikewills is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #98
UnclePerkins
Private First Class
 
UnclePerkins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i (e90) TiAg
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Here's a dumb question. I'm about 90% sure I will end up going by myself for PCD. If so, do I just get twice as much seat time?

I took my 12-year old son with me for PCD. While the others were "switching" seats and sharing driver time, I was burning the tires off the 1M around the track.
UnclePerkins is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #99
sean67
Private
 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Here's a dumb question. I'm about 90% sure I will end up going by myself for PCD. If so, do I just get twice as much seat time?
Yes, you get double time as others have mentioned. I did mine Friday. Not as involved as the M School but lots of fun. I think I enjoyed the off road course in the X3 as much as the road course. That was incredible to me as I had no idea that X3 would do what it did and I hate SUV's in general but that changed my mind not that I have ever had to drive in conditions like that but wow it was impressive.
sean67 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #100
dwildone
Private First Class
 
dwildone's Avatar
 
Drives: MW F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: KC

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Yeah, my delivery is still 11/28. I'm not exactly sure of the route, but I was gonna stop off in knoxville for the night to see my folks. I'm thinking of hitting up some nice twisty roads on the way to Knoxville. I'll let you know as we get closer about hooking up.
I went through Knoxville via the Tail of the Dragon on a route that Donnie Isley set up for me. I would highly recommend doing the same- it was a great drive. I was beat when I rolled into Knoxville around 8:30 that night, but it was well worth it.
dwildone is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #101
Poppy4
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 1M BSM, E36 sold
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

My 1M just went into production (9/10 order date). I have a confirmed PCD date of 12/2. I am thinking that it could get to South Carolina by 11/2 so I wonder if they would allow me to pick it up early in Greenville and just drop out of the class? Any thoughts?
Poppy4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #102
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
 
Drives: '12 SGM 135i DCT/CA/MSport/PPK
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 570
iTrader: (0)

regarding this bullet
Quote:
Who can take delivery at the BMW Performance Center?
[]Customers who are U.S. residents (18 years of age or older with a valid U.S. driver’s license) registering the vehicle at a valid U.S. address can take delivery at the BMW Performance Center. Participants will be required to sign a waiver to participate as a driver or passenger in any BMW Performance Center (BMWNA) vehicle. Customers younger than 18 years of age must possess valid driver licenses/permits and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (most likely the person whose name appears on the bill-of-sale/lease agreement/retail installment contract, etc.). Parents accompanying a minor will be required to sign a waiver on the child’s behalf. The waiver covers liability while the customer is involved in any tours, driving activities or other BMW Performance Center activities.
Is that all that is needed to drive a car at their track? A valid Driver's License and a waiver?
How about insurance? Will my guest need to show proof of insurance?
MPBK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #103
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
 
Drives: '12 SGM 135i DCT/CA/MSport/PPK
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 570
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4 View Post
My 1M just went into production (9/10 order date). I have a confirmed PCD date of 12/2. I am thinking that it could get to South Carolina by 11/2 so I wonder if they would allow me to pick it up early in Greenville and just drop out of the class? Any thoughts?
You'd be missing the point of a PCD, wouldn't you?
MPBK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #104
Poppy4
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 1M BSM, E36 sold
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Yes, but I would get the car a month earlier
Poppy4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #105
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
 
Drives: '12 SGM 135i DCT/CA/MSport/PPK
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 570
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4 View Post
Yes, but I would get the car a month earlier
That's your wishful thinking.
You don't know for a fact that the car will be there 1 month earlier.
Why don't you just have them deliver to your dealer?
MPBK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #106
dwildone
Private First Class
 
dwildone's Avatar
 
Drives: MW F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: KC

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
regarding this bullet
Quote:
Who can take delivery at the BMW Performance Center?
[]Customers who are U.S. residents (18 years of age or older with a valid U.S. driverÂ’s license) registering the vehicle at a valid U.S. address can take delivery at the BMW Performance Center. Participants will be required to sign a waiver to participate as a driver or passenger in any BMW Performance Center (BMWNA) vehicle. Customers younger than 18 years of age must possess valid driver licenses/permits and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (most likely the person whose name appears on the bill-of-sale/lease agreement/retail installment contract, etc.). Parents accompanying a minor will be required to sign a waiver on the childÂ’s behalf. The waiver covers liability while the customer is involved in any tours, driving activities or other BMW Performance Center activities.
Is that all that is needed to drive a car at their track? A valid Driver's License and a waiver?
How about insurance? Will my guest need to show proof of insurance?
My guest did not need a separate proof of insurance. Mine sufficed.
dwildone is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #107
ethanh8791
Supreme Member
 
Drives: crazy
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 113
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 VW GTI  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
If you do PCD at what point do you settle up at the dealership and handle paperwork/financing/etc? I'm probably selling my one and only car to help finance this purchase so need to figure out the time line.
ethanh8791 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #108
tkbr0wn
Major
 
Drives: 1M BSM (297 of 740)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanh8791 View Post
If you do PCD at what point do you settle up at the dealership and handle paperwork/financing/etc? I'm probably selling my one and only car to help finance this purchase so need to figure out the time line.
Usually around two weeks before delivery.
__________________

● 135i is gone, 1M BSM #297 ●
tkbr0wn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #109
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
 
Drives: '12 SGM 135i DCT/CA/MSport/PPK
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 570
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCP M3 View Post
Haha so move it to 11/28 and ruin both our break in periods on the way home?

I need to call my CA tomorrow and see when the car would come if I didn't take PCD. Me and my father have already booked a trip to Monterey, CA for Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV and if the dealership delivery coincides with that week, I think we'll opt to delay and let it sit at PCD rather than on the dealership lot.
Speaking of break in... how does one break this engine in driving 2 days on highway?
They recommend not to exceed 4500rpm. I can do that.
They recommend varying the engine speed... How? I would think I'd be risking being pulled over by cops for driving erratically.
MPBK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #110
Satalite
Colonel
 
Satalite's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,880
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCP M3 View Post
Haha so move it to 11/28 and ruin both our break in periods on the way home?

I need to call my CA tomorrow and see when the car would come if I didn't take PCD. Me and my father have already booked a trip to Monterey, CA for Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV and if the dealership delivery coincides with that week, I think we'll opt to delay and let it sit at PCD rather than on the dealership lot.
Speaking of break in... how does one break this engine in driving 2 days on highway?
They recommend not to exceed 4500rpm. I can do that.
They recommend varying the engine speed... How? I would think I'd be risking being pulled over by cops for driving erratically.
5000-5500 RPMs stated in manual. And up till 1200 miles.

I seriously doubt 2 highway drives would break it in unless you were driving across the country lol.
__________________
Satalite is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw 1m, delivery, greenville, pcd, pick up

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST